More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:01:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  NPC Creator - Make Vacation Sim (Local) fix
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: NPC Creator - Make Vacation Sim (Local) fix  (Read 63652 times)
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
NPC Creator - Make Vacation Sim (Local) fix
« on: 2007 September 17, 01:53:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This will give vacation locals their correct tokens when using the "Make Into Vacation Sim>(type)>Sim Name" menu on the NPC creator object, making them behave normally in their respective destinations. Works for new Sims too but you have to use the Make Vacation Sim option before you click on keep.

And for those who don't know, the NPC creator can be spawned using the boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true cheat.

ETA: CAS Sims into Vacation Locals
-Merge with existing family on lot with NPC creator
-remove Mystery Sim memories with FFS debugger
-make into townie using Inge's teleporter
-Make Into Vacation Sim>(type)>Sim Name on NPC creator

* argon_make-vlocal.zip (0.58 KB - downloaded 4012 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 September 18, 01:10:17 by Argon » Logged

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: NPC Creator - Make Vacation Sim (Local) fix
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 17, 04:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering with this... generating the local for, say, the asia neighbourhood, and then giving them a new clothing, then sending them to the asia destination, will make that one local have the tai chi memory, and the bow memory? Basically all relevant memories regarding that area (so they can actually bow to your sims)?
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 17, 04:50:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering with this... generating the local for, say, the asia neighbourhood, and then giving them a new clothing, then sending them to the asia destination, will make that one local have the tai chi memory, and the bow memory? Basically all relevant memories regarding that area (so they can actually bow to your sims)?

Simplified: You can make a Sim in CAS and use the NPC creator to change them to a local for whatever vacation neighborhood you want and they will have the needed actions and memories. I stole part of the code from the bhav that generates these sims normally.

I did not modify the create new vacation sim action though because this was easier, so if you use that option you will have to "make" them a local again for it to work.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 17, 05:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So effectively, you can make the vacation sim in CAS (which is expected), but if you 'make' them using the gun, then you need to re-make them a local of that lot, THEN 'keep' that sim?
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 17, 05:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes

IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 17, 05:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent! Time to populate my vacation destinations with NPCs made with my new facial templates
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 17, 07:05:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh totally brill Argon! I am going to try BV in my actual hood soon, what with replacement default face templates and the ability to create Vacation locals, I'm all set.

About how many locals does each area need? Is there a base requirement?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 17, 07:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About how many locals does each area need? Is there a base requirement?

I don't know if there's a base requirement, but it seems that there's always 12 locals, 8 adults and 4 teens (pretty sure about these numbers after spending hours of hunting them all down to change their faces and hair to a more "native" look).

Thanks, Argon, I'm so looking forward to trying this out Smiley

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 17, 13:58:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are THE Awesomeness - and my life-saver. Thank you SO much! I think it's time to start a new (empty) neighborhood where I can make all the vacation sims myself ... Grin
Corylea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 17, 21:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

VERY cool!  The blonde Asians and Polynesians were really getting to me.  Thanks for this.

Middle-aged professional woman still plays computer games.    Film at 11.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 18, 00:50:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

VERY cool!  The blonde Asians and Polynesians were really getting to me.  Thanks for this.

The BV version of the Insiminator is out, and you can use that to change the hair color on the locals if you don't want to kill them all off...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
louisacoletta
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 18, 06:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry if this is really moronic of me, but I downloaded this and I can't seem to find it in the buy catalog at all. Sad
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 18, 08:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The BV version of the Insiminator is out, and you can use that to change the hair color on the locals if you don't want to kill them all off...

I use the DMA outfit and appearance changer (part of the DMA woohoo NPC set), which has the advantage that you can change the facial structure, too (I dont' know if the Insiminator does the same?). BV version's not out yet, but the Seasons version works fine.

ETA: CAS Sims into Vacation Locals
-Merge with existing family on lot with NPC creator
-remove Mystery Sim memories with FFS debugger
-make into townie using Inge's teleporter
-Make Into Vacation Sim>(type)>Sim Name on NPC creator

I'm a bit confused - does this mean that in order to make a sim a vacation townie (aka local), I have to make him/her a townie first and then "convert" him/her?

A propos getting rid of townies - I've been thinking of a way to "replace" townies without killing / deleting them:

- You have, say, 20 townies, and you want to replace, say, 6 of them
- You let said 6 townies move in via Inge's shrub, making them ex-townies
- You make 6 CAS sims and convert them into townies
- Now you have 20 townies again (and no more, thanks to notownieregen)
- You stuff the lot with the 6 replaced ex-townies into the sim bin where they can be ignored for all eternity

Am I missing something or could this actually work?

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 18, 12:58:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry if this is really moronic of me, but I downloaded this and I can't seem to find it in the buy catalog at all. Sad

You won't -- it's a hack/fix, not an object.  It changes how the game works.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 18, 13:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the DMA outfit and appearance changer (part of the DMA woohoo NPC set), which has the advantage that you can change the facial structure, too (I dont' know if the Insiminator does the same?). BV version's not out yet, but the Seasons version works fine.

Be careful with that -- I had to take the DMA stuff out of my game because some part of it (the alarm-type thing with the caller id, if memory serves) seriously borked the vacation lot dialog boxes.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 18, 13:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be careful with that -- I had to take the DMA stuff out of my game because some part of it (the alarm-type thing with the caller id, if memory serves) seriously borked the vacation lot dialog boxes.

Ah... that explains why I suddenly get weird "what's cool here" answers from the tour guides Tongue. I just put it in my game to change the locals' faces, anyway, so no problem with kicking it out again now. Thanks for the hint, Jsalemi Smiley

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 18, 14:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Insiminator lets you do  face surgery on anyone on the lot also, so that's my preferred tool for fixing fugly townies/dormies/downtownies/etc.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 18, 14:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be honest, I've never minded townie fugliness before BV. But seing blonde / brunette / red-haired Asians with African facial structures hurts my eyes for some reason. Using the DMA thingy really was an act of desperation. Still, I should really have a closer look at the Insiminator, it seems. 

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 18, 17:27:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a bit confused - does this mean that in order to make a sim a vacation townie (aka local), I have to make him/her a townie first and then "convert" him/her?

Yes, at least until someone fixes the NPC creator to list non-townie Sims in the pie menu.

louisacoletta
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 September 18, 19:38:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried the whole thing and it works beautifully. I custom made the locals in CAS, moved them into a lot and turned them into townies with the teleporter "Pet Statue". Then I went into debug mode and did "make into vacation sim" and turned all the desired townies into locals for each destination.

The only thing I want to enquire now, is whether I can custom make NPCs in CAS? Is there any possible way? I know I can generate NPCs with the NPC/Townie Maker, but I'd love to have NPCs use custom skintones and genetics.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 September 19, 07:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, at least until someone fixes the NPC creator to list non-townie Sims in the pie menu.
I see. Thanks for clarifying Smiley

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2007 September 20, 18:08:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are those the only hacks you have installed at the moment? It's possible an older hack by someone else is affecting the object.

never
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 September 20, 19:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem and had to delete SimWardrobe's "Shooters" and then the repo gun showed up.
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 September 20, 21:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those are the first names of the Maxis Far-Eastern Vacation townies.  I don't know why they would show up in that location.  Anyone more awsome than myself have a clue about this?
louisacoletta
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 September 21, 08:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To Argon:

Thanks once again for this. I downloaded it and it works fine. You are truly the awesome-ness.

I have a question now: sloppyhousewife mentioned that based on her research, she has found the game spawns about 12 locals. I have made those 12 locals. But does anyone know how many tourists are required?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: