More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 13:53:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Problem with taking pictures on vacation
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Problem with taking pictures on vacation  (Read 3272 times)
Gamblor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Problem with taking pictures on vacation
« on: 2007 September 13, 16:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed that I don't have the option to have a sim take a picture of my sim or me able to take pictures at all. Is this option only allowed on vacation or can you have the option to take pictures at home too? Anyways it doesn't work for both at the moment so could somebody help me figure it out. I have searched high and low and nobody has the same problem yet.

I have noticed that the walk to lot isn't working very well so I guess that's a Maxi bug?

A Sims Nightmare!
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Problem with taking pictures on vacation
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 13, 16:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What hacks are you running? It is advisable to use only BV updated hacks, notably those in Pescado's director's cut, and check for updates every day or two for the first little while.

Do not run Insim at this time - it is not yet updated and any version I have tested (and that includes the SIM and OBJ versions for Seasons) either does not work, spawns all sorts of crap, or removes menu items from sims (notably the ability to build sandcastles or comb the beach for seashells).

Other folk have reported problems with the "walk to" option, but this is not consistent.  It may be a bad install, hack related issue, or something else.  Some people have reported that things improved following a defrag of the hard drive.  You might also try deleting groups.cache, which will regenerate next time you start your game.

Tribulatio proxima est
Gamblor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 13, 17:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thxs jolrei Wink I have mostly Pescado's, Two Jeffs, Squinge, Crammys, Paladins, MQ's and some misc. I did take out the bad ones reported from Squinge and Crammys so I think it might be some misc hacks that I have making problems and most of them I can't remember the creator so I can't check for updates. I will have to start taking them out one at a time and try to find the little bugger.

Have you noticed that there are just to many simes when on vacation staying in a hotel that bog down the game speed to a crawl and it's not my computer its all updated with 2gigs of memory. I also turned down the settings and it still didn't make a difference. Guess I should just wait for the patch to come out and solve most of the problems with BV.

A Sims Nightmare!
Gamblor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 13, 17:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well object hacks cause problems too?

A Sims Nightmare!
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 13, 17:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well object hacks cause problems too?

Not sure.  I don't use object hacks that much, and none at present.  I know that some lot and object downloads may include old versions of hacks, so if you have CC lots etc. they may have some garbage attached that is borking things.  They may not have caused problems prior to BV, but with BV installed they would no longer be compatible.  Other folks have reported this problem.  You might check any CC lots with cleaninstaller.

Tribulatio proxima est
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 13, 17:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anything that changes a sim's pie menu could mess up BV if it isn't updated, so as jolrei said, make sure you have the latest versions, and take the hack out if there's no BV update yet.

As for problems with 'walk to...', most reports I've seen of that so far involve the older version of TJs' Visitor controller (the one that uses pictures, not a sim menu).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Gamblor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 13, 18:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I updated all of TJ's hacks I don't think I am using his visitor's control one. The only thing I could think of missing up the pie menu is my individual freewill final hack or MQ Individual Aging hack and the Macro hack from Pescado but I know he updated his so it must be the other two. Thoes are the only extra pie menus I have showing so I hope its not one of them thats making the problem. I will find out now by taking them out.

A Sims Nightmare!
Gamblor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 13, 20:53:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found the problem its Squinge's HulaDance hack. That makes sence Smiley

A Sims Nightmare!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: