More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 04:14:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  No Lame Hires
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Lame Hires  (Read 85194 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: No Lame Hires
« Reply #50 on: 2006 March 18, 08:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well against your better advice Pescado I tinkered around with this and actually got to to work so I only get townies now. Trouble is, I bypassed the check for age and so I am sometimes getting kids popping up on the list.  Shocked As much as the thought of a child labor sweat shop amuses me, I could see a lot of issues caused by hiring one. I wonder if there's any job they could do. Restocking? Waiter? I may just have to try and see what happens for the sheer perverse amusment of it.  Grin

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 March 18, 13:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Opps. In my eagerness to download and use this, I must have missed out reading that essential part.
Thanks for solving my mystery ...
Yes, townies are always eligible because townies don't earn or even like their jobs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 March 18, 20:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin Motoki, do tell. My experience is kids can't do anything to help business at home. Let's see if they can do more in the community.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2006 March 19, 22:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happens if an employee is laid-off, will they reappear on the list?  I have a few I don't need anymore, but I don't want to fire them because they've done nothing wrong.  On the other hand, I don't want to lay them off because to me that means they are only temporarily not working and will still retain their jobs.  There's no option to simply tell them "Sorry, we don't need you anymore", because that isn't the same as giving them the sack.  Where is the "Make Redundant" option???

I am also very keen on a YA element, because I'm using Squidge's mod.  I didn't realise there was a conflict, but it might explain why no YA's have appeared on my lists since I installed it.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 March 19, 23:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I can tell, in this game laying a sim off is just a polite way to fire them. At least that's how it seems to work for me.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 March 19, 23:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also very keen on a YA element, because I'm using Squidge's mod.  I didn't realise there was a conflict, but it might explain why no YA's have appeared on my lists since I installed it.
I think that's in the currently uploaded version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 June 04, 09:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question, I use the MoreEmployeesForHire mod by squinge, along with this mod. I've had no problems with them together, but I wouldn't know of a problem unless it crashed my game.
Now I have a lot of townies and playable sims for hire in the bin, I'm guessing they're all unemployed or with jobs under L6. But I have some playable sims showing up in the hire bin who own businesses. Is this because the game sees them as unemployed? Or does Squinge's mod make this one misbehave?
Maybe the awesome one would consider increasing the size of the hire bin, linked with the no lame hires mod. So I could use less mods. Or maybe I'll shut up and pucker my lips.  Lips sealed
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 June 04, 10:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question, I use the MoreEmployeesForHire mod by squinge, along with this mod. I've had no problems with them together, but I wouldn't know of a problem unless it crashed my game.
That's probably a BCON mod and is unrelated to the selection BHAV, so they are likely compatible. I don't have it myself, though, so can't confirm one way or another.

Now I have a lot of townies and playable sims for hire in the bin, I'm guessing they're all unemployed or with jobs under L6. But I have some playable sims showing up in the hire bin who own businesses. Is this because the game sees them as unemployed? Or does Squinge's mod make this one misbehave?
Merely owning a business does not cause the game to consider you "employed", since owning a business does not preclude one from also holding a regular job, running a business is zero-time (due to nonunified time on community lots) and thus such sims remain potentially valid for hiring, or for getting a "regular" job.

blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 June 04, 21:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I'm glad everything is working as it should, thanks. Cheesy
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 June 16, 14:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update for OFBp2.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008 February 16, 17:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, certain jobs are specifically best filled by unskilled labor. The Bartender and the DJ (non-player DJs cannot fail under default rules) position are all jobs that do not have any skill requirements, and are thus best filled with cheap unskilled labor.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 February 17, 07:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an undiscovered shiny I tweaked from the Squinge original which displays the entire hiring pool at once, but Fat Gwilly People haven't asked.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 February 17, 09:06:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh that would be RLY awesome. Would you mind obliging yet again Gwill?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
SpaceDoll
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 March 02, 18:56:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rely on that Squinge mod, myself, and would much prefer an awesome version!  Gwill, where are you?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: