More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 04, 15:23:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bubbly child?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bubbly child?  (Read 6629 times)
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Bubbly child?
« on: 2007 September 19, 18:35:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When playing a hotel lot on Twikkii Island I noticed one of the children had a stream of bubbles following her everywhere she went. These persisted even after she got into the pool. Any ideas what has caused this?

Also whilst I'm here I saw a sim holding his nose and ducking underwater for the first time today. I've never had one of my playable sims do this, is there anyway to get them to do this?

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Bubbly child?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 19, 18:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too much spicy thai food?

Tribulatio proxima est
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 19, 18:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those bubbles are probably what prompted that sim to hold his nose, too.  Poor girl don't you have any Deflatine or charcoal tablets?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 19, 19:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bubble butt trail is one of those odd EAxis glitches that pop up now and then (or maybe I should say "pop out").  If she is your kid, make her jump in the pool or take a shower and the bubbles may go away.    Or have her blow bubbles and maybe they'll come out of the right place.   Wink

The holding-nose-while-diving action was added with Seasons, I believe.   Mine do it on occasion when playing Marco Polo, or maybe when they dive.  Not sure of what triggers it, but you can't direct a Sim to do it.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 19, 19:52:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He was playing Marco Polo at the time so maybe that's why he did it. Shame you can't direct sims to do it though.

The girl was a tourist on the hotel lot. When she jumped in the pool the bubbles didn't go away they just fizzed up around her (making it look like she definitely needed some charcoal tablets). If it's just one of those random glitch things I won't worry about it, no doubt next time the girl turns up on a hotel lot the bubbles will be gone. I was just worried it might be one of those things that spreads throughtout the neighbourhood, I didn't fancy having all my playable sims walking round with bubbles coming out of their butts.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 19, 19:55:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Typically, the bubbles are a stuck effect from cleaning (with a super-neat sim). Usually, taking them off lot fixes it.

Sometimes, I get the swim effect stuck as well, though not nearly as often. The sim animates fine, it's the water rings that keep going. Same fix.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 19, 19:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definitely a random glitch -- probably a cousin to the 'ever-streaming bird food' glitch from Pets, where a sim would walk around with bird food pouring out of their hand for hours after they fed the bird.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 19, 20:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had two random glitches (I hope random anyway) since BV was installed.
1) On one occasion in one of my uni dorms, two sims awake past 2am were playing pool and were transparent (like ghosts).  Auto lights stayed off as if nobody was in the room, but they were there playing pool.  They became solid again when the sun came up and the glitch never returned.

2) With the nouniprotect hack, one dormie passed out on the sidewalk and got stuck asleep for two days.  In the end I had to make her selectable and wake her up, reset her motives and then make her unselectable again.  This seems to have fixed the problem.

Random glitches appear to still be a normal part of the game.  The bubbles one is funny though.

Tribulatio proxima est
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 19, 21:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first one has been around forever -- you'll find old threads here about the 'ghostly dormies' going back at least 6 months if not longer.  The second one is normal nouniprotect behavior -- when the dormie finally wakes up, they die. Smiley  You could also wake them up by just putting a cheap boom box outside and turning it on.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 19, 23:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The second one is normal nouniprotect behavior -- when the dormie finally wakes up, they die. Smiley  You could also wake them up by just putting a cheap boom box outside and turning it on.

I figured that.  Didn't want her to die - she's too much fun to torture, so I rescued her.

Tribulatio proxima est
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 20, 01:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I've lost a few dormies I didn't want to lose due to them falling asleep outside the dorm where I don't pay attention to them. So most of my dorms have a boom box on the front porch that's on all the time to keep them from sleeping outside.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
LizzyJ
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 20, 08:22:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the ghosty dormie problem, but it solved itself when she got struck by lightning. Now she's a very very pale ghost. Cheesy

My imaginary god is better than your imaginary god.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 20, 12:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Typically, the bubbles are a stuck effect from cleaning (with a super-neat sim). Usually, taking them off lot fixes it.

I did think it might be a stuck cleaning thing but when I made her selectable and checked she only had 4 neat points and no cleaning skill. Very random. It seems to have gone now anyway, when I reloaded today she was bubble free.

Never had the constant pouring bird food, although I have had a sim get stuck with a sponge in her hand after cleaning the bath and it just wouldn't go away no matter what I did. Eventually it went after I installed a new expansion pack and the sims all reset themselves (this was back in the days when I didn't know about forcing an error to reset the sims). I've also had sims get stuck with their hand raised as if moving a chess piece. This actually happens quite often but now I know to just reset the sim, previously it used to really annoy me.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 20, 13:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just let them get on with it, work it into my game as a special Sim illness.   And what about the one where they can't stop sitting, and scoot around the house looking like they're in an invisible wheelchair?  Bladder desperation usually corrects that one eventually Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 20, 13:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just let them get on with it, work it into my game as a special Sim illness.   And what about the one where they can't stop sitting, and scoot around the house looking like they're in an invisible wheelchair?  Bladder desperation usually corrects that one eventually Smiley

I reckon these are akin to the 'chess arm' glitch in which the sim runs around the house with one arm perpetually in the chess playing posture.  Generally getting them to practice chess again and cancelling the action solves that.  In that context, I'm not surprised that sitting on the terlet corrects the sim posture.  For story purposes, I suppose you could always write in a sub-plot about how the sim hurt their back in particularly vigorous woohoo or something.

Tribulatio proxima est
broo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 21, 08:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why I never allow my sims have bubble baths Grin Deleting sim with moveobjects on should work. If not, try Inge's method (I mean cope) Wink
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 21, 11:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And what about the one where they can't stop sitting, and scoot around the house looking like they're in an invisible wheelchair? 

For story purposes, I suppose you could always write in a sub-plot about how the sim hurt their back in particularly vigorous woohoo or something.

I haven't seen this one yet, but if I ever do that's so going to be their excuse.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 21, 17:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kind of like Carrie from that episode of Sex in the City, when she was a bridesmaid at Charlotte's second wedding and was walking around like an old crone. Jack-rabbit sex!

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: