More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 15:40:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Too much money
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Too much money  (Read 18741 times)
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Too much money
« Reply #25 on: 2007 September 15, 02:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where can I get increased bills mod?

I was wondering the exact same thing myself.

Can we get a link please?
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 September 15, 03:49:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where can I get increased bills mod?

I was wondering the exact same thing myself.

Can we get a link please?

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8312.0.html
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 September 15, 04:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That'll work nicely but i don't suppose you have a link to one without the dorm billing part do you?  I'm not too keen on having a dorm cost money.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 September 15, 06:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That'll work nicely but i don't suppose you have a link to one without the dorm billing part do you?  I'm not too keen on having a dorm cost money.

Why should dorm students be given a free lunch?  someone has to pay the cook.....

And ever thought of having a look yourself, there may be an earlier version which is separate - but it may, of course, wreck your game if it's for an earlier EP.

Zephyr Zodiac
Loncaros
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 September 15, 07:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well the cook is an elder, so working a minimum wage job, $50 a day. Now split that up between the 6-12 dormies and there's not a lot left to pay ^^
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 September 15, 07:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's all that food they keep in their back pocket, though! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 September 15, 07:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why should dorm students be given a free lunch?  someone has to pay the cook.....

And ever thought of having a look yourself, there may be an earlier version which is separate - but it may, of course, wreck your game if it's for an earlier EP.

I already checked around everywhere.  There's that one that i didn't even know it was on MATY until it was posted and one by squinge which is lost in the void of darkness since his forum section is gone.  I haven't managed to track down any other increase bill mods or earlier versions.

I think having to live with a bunch of brain dead idiots is more or less payment enough, generally dorms is when your flat dead broke.  If you can afford it you move to a house on campus which has bills anyway.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 September 15, 09:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

heh, here is Squinge's increased bills hack, it is the x5 ver.  I have no idea if it is compatible with Bon Voyage or not.

* IncreasedBills5xTS2.zip (0.71 KB - downloaded 173 times.)
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 September 15, 11:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My copy of increased bills reported as clean with hackdiff, and it is seems to work without problems (as far as I can tell) in my game.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 September 15, 21:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

heh, here is Squinge's increased bills hack, it is the x5 ver.  I have no idea if it is compatible with Bon Voyage or not.

Thanks, hehe 5 times that's bound to make em broke.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 September 15, 21:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With BV, having sims save up to buy a vacation home is a pretty good way to burn some money.  I have yet to build anything overly impressive and it is 70-80k for a nicely furnished home.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 September 16, 02:14:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, and EAxis didn't make it easy to have a lot of vacation homes available, either -- there's not a lot of empty space in the pre-fab vacation hoods to drop more homes.  I think the Asian hood is the worst.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
klmfrigate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 September 16, 15:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do I change the prices of objects (also, can you change the comfort levels, engery etc.?)  Thank you much.

I like charging for college, private school. etc.  Using moniques computer I charge extra for cars but if I knew how to change the price that'd be better.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 September 16, 19:56:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, and EAxis didn't make it easy to have a lot of vacation homes available, either -- there's not a lot of empty space in the pre-fab vacation hoods to drop more homes.  I think the Asian hood is the worst.

The asian one aint so bad once you rearrange the lots a little. The Mountain one though. EWWWW!

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 September 16, 20:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do I change the prices of objects (also, can you change the comfort levels, engery etc.?)  Thank you much.

I like charging for college, private school. etc.  Using moniques computer I charge extra for cars but if I knew how to change the price that'd be better.

You can change the price of custom objects easily enough with Sims2Cat from www.simwardrobe.com but although you can alter the comfort/energy levels to appear higher or lower in the catalogue, it doesn't, in fact, change the actual comfort/levels because these are dictated by the original cloned object.

You can, however, increase the niceness factor if you want, I'm not sure if it is all that effective either, though.

Zephyr Zodiac
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 September 16, 21:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using moniques computer I charge extra for cars but if I knew how to change the price that'd be better.

I get around that by only allowing my sims to buy stuff from OFB shops, that are owned by the local area vampire. Hes an old, evil and cranky geezer who owns a horde of robots, and charge X10 on the prices on all common objects. If they want a computer or a car, they better have the simoleons for it, or they will just have to do without.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
klmfrigate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 September 29, 15:13:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay, i like the ofb idea, that is why i got that version.  however, how do you get it to go 10x or more what the origianal price was.  All I can get are the options r.cheap, v. cheap, cheap, average, expensive, v. expensive, r. expensive.  And cars are still kinda cheap.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 September 29, 15:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Click on the price tag button, and you'll be allowed to enter a custom price.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
seapup
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 September 29, 16:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend not to worry about the money. I look at it as my money, not the family's. If I'm playing a poor family, I give them enough money so that I can do what I want. If I want the repo man to show up, I just don't pay the bills. If they do buy something at an owned commercial lot, I sell it the next time I play that family. Admittedly, not the most realistic scenario, but it works for me.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2007 September 30, 08:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you give your sims jobs in OFB owned businesses, their income is going to be pretty low.  OK the coding of the wages is borked (I have sims with no income from working all day as a manager), but it has the desired effect!  That's what I did In Meadow Lawns; most of the townies and a lot of playables are working for the Jackman family.  Of course a sim with a career LTW is never going to get permaplat working in a flower shop, but you can change the LTW or think of it as upping the difficulty level.

Don't forget Pes's hack that implements the borked maxis code and charges school fees for private school.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 September 30, 14:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like a hack that makes sims pay taxes for owned business lots and vacation homes.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 October 01, 19:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the stuff Monique made, but its not quite what I find myself needing. What i could really do with in my game, is a mod that allows me to send a percentage of the households funds to another sim, playable or NPC, at set intervals, like every week there is a 3% tax deductet per adult sim in the household.

Sadly, i gotta calculate those numbers by myself, and then forward the simoleons using the computer or pescados money hack. Either works, the other thing would just have been handy.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 October 01, 21:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about Monique's automatic thing where the payer sends money to the payee with every set of bills? http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=203984

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 October 02, 08:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about Monique's automatic thing where the payer sends money to the payee with every set of bills? http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=203984

Like i said, I use the stuff Monique made, although it is not exactly what I was looking for, it provides an alternative workaround. With Moniques automatic payment, you get to set the amount (Id have prefered a percentage of the total simoleans per grown adult in family) and that gets deducted every time the bills arrive. (Here I would have prefered to be able to set it once per season).

So, its close, its just not over the finish line for me in the race of perfection. MAybe I should finally get off my butt and see if i cant figure out how to modify this stuff myself.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: