More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 02:15:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Disc Problem OFB - Need 1 File
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Disc Problem OFB - Need 1 File  (Read 2533 times)
ithinknot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Disc Problem OFB - Need 1 File
« on: 2007 October 04, 04:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having an issue with a file that cannot be read while I'm trying to reinstall OFB. I've copied the disc to a folder on the hard drive and tried to install from there. It gets to around 97% then says it's having a problem copying the file \TSBin\Sims2EP3.exe

Could anyone perhaps copy that file from the U.S. OFB disc and upload it or send it to me at dakotaskyehs@aol.com?

I'd be really grateful. I'm already beyond aggravated with reinstalling these discs. Much grassy ass.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Disc Problem OFB - Need 1 File
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 04, 13:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you check to make sure the original file on your hard disk isn't read-only?  Since you said 'reinstall', I'm assuming you already have the game installed, and are just attempting to reinstall on top of it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ithinknot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 04, 13:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it isn't that. I reformatted my hard drive a couple of months ago and never reinstalled the game. I'm just getting around to it now. So I started a fresh install last night. Got base thru Nightlife installed with no problems. Ran the game, went to the 'hood screen to check that it was working, exited, then tried three times to install OFB, which worked just fine before the reformat. I take good care of my game discs.

The first time I got an error on another file, took the disc out and cleaned it though it looks spotless, got rid of the residual files, ran CC, restarted and tried again. The second time I got the same file error, so I copied the files to the hard drive and tried the install from there. It got past the first file just fine, got almost all the way to the end and gave me the error on the big file, the exe. So I cleaned up again and tried the disc again, won't read that file.

*Edit, I tried to copy the disc to the drive again and check the attributes of that file. On the HD it's not marked as read only, so that should be ok.
« Last Edit: 2007 October 04, 13:54:40 by ithinknot » Logged
ithinknot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 04, 14:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never mind. Thanks to all. I tried reinstalling two more times. On the second try I let the game connect to the internet in one of those "what the hell, I'm getting desperate" moments and after that it installed perfectly. Son of a bitch.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: