More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 05:59:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  dramafix hack causing room service bug
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: dramafix hack causing room service bug  (Read 6714 times)
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
dramafix hack causing room service bug
« on: 2007 October 03, 16:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I posted in the roomservice fix thread, I decided to figure out what was causing this. I just reinstalled windows and sims so I had a fresh copy, no room service bug. When adding my downloads in, bam, room service bug. So I took everything out, added only jmp's hacks. Still had bug. So I took out half. Still had bug. Took out another half, no bug, so I started adding the ones back in by half. And I finally narrowed it down to the dramafix hack.

It is also causing weird jerky lag and a want slot reroll.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: dramafix hack causing room service bug
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 03, 16:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the dramafix installed and my room service is fine.  Undecided

gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 03, 17:02:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm less whiny seems to do it too. I checked both dramafix and less whiny twice. In, start the game, out start the game.

I don't know what to say. The only thing I have in my game right now are some jmp hacks. I installed fresh windows, and fresh sims (no patches however) on Sunday.

If I put them in, I get the room service bug. If I take them out, no bug. There may be more that do it, since I haven't finished isolating all the jmp hacks I use.

Gethane Sims
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 03, 17:08:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reading this and the other thread, I'm starting to think that the bug is either random or triggered by a particular event, and not related to a hack at all.  When a certain hack is taken out and the bug appears to be fixed, and then put back in and it isn't fixed, I'm wondering if it was just coincidence.  I'm wondering if the person at MTS2 who made the supposed fix thought they'd fixed it because things worked a bunch of times in a row, but their tests were just coincidence ... hence the statement in the other thread that it only seems to work 50% of the time.

I think I think too much, sometimes.  But I thought the thought might be worth sharing.

Grin

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 03, 17:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have dramafix installed and room service on all BV lots is fine 100% of the time.  No room service fix installed and was not aware (did not experience) a problem that suggested I needed one.  I would submit (respectfully of course) that the problem is attributable to the work of the nonawesome.

Tribulatio proxima est
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 03, 17:42:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have nonawesome in. As I said, I just reinstalled windows and reinstalled sims. Attached is what I have in my folder, and that's it. That's the only changes I've made since a fresh copy. No other downloads, PERIOD. I haven't installed a camera hack or a userstartup.cheat or anything. If dramafix or lesswhiny is in the folder, I get A room service bug. I'll put links to 2 videos showing it. I tried turning on testingcheatsenabled but it is not generating an error.log.

* gethane_downloads_folder.rar (34.33 KB - downloaded 135 times.)

Gethane Sims
Simmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 03, 17:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bon Voyage didn't even like a shirt my sim was wearing... get that?  took me days to find that one.. Sometimes it's not always mods that mess it up.. Room service needs a table and chair that is unblocked or they act up..
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 03, 17:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done the best I can at isolating this in MY game. I am using the same guy, in the same hotel, and I'm telling him to do the exact same things everytime I reload the sims, go to his room, call room service, order cup of ramen, clean up plate from his table, then sit in chair. Watch the bellhop hand that you can see with the walls down.

Without drama fix or less whiny, it looks like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2TLzrP9gwc

If I put either of those in, and at this point I've done it over and over, at least 4 times in and out for each, it looks like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE3lp4XjE-g

JMP can either look into this, or not. He'll either find something or not. But it IS recreatable and happening every single time under the circumstances I listed, IN MY GAME.

Gethane Sims
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 03, 18:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What eps/sps do you have? I am wondering if it is a specific combination of certain ep or/and sps problem. That's all I can think of.

gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 03, 18:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

good point.

all exp packs, no stuff packs

Gethane Sims
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 03, 19:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I have all eps and sps apart from the Happy Holiday crap pack. I also have the 2 fixes installed. Room service works for me but not you. Hmm. Have you patched when needed? Have you been playing in debug mode, if so, does it throw an error when the covered plate disappears? Have you tried in other vacation hotel lots and hoods?

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 03, 20:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had occasional room service mess-ups.  I never observed the covered tray disappearing like in your video, but a couple of times I ordered stuff and it never came. 

Sometimes I would order two singles back to back, and if the first Sim was still eating or if the plate was still on the table when the guy brought the second single dish, he'd set it "on top" of the existing dish and it would effectively disappear.  I stopped ordering that way.  I don't have either hack you mentioned -- just figured both types of occurrences were random.

As a side note, I also noticed that when I order a group meal using the cell phone, I only get a single serving.  I started using the room phone for all room service orders.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 03, 21:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not have the patches installed. I shall try that next. I DID have them installed prior to my weekend upgrade/fresh install.

I really need to repeat this. This is not random. I can put the drama fix in, and it happens, I take the drama fix out, and it doesn't. Every single time. In my instance, this is not random.

Gethane Sims
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 04, 00:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really need to repeat this. This is not random. I can put the drama fix in, and it happens, I take the drama fix out, and it doesn't. Every single time. In my instance, this is not random.

Yes, yes.  We believe you (I certainly do).  I've had a similar issue where installing an anti-regen mod affected the phone options, and those are totally unrelated (apparently it was due to an old version of something else that was totally unrelated).  This is the sort of logic we're dealing with here, it seems.  What I (and some others) do not yet understand, is why you have this problem and, using myself as an example completely at random, I have no problems with room service at all.

Would be interested to know whether the patches help and you might double check to ensure you are not "oldversioned" somewhere in the awesome hacks (you probably thought of that one already though).

Tribulatio proxima est
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 04, 00:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I installed the patches and dramafix still does that disappearing roomservice tray thing.

I've gone through my hacks several times since BV came out, updating from the bv directory 2ce a week after using the Last Modified column to sort. I'm sure all my hacks are updated.

Gethane Sims
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 04, 04:46:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Room Service works fine in my game, and naturally, I has everything. Once again, I place the blame squarely on tight pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: