More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 00:18:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bon Voyage
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bon Voyage  (Read 20509 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Bon Voyage
« Reply #25 on: 2007 September 26, 15:52:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd have issues with sims bogarting the potty, but apparently some have had issues with that already.

Just plop a BUY controller in all the bathrooms.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 September 26, 17:17:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happens when you replace the hotel doors with regular doors?  Can your sims sleep in those rooms even if you don't reserve them?  Although hotel lots are so laggy that I can't bear sleeping in the hotel,

no clue, I got rid of almost all of the extra rooms, mostly by getting rid of the whole second floor *laughs*  At one place, I turned 1 room/suite into a TV/chess room and I put a pool table in another, switched the doors to archs. At a fancy beach hotel, I got rid of the second floor and turned one suite into a TV room.

I got rid of all the TVs in the suites, in every single hotel that had them.

I hate lag. If you haven't already then I suggest going into all those vacation lots and trimming them down. You won't believe how much stuff is on them. On some of the Island lots, there are flowers and bushes under the small trees, I never knew they were even there until i started deleting trees.

I actually had lag on some of the vacation lots in build mode and it always cleared up after I deleted a ton of 'extra' stuff, like plants/trees/fences. so I hope that is a sign that playing those lots will be better now.

I got rid of both of the 'Ruins' on the Island, made a 2x2 lot called "Monkey Ruins" and stuck the monkey fountain thing there for the memento, with a couple other things (bathrooms, food stand and stuff). The maxis/ea lots look really nice but suck to play IMO   Wink   In time, I will go back and dress up my Monkey Ruins a bit more (or redo it on a slightly bigger 2x3 lot). IMO, smaller lots are easier to make look nice and they play better.  Big/Huge lots always need tons of stuff just so they don't look empty.

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 September 26, 17:22:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of my hotels now have only 2 suites because why on earth would I want a bunch of suites for vacation townies.

That's a really good point.  Who cares where all those townies are sleeping?  Let them find their own accommodations!  Smiley  I really should do something similar.

Does anybody know how the pricing per suite is determined?  Is it based on the number of beds/type of beds/size of suite/environment score?  Or is it just random?

Karen
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2007 September 26, 17:34:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

one two-square room with nothing in it (I'm talking $1 walls & floors & that's it) costs $25 a night. I know this because I needed to make my caravan park (well, beachside camping ground) realistic & playable as a hotel lot.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 September 26, 17:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering about how the pricing per suite is determined also. I noticed in some of the 'cheaper' hotels that cheaper furniture was used, some I replaced with much more expensive stuff but haven't yet had a chance to play again. I'm hoping to see a big price increase since I'd like to make some nice small very expensive Hotels and some small crappy very cheap Hotels.

I haven't checked the guide about it yet though, not sure if it says anything about it.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 September 26, 18:51:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably determined like the bills at a Uni dorm are, by the value of the contents divided by the number of rooms.

BTW, someone on insim posted a mini-hotel that looks pretty good.  Haven't downloaded it yet, but http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=60983

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 September 26, 19:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, the guide says

"A hotel's rooms are priced individually based on their size and the value of their contents. The bigger the room and the more expensive the objects, the more the room will cost to rent each day.

note: A hotel's Simoleon rating is based on the average daily rate of all its rooms."

sounds right from what I noticed in the different hotels I edited.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 September 26, 21:19:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That makes sense.  Thanks.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 September 26, 23:31:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, the guide says

"A hotel's rooms are priced individually based on their size and the value of their contents. The bigger the room and the more expensive the objects, the more the room will cost to rent each day.

note: A hotel's Simoleon rating is based on the average daily rate of all its rooms."

sounds right from what I noticed in the different hotels I edited.

So true.  I built a rental home that functions as a hotel.  Just tossed a registration desk in a small building at the edge of the lot, then proceeded to build the very nice home, placing the required Solidity door on the side so it didn't detract from the overall aesthetics.  It is decorated beautifully, has three bedrooms, three baths, and a large kitchen.  Waterfront of course.  Plus a fence to keep out the riffraff.  Only problem is that the daily rental is about $4,200.  Am using it for my very well heeled Sims but I'll probably toss a few more beds in the rooms and use it for my YAs' spring break playground.  Just have to remember to include a keg and other important accoutrements.

I plan to build a couple more private rental homes, but much smaller to get the rental price down.  I hate the existing hotels and my younger families don't have the cash to buy vacation homes, so "renting" is a good deal for them. 
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2007 September 27, 00:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay sharpen your sticks ... what exactly is the cheat to use to modify existing hotels? I have a feeling I am going to need it ...

Thanks in advance,

Cass Smiley

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 September 27, 00:04:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

note: A hotel's Simoleon rating is based on the average daily rate of all its rooms."[/i]
See, that's a lie. A hotel's "Simoleon rating" is determined by how many times you press $ while typing in the description. Period.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 September 27, 01:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay sharpen your sticks ... what exactly is the cheat to use to modify existing hotels? I have a feeling I am going to need it ...

Thanks in advance,

Cass Smiley

I use the dainty delicate technique of just blowing them up and starting fresh. 

If you want to modify a hotel, bring up the cheat window and key in changelotzoning community.  Save and exit to the neighborhood.  Reenter the lot and do your building thing and when your masterpiece is done, return to the cheat window and key in changelotzoning hotel.  Save and exit to the hood.

Just don't ditch the registration desk or the hotel door or it won't function.
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2007 September 27, 01:45:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to modify a hotel, bring up the cheat window and key in changelotzoning community.  Save and exit to the neighborhood.  Reenter the lot and do your building thing and when your masterpiece is done, return to the cheat window and key in changelotzoning hotel.  Save and exit to the hood.

Ah-ha! It was the save and exit I wasn't getting! Thank you so much!

Take this as a warning children ... don't Sim on muscle relaxants!

Cass Smiley

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 September 27, 13:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The dorm building cheat also works fine if you don't want to actually change the zoning of the hotel.  I don't remember it off the top of my head (boolprop dormenabledchanges or something like that), and don't have access to my game machine right now, but a quick search will turn it up here.

Note that the dorm building cheat works even when the hotel is occupied, so your rich sims can 'donate' an espresso machine (or whatever) to the lot while they're there.  I use that one so much that I have it aliased in my userstartup.cheat file. It comes in handy for plopping a BUY controller in the bathroom of the rooms the sims are staying in.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2007 September 27, 14:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hotels I pillaged from the standard vacation hoods, ended up in the "common" lot bin, but were still hotels when I put them down in the new custom hood. No need to change any lot zoning.
kauaiboi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 September 30, 10:45:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay i've tried the "changelotzoning community" and the "changelotzoning hotel" cheat code.. its works fine.. now i can run a hotel.. but the problem is that i cant save.. any help with that?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 September 30, 17:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay i've tried the "changelotzoning community" and the "changelotzoning hotel" cheat code.. its works fine.. now i can run a hotel.. but the problem is that i cant save.. any help with that?
I'm not sure how to say this any clearer, as it's been said earlier: it isn't in the game mechanics to run a hotel as an OFB business. You aren't going to get it to save.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 October 02, 13:35:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Note that the dorm building cheat works even when the hotel is occupied, so your rich sims can 'donate' an espresso machine (or whatever) to the lot while they're there.  I use that one so much that I have it aliased in my userstartup.cheat file. It comes in handy for plopping a BUY controller in the bathroom of the rooms the sims are staying in.

I did something similar, with bookshelves, but they were not there the next time I had sims visit that hotel. I think the only way to add items permanently is to edit the hotel from neighbourhood view.

More F than you
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 October 02, 20:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To those people who deleted hotel bedrooms because they didn't want townies staying there (and who does), I have these observations.  I imagine Maxis built the hotels with lots of bedrooms because you can take up to 8 people on holiday with you when you go and your hotels will need at least eight beds to accommodate the maximum number.  I realised this last night when I was making a hotel (a nice pagoda) for my 8-member family to stay it.  With little areas for eating food and ensuite bathrooms, TVs and wardrobes, it takes a lot of room.  Also, FYI, you don't get any holiday-makers if you use the clean templates before you generate the holiday hoods - it works just like the dorms, lots of empty rooms that stay empty.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2007 October 02, 20:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did something similar, with bookshelves, but they were not there the next time I had sims visit that hotel. I think the only way to add items permanently is to edit the hotel from neighbourhood view.

Actually, that is good as it shows that the hotel is resetting properly after a sim leaves vacation and before a new sim comes to stay Smiley

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 October 02, 21:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To those people who deleted hotel bedrooms because they didn't want townies staying there (and who does), I have these observations.  I imagine Maxis built the hotels with lots of bedrooms because you can take up to 8 people on holiday with you when you go and your hotels will need at least eight beds to accommodate the maximum number.  I realised this last night when I was making a hotel (a nice pagoda) for my 8-member family to stay it.  With little areas for eating food and ensuite bathrooms, TVs and wardrobes, it takes a lot of room.  Also, FYI, you don't get any holiday-makers if you use the clean templates before you generate the holiday hoods - it works just like the dorms, lots of empty rooms that stay empty.

I thought of that while making a base template hotel (rather then build a few, I made one and used copies of it). It has 2 bedrooms (1 suite) and I made sure I could fit more beds in if I need them without needing to add on.  I know you can visit other hotels and wasn't sure if tourists do so I built a recreation center in a separate building with a food stand placed between them.  Looks nice, in the mountains the Hotel looks like two mountain cabins.  I redecorated it for each vacation subhood.

It was to late for my new hood to use empty templates but is there one that just affects those vacation townies that get dumped into your hood before you even attach the vacation subhoods?  Those are the only ones that annoy me and it'd save me having to clean them out when I make my next new hood. The clean template thread just got me all confused so I quit looking.

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 October 02, 21:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was to late for my new hood to use empty templates but is there one that just affects those vacation townies that get dumped into your hood before you even attach the vacation subhoods?  Those are the only ones that annoy me and it'd save me having to clean them out when I make my next new hood. The clean template thread just got me all confused so I quit looking.

Yes, there were 4 hidden hoods that came with BV - and one of those is the blasted Traveller family which I excised from my game as soon as possible.  Argon posted the empty templates on the thread in Peasantry about building a clean neighbourhoods with the templates.

Sorry, you said you got confused (note: read ALL the message before replying, Jen) - I'm trying to find the right post, hang on.

OK - it's
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,4306.250.html
Message 258 - the V001 sub-hood is the one that contains (or in this case, doesn't) the Traveller family.  So that's the one you need to replace in the game files.

« Last Edit: 2007 October 02, 22:10:09 by maxon » Logged

Inteen for AL, yay!
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 October 02, 22:45:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, there were 4 hidden hoods that came with BV - and one of those is the blasted Traveller family which I excised from my game as soon as possible.  Argon posted the empty templates on the thread in Peasantry about building a clean neighbourhoods with the templates.

Sorry, you said you got confused (note: read ALL the message before replying, Jen) - I'm trying to find the right post, hang on.

OK - it's
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,4306.250.html
Message 258 - the V001 sub-hood is the one that contains (or in this case, doesn't) the Traveller family.  So that's the one you need to replace in the game files.

Thank you!

Do you know if new vacation locals would spawn with the correct clothes and stuff?  If they do then I wouldn't mind using those empty templates too. I'm not up to making my own. 

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 October 03, 06:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sadly locals spawn with random clothes...
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 October 03, 16:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sadly locals spawn with random clothes...

thats what I thought  Sad 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: