More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 11:10:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Animation name is empty string : child and juice (BV)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Animation name is empty string : child and juice (BV)  (Read 3605 times)
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Animation name is empty string : child and juice (BV)
« on: 2007 September 18, 09:50:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an error with a sim child attempting to dring tomato juice to warm up. Previous to BV I had sim children drank juices without problem.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 18, 11:22:29 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Animation name is empty string : child and juice (BV)
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 18, 11:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see no difference between the BV and pre-BV codes here. Does this happen with all juices, and or just that one? Are you certain this did not happen pre-BV?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 18, 12:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not test it for the moment (just reported the problem I had in game). I don't remember serving tomato juice to children pre-BV, but I do remember them drinking apple juice and strawberries juice without any problem.
Just before the child who errors, 2 elders were able to drink from the tomato juice serving without problem.
I will try other juices with children and report back. Thanks for looking into the problem.

ETA : using the same kid, I had the same error with him trying to drink vegetable cocktail and strawberries juice. The adult in the house could drink the juices without problem. The error pops when the child turn after taking the glass from the tray, just before he actually begins to drink.
I will test this some more, with other children in other households.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 18, 14:12:57 by pioupiou » Logged
Blueblood
Blathering Buffoon

My very own a The Cheat gnome! o.O

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 18, 22:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same thing happen to a child I directed to drink eggplant juice. The cup disappeared from her hand before she was able to drink it, and the remaining drinks on the tray appeared to look empty afterward.

Also, I had an adult female attempt to drink the juice and she was able to, but she got the memory of maxing out Charisma even though she only had five or six points. o.O I never had a problem with juice before BV.

I removed a mod that prevents juice trays from spoiling, but I haven't tested to see if it fixes the problem yet.

ETA: I tested the juice without the mod and there was no change.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 19, 00:19:22 by Blueblood » Logged
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 19, 03:54:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i got a similar problem but with hot chocolate, teen an later no have problem. the childs can drink stand up but went try sit down ii have a jump bug. i got the error log and say "Error: Animation name is empty string." Need i reinstal Huh?   Huh

no is hack problem, i put aside all

put the error log:

« Last Edit: 2007 September 19, 04:30:29 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Sorry my english, i speak spanish
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 19, 04:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have definitely not seen the hot chocolate version before, since I'm pretty sure I've had kids macrocaffeinate with the hot chocolate machine. I will see if I can reproduce the issue, but I'm suspecting that something non-Awesome is at work here.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 19, 07:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I had an adult female attempt to drink the juice and she was able to, but she got the memory of maxing out Charisma even though she only had five or six points. o.O I never had a problem with juice before BV.
Yes, I have already mentionned that annoying new BV bug in another thread, I don't know how Maxis manage to broke the juice, but they did...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 19, 13:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is some evidence of broken juice there, too. I have made a fix for the child chocolate/juice error. Go get it.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: