More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 21:36:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Finishing unfinished Maxis hairdos
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Finishing unfinished Maxis hairdos  (Read 3588 times)
Captain Swooptie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Finishing unfinished Maxis hairdos
« on: 2007 September 14, 06:49:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I was working on the custom jewelry problems, I saw that there were a bunch of resources for a teen male "surfer" hairdo that isn't actually in the game. Most stuff is there (shape, cres, etc) but there's no property set or 3IDRs and probably binary indices. I thought maybe I could figure it out on my own, but I kept failing massively. I've seen where people've done this before, so I downloaded some of those files, but looking through them only confused me more. Is this sort of thing accomplished in the same way that custom hair is made or is it just a matter of creating new things that point to the stuff that already exists? I can't seem to find any tutorials, even quick and dirty ones. I guess it's 'cause once someone does it, there's not really any need for anyone else to do it, but it seems like it'd be easier than most things, what with most of the work already being done.

I figure someone will already finish this hair within a day or two, and I half-expect it to show up finished in teen style stuff, but I'm really curious about it now. Anyone have any knowledge to impart?
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
Re: Finishing unfinished Maxis hairdos
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 14, 08:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Y'know, I wouldn't be surprised if that's a hairstyle they're going to include in the Teen Style Stuff Pack that's coming out soon. There's a whole surfer theme in that, so it would make sense.

Sorry I can't offer any advice on how to do what you want, though. :}

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 14, 14:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you could be right, there's been quite a few instances of people "releasing" hidden stuff, which has then appeared in a later EP or stuff pack.  So, while unlocking it can do no real harm, it would seem to be rather a wasted effort.

Zephyr Zodiac
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 15, 00:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Simsbaby does this kind of thing. Maybe he'll come along and help, or you could pm him.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 16, 00:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be exactly like making custom hair, but you'll substitute the GMDC of the custom hair with an extraction of the GMDC you've found and replace the textures.

lowbart
Blathering Buffoon

Why? Why?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 16, 17:40:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Y'know, I wouldn't be surprised if that's a hairstyle they're going to include in the Teen Style Stuff Pack that's coming out soon. There's a whole surfer theme in that, so it would make sense.

Wow, sounds like something I will NOT be getting.   Grin

Quote from: Liz
I find it particularly disingenuous of Seabolt to attempt to claim that "Advertising is very organic to the 'Sims 3' experience." Apparently 'organic' is code for "We thought of some places we can stick it." Should they run out of ideas, I could gladly recommend some nice, organic place
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: