More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 03:11:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Dance skill shot up to 35?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dance skill shot up to 35?  (Read 3527 times)
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Dance skill shot up to 35?
« on: 2007 September 15, 22:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is dance skill suppose to go that high? Because this code has a problem with that:

Code:
# Group = 0x7F5CA8E3, Instance = 0x1003
# Title = Find - Index From Move
#
# Format = 0x8009, Params = 1, Locals = 3
# Tree type = 0x0, Header flag = 0x0, Tree version = 0xFFFF8012 (-32750), Cache flags = 0

0: Param 0 <= 8; true: 1, false: 6
     1: Temp 0 := Param 0; true: true, false: error
     2: Temp 0 += 1; true: true, false: error
     3: Temp 0 += 2; true: true, false: error
     4: Temp 0 *= 3; true: 8, false: error
     5: Temp 0 += 1; true: 9, false: error
     6: Local 2 := random from 0 to < 12345 (0x3039); true: 7, false: error
     7: Local 2 mod= 100 (0x64); true: E, false: error
     8: Const 0x1003(Tuning - Proficiency Probability):[Temp 0] < Local 2; true: D, false: A
     9: Const 0x1003(Tuning - Proficiency Probability):[Temp 0] < Local 2; true: C, false: B
     A: Temp 0 := Param 0; true: true, false: error
     B: Temp 0 := Param 0; true: 2, false: error
     C: Temp 0 := Param 0; true: 3, false: error
     D: Local 2 -= Const 0x1003(Tuning - Proficiency Probability):[Temp 0]; true: 5, false: error
     E: Manage Inventory: Access the Neighbor Counted Inventory from ID my person data neighbor id (0x1F). with category 0 GUID 0x0DA265F4 (0x7F8F26D3: DanceSkillToken). Find the token. Put count into Temp 0.; true: 4, false: A

See attached error log.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 16, 06:55:34 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Dance skill shot up to 35?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 16, 01:50:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it only went up to something like 8 -- though maybe all the new dances in BV have an additive effect.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 16, 06:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone sent in a log of it going up to 1000. It's only SUPPOSED to go up to 10, though, so we have yet to determine why corrupted dance tokens are appearing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 16, 16:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played a very long time with just the base game and have noticed that the Sims who were dancing (before adding EPs) have numbers higher than 10.
I didn't let many of my Sims waste good skilling time on dancing when there was no point, but one who did had a skill of 46 when I checked her after installing EPs, a couple of her flings had numbers in the 20s.

It hasn't caused any problems, or at least any that I'm aware of, but I've only seen numbers higher than 10 on pre-EP sims.
I'm still only playing with Uni and NL, so I'm aware this may be completely irrelevant.

*shrugs

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 17, 18:56:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played a very long time with just the base game and have noticed that the Sims who were dancing (before adding EPs) have numbers higher than 10.
I didn't let many of my Sims waste good skilling time on dancing when there was no point, but one who did had a skill of 46 when I checked her after installing EPs, a couple of her flings had numbers in the 20s.

It hasn't caused any problems, or at least any that I'm aware of, but I've only seen numbers higher than 10 on pre-EP sims.
I'm still only playing with Uni and NL, so I'm aware this may be completely irrelevant.

*shrugs

I have a Sim i got used to, since TheSims2 arrived in Stores. He is Max skilled in everything exept Mechanic (because he died while repairing a broken Trashcompacter.He had never someting to repair. Wink  )
His Dance Skill is 241, Dance Experience is 655. I wait for my Hood to explode because of his Age. But i had only somethimes to clean his memories. He is fine same goes for the Hood.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 18, 11:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, it seems to be a pre-EP bounds-check problem. If your sim exhibits this problem, try shift-clicking on a stereo to Set Dance Skil High. That probably will clear it up, as the problem likely appears in too many different bits of code to be worth trying to patch over with a hack.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: