More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:43:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sims sucked into Vacation vortex
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims sucked into Vacation vortex  (Read 3617 times)
Azrael
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Sims sucked into Vacation vortex
« on: 2007 September 20, 22:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I managed to get everything working finally in BV... however,  in the process of testing, a pair of sims became trapped in limbo between home and their vacation home in Twikkii island...

When I first tried to send them to their new vacation home, it loaded up in build/buy mode, minus Live... I was a bit weirded out, and made the awesome (or rather, unawesome) move of saving before quitting... I debugged and found the problem; all is well... however, whenever I load that lot, it sends me on vacation - and back to a build and buy mode...

I blew it up, didn't I?

can they be saved?

Cry
Hitch
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Sims sucked into Vacation vortex
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 20, 22:42:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds similar to this: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9683.0.html

Suggestions for what might save your sims and lots can be found in that thread.
Azrael
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 20, 22:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the home lot that insists they are on vacation? will it know that they're not after I invite them over, as suggested, to another lot?
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 21, 01:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=38c493a5281038288543af644efb9df6&directoryID=189&startRow=1&openItemID=item.189,root.1,item.43,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23

Could they be any more vague about what action causes the problem?  Don't know if this is the root of your problems or not.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Hitch
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 21, 01:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my case, their original home lot became un-owned. I had to move them in again and refurnish it. Admittedly, a less than ideal solution if you lose any hard to replace stuff, but at least you get your sims back.
Azrael
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 22, 07:10:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, I was able to save them, fortunately, thanks to Tombstone of Life and Death. My situation was a bit different, as I had a vacation home and home in limbo, and like 3 kids and a servo still at the vacation home. I reunited the family with phones and the tombstone, then rebought the lot, after it (thankfully) went up for sale. Bt yeah, like you said - I now must completely refurnish. Eh, better than rebuilding, too....
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: