More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 06:11:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Stupid BV - Solved
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stupid BV - Solved  (Read 5895 times)
alia
Asinine Airhead

Ms. Smarty Pants

View Profile
Stupid BV - Solved
« on: 2007 September 13, 11:20:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi!

I was thinking I'd try BV before buying Wink but I am having trouble with the game.

I ran Virtual Daemon Manager 4.10, mounted the .iso and managed to get the game installed with no problems, but when I try to run the game, the computer claims that there is a wrong disc in the drive and that I should insert the original BV CD or DVD (or something, the announcement is in Finnish).

I am running YASU 1.4.7080 to cloak Daemon tool, but apparently it is not working. Can anyone help me, please?  Huh

The Launcher seems to be a bit wonky anyways: When I click on the launcher icon on Desktop, the launcher has grayed out Seasons and several of the stuff packs, despite the fact that I have purchased and installed all of them. This does not bother me one bit, as long as I can still play them, but I certainly hope that it is still possible.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 14, 08:46:43 by alia » Logged
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Problem with .iso
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 13, 11:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go here and download the no-cd file.  Extract it to your desktop.  Then go to your BV TSBin directory, by default:

Code:
C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\TSBin

You will see a file called Sims2EP6.  Right click on this file and rename it "Sims2EP6.bak" (no quotes).  Then, take the file you extracted to the desktop earlier, and move it to the TSBin directory.  To bypass the launcher, simply right click the new Sims2EP6 executable, and select "Send To->Desktop (create shortcut)".  You can now use the new shortcut on your desktop to run the game. 
alia
Asinine Airhead

Ms. Smarty Pants

View Profile
Re: Problem with .iso
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 13, 11:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you!  Grin
I knew I was probably forgetting something elementary.

I'll try it and let you know, but I am sure it will work. Smiley
Thank you again, B!
alia
Asinine Airhead

Ms. Smarty Pants

View Profile
Re: Stupid BV
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 13, 11:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It worked, but now the goddamn game insists that I have uninstalled seasons, despite the fact that I did not do such thing!

Right. I'll try reinstalling seasons again. Sigh.
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 13, 13:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you mean that it insists you uninstalled Seasons?  Are you getting a message, or do you just not have the typical options available in game?
alia
Asinine Airhead

Ms. Smarty Pants

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 13, 13:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started the game and the choose neighbourhood screen a message popped up saying that I had uninstalled seasons (which I did not do) and that the game would remove all weather effects from my existing neighgourhoods. I clicked quit, and tried to install seasons again, but got the message that I was running the wrong version of the game (i.e. I should be running BV).

I could not reinstall Seasons, since it was installed in my computer already, but I could not play it, since the game did not recognize it.
I uninstalled BV, but of course the damn game uninstalled everything, and now I am in the process of installing everything back.

I do not know if this happened because of the no-cd crack, but I am inclined to believe that it is maxis' fault.  Angry
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 13, 14:01:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not know if this happened because of the no-cd crack, but I am inclined to believe that it is maxis' fault.  Angry

I have not known this particular crack to cause the effect you experienced.  If you want to try another one after the install (to be on the safe side) check GameCopyWorld.
alia
Asinine Airhead

Ms. Smarty Pants

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 13, 14:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I'll do that. I don't think it was the no-cd crack, either.

Something probably got corrupted during the install, or something.

Thanks for your help, B!
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 13, 15:53:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once had my game insist I had uninstalled Uni when I hadn't, and said it would kick all my YAs out to the bin as adults. I hadn't even installed anything new since the last time I played.
I quit  & then defragged, and after that it was back to normal.
Don't know if this will help you, but a defrag can't really hurt either.
alia
Asinine Airhead

Ms. Smarty Pants

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 13, 16:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. I deleted a bunch of recolours recently, so defragging can not hurt.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 13, 21:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game wouldn't load and I couldn't understand --I started poking around and somehow the game ate ALL of my .exe files--in every bin folder. I had to uninstall/install the whole mess again. How'dit do that??
alia
Asinine Airhead

Ms. Smarty Pants

View Profile
Re: Stupid BV - Solved
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 14, 08:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reinstall did the trick.

Thank you all for help.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: Stupid BV - Solved
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 15, 06:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never had problems with spontaneously uninstalling EPs (seasons with pets was a big one that was reported) but BV uninstalled Seasons, and then it had trouble installing from my disk (scratched?) so I had to torrent seasons and reinstall it under BV. This is standard game behavior apparently.

INFP or something
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: