More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 18:50:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  First ever Direct X 9 error.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: First ever Direct X 9 error.  (Read 4409 times)
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
First ever Direct X 9 error.
« on: 2007 September 22, 04:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Flipping joy! Someone please shoot me. I know I've been pretty lucky with this game, only ever having one problem (the infinite blue loop that eventually got solved), so it figures that my luck would run out with installing the beyond borked Bon Voyage.

Specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+ (2.2GHz)
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Page File: 352MB used, 3589MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
(Direct X is reporting no problems found.)
Card name: ATI Radeon X1550
Display Memory: 512.0 MB

First ever Direct X 9 error for me. "Failure to enumerate any Direct X 9 compatible graphics adaptors in this system! Please make sure you have a Direct X 9 compatible graphics adaptor and have installed the latest manufacturer provided driver. Application terminating blah blah blah." Did the obvious first (updating the driver and updating Direct X), but still having this issue. Did some research of my own...unfortunately, the part concerning this in the Sims2Wiki is missing, and everything I turned up dealt with when the game originally came out years ago (outdated graphics cards). Now, my card is supposed to be compatible with this game. It's never failed me yet. It's not technically on the requirements list (falling between the x1300 and x1600 obviously), but it's supposed to be supported.

Anyone got any ideas? Certainly this damn card can't be outdated or incompatible.  Emailed EA about this to get their worthless non-solution.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: First ever Direct X 9 error.
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 22, 04:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recommend percussive maintenance.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 22, 17:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I just found out, any sort of percussive maintenance should be directed at EAxis.  Apparently, people with this specific card are getting this error, and updating Direct X/drivers doesn't help like it used to.  I am beyond pissed.  I feel like heading over to their headquarters and shoving a few M-80s up Larry Probst's ass.  I just bought this damn card two months ago to relieve myself of the ridiculous blue loop Nvidia shit.

Are there enough people fed up with them willing to start a revolution?

Edit:  Ah, yes.  I got the much anticipated non-solution from some idiot at EA.  First "Roel" thought that I was having issues installing the game, so he gave me the Direct X bypass (which I already knew of) that doesn't work for this issue.  After telling him that, I get a whole "sorry, even though your card should be on the list of supported cards, it's not, so fuck you, we aren't going to help" reply that I was expecting.  I told him that I'm not the only person with this card or this issue and asked him to pass this along to someone for a patch fix (as I've spent hundreds of dollars over the years on their games, so I'd better see a fix for this).

I suppose I shouldn't hold my breath.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 22, 18:39:07 by AlwaysRemeberYourTowel » Logged

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 24, 16:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, "Roel" figures that I corrupted a file while installing.  There is no way in hell that this "file corruption" can be happening to numerous people, but in any case, in case anyone else is having this problem, I'm going to uninstall, try the Direct X workaround on the odd chance that it may fix this (though I doubt it), and I'll report back if anything good happens.

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 25, 07:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I just found out, any sort of percussive maintenance should be directed at EAxis.  Apparently, people with this specific card are getting this error, and updating Direct X/drivers doesn't help like it used to.  I am beyond pissed.  I feel like heading over to their headquarters and shoving a few M-80s up Larry Probst's ass.  I just bought this damn card two months ago to relieve myself of the ridiculous blue loop Nvidia shit.
From what I heard, Larry Probst retired or resigned.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 25, 15:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn, that's too bad because I think I found the reason behind this failure error. 

This is either the work of overzealous sniffing by Secorum, and/or naughty EA decided to put spyware on my PC (via that stupid launcher idea).  I had to uninstall everything, and nothing would still install correctly.  Thinking of Battlefield 2142 and the retarded spyware shit EA included, on a whim, I ran Spybot, and surprise, surprise.  Wiped it out, and things are installing correctly so far.

If Secorum decides to be an asshat again though, I don't know what to do (I don't think even YASU is working in this case) because it's not like I can wipe off my husband's UltraISO and Nero.

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 25, 16:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got exactly the same message re: DirectX 9 not being found.

In my case, the shortcut I was using was incorrectly created.  Test game by starting up directly from the Sims2EP6.exe in your BV sub-directory in program files.  If that works, create a new shortcut to that file.  Not sure how I corrupted the shortcut, but recreating it solved the problem.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 25, 20:40:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's working fine now (with no CC of any kind; we'll find out about that in a few minutes).  I'm not so sure it was a "corrupted file" or a bad shortcut.  As I said, I had to wipe out some new spyware (that I swear popped up on my system only after BV), and now everything works correctly.  Strange (but not too strange considering this is EA we're talking about here).

Too many retards
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 27, 10:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been getting the same message - although I have played BV for 2 weeks (with a few crashes - but I think that is more to do with lack of virtual memory) I cannot load the game at all.
The only difference being that I had recently installed Avast - which I uninstalled and managed to load the game but it froze after 2 minutes of playing (I was in build mode) - now it has reverted to the Directx message.  I tried installing a no-cd crack but am still getting the  same message Sad

Processor: AMD Duron(tm) MMX (1.3GHz)
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 405MB used, 844MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
(Direct X is reporting no problems found.)
Card name: ATI Radeon 9600 Atlantis
Display Memory: 128.0 MB

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 30, 14:08:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you've recently installed the latest ATI drivers, I recommend rolling back to an earlier release.  They don't appear to work with the 9600 at all.  I know, I spent the better part of a couple of hours uninstalling display drivers and then re-installing them  Angry

I also recommend actually going to the page for Display in the Dxdiag tool and trying the Direct3D test, because the cursory scan of your graphics driver doesn't actually render anything on screen.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: