More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 09:45:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Tired of these bug error, what's this please
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Tired of these bug error, what's this please  (Read 7260 times)
ililas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Tired of these bug error, what's this please
« on: 2007 October 01, 15:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please help me...

Its nightmare for me.  When I go on vacation, I simply cannot buy massage or learn the Polka, but the worse nightmare I have and I'm really tired about this, is that fu*** error message....

I really don't know what is causing this and I really would like to fix this. 

I really would like to know what cause these error message and how I can make them disapear.

My configuration is

I have Simpe but never really use it anymore.  I never make anything in Simpe over my neighborhood or something.

I also have all of these hack in my game...  maybe it could help..

I really want these bug disapear... and oh, yes, I ALWAYS play in debbugmode.   Grin
ililas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Tired of these bug error, what's this please
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 01, 15:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please help me...

Its nightmare for me.  When I go on vacation, I simply cannot buy massage or learn the Polka, but the worse nightmare I have and I'm really tired about this, is that fu*** error message....

I really don't know what is causing this and I really would like to fix this. 

I really would like to know what cause these error message and how I can make them disapear.

My configuration is

I have Simpe but never really use it anymore.  I never make anything in Simpe over my neighborhood or something.

I also have all of these hack in my game...  maybe it could help..

I really want these bug disapear... and oh, yes, I ALWAYS play in debbugmode.   Grin  Many thanks for your help please
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 01, 15:34:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably that dance skill bug. Shift click on the stereo and set them to high dance skill.

mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 01, 17:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You also may want to pick an Insim.  You should only have one version installed, not all three.  Having more than one version installed makes things go wonky for no apparent reason.
seapup
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 01, 17:22:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same problem with perfect gardens/perfect plants. One or the other, not both.
ililas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 01, 17:26:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You also may want to pick an Insim.  You should only have one version installed, not all three.  Having more than one version installed makes things go wonky for no apparent reason.

I though the three was necessary, thanks to told me about it.

Same explanation... I though the two was different.  I will make one out of my game right away.

Thank you very much for your help  Grin

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 01, 17:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

RTFM!

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 01, 17:31:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I though the three was necessary, thanks to told me about it.

Same explanation... I though the two was different.  I will make one out of my game right away.

Thank you very much for your help  Grin

Most Hack/fix/cc things come with a readme or instructions.  One should ALWAYS RTFM before install.  I recommend that you never put something in your game without being quite clear about what it does, what it plays nicely with, and where you should place it.

edit: RTFM means Read The Fucking Manual
edit2: Excuse my attack of niceness.  I think I'm better now.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 01, 18:21:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, it's polite to always do a binary search before posting about a bug to make sure it isn't a hack doing it...and pinpoint the hack.

1. Take out all hacks- does the bug occur? Yes? Programming glitch.
2. Take half of hacks out. Play, see if it occurs. Keep putting half in until you find the group that causes the error, then take each one out until it doesn't happen. This can be confusing. I recommend screenshotting your hacks subfolder (as you did) and crossing stuff off as it's eliminated.
3. Go to the creator's site and the thread for the hack. Make sure you have the latest version. If not, update. If so, post about it.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 01, 18:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

RTFM!

I think I detect a certain 'English not the first language'-ness about the OP.  Perhaps there was some difficulty in understanding the various instructions in the RTFM files - I know I had to read the Insim instructions 2-3 times before I understood what was going on (maybe it was a slow brain day) and I've spoken English since I was 4.  I'm not surprised that a non-native English speaker might think to install all 3 versions of Insim (apart perhaps from the line that says "do not install more than one version").

Still, I read reasonable German and French, but might have missed that if the RTFM file was in one of those languages.

Tribulatio proxima est
ililas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 01, 19:12:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right, I have some little dificulties with my english, I apolozige  Embarrassed 

Sometimes, I have to read more then four time to be sure to really understand clearly.  But all hack is in english and all the help I can find is in english.  I really do not want to attack somebody but the official french website for Sims 2 are so bad.  Each time you ask for help, the answer doesn't come or erase or simply ignore by tell us not to go on Pirate site  Roll Eyes 

BUT, the help and the bug fix come allways from pirate site at first OR a place like here.  That's why I came here and not in a french one  Undecided 

What i will do, is play with an other sims and put one per one all the hack I have in my game to test them.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 01, 19:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right, I have some little dificulties with my english, I apolozige  Embarrassed 

'pas de problem.  L'avis de Zazazu est tres bon, si vous le comprennez.  Le problem est probablement un conflit entre des differents hacks.  Apres avoir eliminer des duplicats hacks (comme Insim: utilisez seulement une version - moi je utilise le SIM version), faire un test.

Si le problem continue, assurez vous que les hacks sont les versions plus courant - pour BV il y'a beaucoup de changements dans le period present. 

Si le problem continue, eliminez les hacks et les remplacez comme groupes (5 hacks par fois, par example) et faisez un test encore.  (Probablement un processus un peu plus vite que un test pour chaque hack).

SVP excusez mon mauvais francais et le manque des accents.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 01, 20:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, that would have taken me a good month to rewrite in French, and I most likely would have called someone a fuzzy pumpkin in the process.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 01, 21:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, that would have taken me a good month to rewrite in French, and I most likely would have called someone a fuzzy pumpkin in the process.

Interesting.  I actually can not say "fuzzy pumpkin" in French.

*jolrei tries to find Fr/Eng Dictionary*

Tribulatio proxima est
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 01, 22:58:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Potiron flou.

Try Paladin's tools also (simwardrobe).

Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection (S2HCD). Red-highlights after scanning a folder = hack objects; pink-highlights = duplicate GUID / object (remove one).

Might help with hacks / objects that don't conform to game code, might not; I haven't downloaded stuff I don't have EPs/SPs for yet.

Paladin's SimCategorizer USED TO, during Sims 1, tell you what EP a particular object (or the original object it was cloned from) originated.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 01, 23:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love your new custom title, Zazazu.   Cheesy

ililas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 October 01, 23:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'pas de problem.  L'avis de Zazazu est tres bon, si vous le comprennez.  Le problem est probablement un conflit entre des differents hacks.  Apres avoir eliminer des duplicats hacks (comme Insim: utilisez seulement une version - moi je utilise le SIM version), faire un test.

Si le problem continue, assurez vous que les hacks sont les versions plus courant - pour BV il y'a beaucoup de changements dans le period present. 

Si le problem continue, eliminez les hacks et les remplacez comme groupes (5 hacks par fois, par example) et faisez un test encore.  (Probablement un processus un peu plus vite que un test pour chaque hack).

SVP excusez mon mauvais francais et le manque des accents.

Your soo sweet dear  Cheesy Cheesy  thank you so much for your so beautiful french.

Actually, I found the hack who gave me a wonderful migraine  Angry 

Its a hack who gave us the chance to put up to 30 Sims in the same lot. 

I took it off.

And I would like to tell that I always read the rtmf when available in a hack... that's why I was so confuse about my problem  Embarrassed

Well, many thanks again.

I always make a research before post but sometime, its not easy for me to understand everything in english.  There is some words or expression in english that I don't use or understand in french so I don't always find a solution for my problem when I'm searching for.  Apologize again for this post  Grin  and so much thanks.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 October 01, 23:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love your new custom title, Zazazu.   Cheesy
Hey! Pretty! I was going for Stupid F, but this one works.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 October 02, 14:55:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're soo sweet dear  Cheesy Cheesy  thank you so much for your so beautiful french.

Vous etes trop gentil.  It was not really beautiful, I know.

Apologize again for this post  Grin  and so much thanks.

At MATY, you do not need to apologise autonomously (noautoapologise?).  People generally tell you when they think you need to apologise.

Zazazu:  I'm glad you got the Fuzzy Pumpkin handle - I thought it was good enough that someone should use it.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: