More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 12:45:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is there anything to remove the blur in BV yet?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there anything to remove the blur in BV yet?  (Read 7323 times)
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Is there anything to remove the blur in BV yet?
« on: 2007 September 16, 22:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had forgotten how distracting that blur is.

It's a shame that stupidity isn't painful.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Is there anything to remove the blur in BV yet?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 16, 22:30:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean the censor blur? I think Dizzy might have a hack in the peasantry. Hold on while I find the thread.

[edit] here.

pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 16, 22:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Many thanks, Emma.   Smiley

I couldn't remember where to get it and could only find something called See Them 2 and that sounded like way more program than I wanted to put in my game.

Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 16, 23:00:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The old one still works for me. Maybe it depends on one's combination of EPs/Sps.  Huh
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 16, 23:06:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, Quaxi's pets version still works fine for me, too.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Deagh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 17, 00:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Pets/Seasons one from the SimPE site is still working fine for me.

http://simpeforum.ambertation.de/sims2/How-to-remove-the-Censor-Blur-from-my-Sims

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 17, 00:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have SeeThem 2 in BV right now. Actually, I never thought to remove it. Interestingly enough, its added itself to my cheat file, I do not have to have the program up to have the blur removed. So the little program isn't running, but the blur is still gone.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
seapup
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 17, 02:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SeeThem 2 adds quaxi's blur remover to your downloads folder. The other three functions are just lines added or removed from the userstartup.cheat file.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 17, 02:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, thats interesting, because as far as I know, I did not have any of my custom in except for body shop items. All such hack like things were in a separate folder, that was removed, along with the all objects and any folder that did not contain my clothes, hair, makeup or accessories. I'm very anal retentive about the separation of my packages by type .... now I will spend an hour searching through my body shop items ensuring that the blur remover file is not in the wrong section.

Edit: My windows search function is telling me I have no file what-so-ever with the name "quaxi" in it. Yet, I still do not have a blur.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 17, 02:39:43 by morriganrane » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
seapup
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 17, 02:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The name of it is "censor.package" and if it was installed by SeeThem 2 it would be in your root downloads folder.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 17, 02:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found it, but it was not in my folder when I ran BV, and noticed that they were bathing naked. I removed all but the folder marked 'body'. This folder is hair, eyes, skin, clothes and accessories. The censor.package was indeed in the root downloads folder but this folder was completely empty (other then body) the first couple of times I ran BV. I have only today replaced all these files into my downloads. I ran BV around 2-times with nothing in it but body shop items and 3-times with maty BV fixes included.
Some kind of strange glitch maybe? I am quite certain that it was not in when I played those 5 times.

Shonie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 17, 02:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://simsky.parsimonious.org/ensimsky.php

Actually just finished reinstalling on this puter when I read this thread.

"In case of a new Sims 2 Expansion Pack installation, simply launch the program again - See Them 2 detects the installed EPs with each start and changes the settings according to which EPs are found.

Quaxi's censor remover used in ST2 modifies game layer responsible for advanced graphic effects. It is compatible with all current game versions. In case of minor incompatibility with future EPs (e.g. new graphic effects missing if there are any added) you can simply turn off the censor removal feature in See Them 2."

From Dave Luv's site. 

Actually come to think of it, I guess it was still on this computer and I just reinstalled over it  Tongue  Because the blur was still off for me as well the one or two times I"ve been in BV so far.
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 17, 03:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd taken Quaxi's out as I wasn't sure it was compatible with BV and couldn't remember where it came from.  (old age)

I just played with dizzy's that I got earlier and it works great.

seapup
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 17, 03:24:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quaxi's has been reported ok for BV on several forums, and seems to work fine in my game.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 17, 03:37:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I've been using Quaxi's hack, and it's working fine. I didn't even think to leave it out, actually, when I added my hacks back in.  Roll Eyes

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: