More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:23:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bon Voyage
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bon Voyage  (Read 20112 times)
kauaiboi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Bon Voyage
« on: 2007 September 23, 12:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've been waiting for a game like this every since i posted that topic about receptionist desk. but anyways, okay i made a hotel but it seems that the front desk (or whatever you wanna call it) is not functional or it doesnt have anyone standing by it and checking in the guest for the rooms. how the hell am i supposed to run a hotel if i cant get that front desk to function? any ideas? help? what am i supposed to do?

kauaiboi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Bon Voyage
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 24, 11:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay i used the changelotzoning hotel cheat code and its works fine. but my main concern is that there is no NPC to cover the check in desk.. what do i have to do to have that NPC? also do i need to enter the cheat everytime i play the game?
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 24, 12:59:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You must have one registration desk and one hotel door on the lot to have it function properly. The hotel door must be placed correctly (the small plate facing out). 

Also, if you included a restaurant but don't have NL installed, that restaurant will be just an empty room.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 24, 14:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you used a community lot to build it? Residential lots cannot be converted into hotels. It needs the community phone (and bin I suppose) to function properly.

kauaiboi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 24, 14:08:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes emma,

it is on a comm. lot but everytime i use the changelotzoning hotel cheat code there is no NPC by the check-in desk.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 24, 14:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes emma,

it is on a comm. lot but everytime i use the changelotzoning hotel cheat code there is no NPC by the check-in desk.

Are you able to book the hotel for a Sims vacation?  Have you sent any Sims to the hotel to check in?  If so, what happens?

Changing the lot zoning is not going to make any NPC pop up at the desk; they don't appear until the lot is actually played.
kauaiboi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 24, 14:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes emma,

Are you able to book the hotel for a Sims vacation?  Have you sent any Sims to the hotel to check in?  If so, what happens?

Changing the lot zoning is not going to make any NPC pop up at the desk; they don't appear until the lot is actually played.

nothing happens.. idk b/c im running it as a bussiness... maybe thats why its not going they way its plan?
kauaiboi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 24, 14:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

aww man.. BV SUCKS for not making sims run their own hotel! haha.. thanks anyways
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 24, 20:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's actually that you can have a hotel running in any subhood, but you can't run one as an owned business anywhere.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 24, 20:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure you are using the 'chagelotzoning hotel' and then exiting and SAVING the lot to fix the change?

Inteen for AL, yay!
kauaiboi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 24, 22:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i think so... but can i still run it as a business?
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 24, 22:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has been asked repeatedly in the run up to BV, and the official answer has always been the same.  You cannot run a hotel as a business.  And since they were promising a lack of a feature rather than a feature, the Maxoids were right about this.

With a community lot sleeping hack you can mock up a hotel on your own terms as a venue, but it won't work like an official hotel.  Sorry, but them's the breaks.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 24, 22:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May I suggest you to "trick" the simulator?

Choose any hotel you want, click on it, and package it to a file. You will find it in the Packaged Lots folder.

Enter the Packaged Lot folder (My Documents/EA/TS2/Packaged Lots), and change the lot's name.

Install the renamed packaged lot.

Enter the game, put it on a free space, redecorate it as you like (buy and build mode), and package the lot again.

Delete the present renamed from the lot bin, and move there the redecorated lot. Now you have a hotel lot, which you can put in any vacation hood you want.
kauaiboi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 24, 23:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and where can i download the simulator?
Captain Swooptie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 24, 23:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sim(ulator)s 2

Edit: Actually, it'd be Sim(ulation)s, wouldn't it? Simulations within the greater simulator. Whatever. Sims 2 = the simulator. SimCity = the other simulator. SimAnt = the best simulator.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 24, 23:34:54 by Captain Swooptie » Logged
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 25, 01:23:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and where can i download the simulator?

Lol, you have it - it's the game itself. I suggested you to outwit it...Smiley. I do it in all my community lots, like Bowling, 50's cafe, University Gym, etc. I chose the ones I want to visit, and then paste them instead of the original ones.
kauaiboi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 25, 09:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

haha.. um okay... im going to sound stupid. but i dont understand.. haha
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 25, 09:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's an Inn and a Hotel in the pre-built Maxis lots in the bin. Try those first.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
kauaiboi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 25, 09:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay! thanks.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 September 25, 10:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went in and pillaged all the lots in the prebuilt vacation destinations yesterday (moved them to house bin) for rebuilding purpose. They are all inte usual bin, every single hotel. Do I need to rezone them with the cheat to hotels after redoing them?
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 September 25, 14:51:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am still playing around with the various ways of doing things,so I am not 100% sure. You might need to change the lotzoning to Community first, to enable you to alter anything, then you will have to change it back to Hotel when you are done.

More F than you
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 September 25, 15:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might need to change the lotzoning to Community first, to enable you to alter anything, then you will have to change it back to Hotel when you are done.

Nope; just enable the dorm building cheat in build mode and you can make any alterations you like to the hotels (except maybe alterations to the actual building itself).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 September 26, 15:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

with the dorm cheat you can tear down the entire building if you want...  Cheesy

I spent app. 12 hours yesterday 'remodeling' every freaking vacation hotel that was already placed in all 3 vacation subhoods (except for the couple I just bulldozed) and editing the vacation community lots  Tongue  Most of my hotels now have only 2 suites because why on earth would I want a bunch of suites for vacation townies.

my next step will be building new ones (hotels and community) to replace the ones on the huge lots because I woke up this morning knowing I will not enjoy taking my sims to those huge lots.   Roll Eyes   I like playable lots, something maxis/ea dosen't know how to build.

Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 September 26, 15:37:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happens when you replace the hotel doors with regular doors?  Can your sims sleep in those rooms even if you don't reserve them?  Although hotel lots are so laggy that I can't bear sleeping in the hotel, I just use maxmotives so they can get back to having fun at a normal speed.  This is the only place I have ever used maxmotives, normally I consider it too cheaty.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 September 26, 15:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm. Now that's an idea. Make a 1x1 room with a hotel door. Check in for all of $1$25, then sleep in the room next to it that has a normal door. You'd have issues with sims bogarting the potty, but apparently some have had issues with that already. Must try.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 26, 18:46:43 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: