More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 11:02:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Quick BV Question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Quick BV Question  (Read 12312 times)
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
Quick BV Question
« on: 2007 September 12, 23:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last night I spent a good 20min sticking mirrors in all the hotel, Inns and Villas. The whole "Adam has found a shell necklace! Adam needs to wait until he gets home where there are mirrors to put it on" really annoyed me.

Anyways once my sim did get home, the shell necklace was no where to be found.  Didn't show up when he changed appearence, not in his inventory.  Anyone else had this problem?

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
Re: Quick BV Question
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 12, 23:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as we are asking quick BV questions, has anyone tried using the changelotzoning cheat to turn a previously normal lot into a beach lot? Is it even possible?

Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 12, 23:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Tigerlilley points finger

THREAD HIJACKER!
Hehe just kidding Tongue

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 13, 00:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tigerlilley: No, but the only objects my sims have sifted from the sand while on vacation were some actual shells and the bowl of colored glass. All items sifted out on their home lot have appeared.

Ellatrue: I didn't think that there was an extension for a beach lot change in the changelotzoning code. I sincerely doubt the possibility.  Cry
EDIT: Yup, no extension for beach lot changing. Have to use the special blank templates. It's worth it, though. Here's a couple pics from my current family's house (it's not done, I like building more on with time), which is also a ticket biz for the beachgoers:

Notice the huge peninsula and rocks. Those are neighborhood deco which can be placed overlapping lots and seen from lot view (unless the camera gets close, then they fade out).
« Last Edit: 2007 September 13, 02:52:52 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 13, 04:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OOH
so if you uploaded these somewhere, could I download it and stick it in Twikki Island lot?

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 13, 04:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tigerlilley, it is entirely possible that the item he found is for females.

When a male sim found a pair of earrings in the sand I figured I'd try & get him to gift them to his wife but I didn't spot them in his inventory so I figured it was a flub. Later, I went to change her appearance (to see if her tan would come off with a change appearance command) and on a whim I decided to look at the jewelry section. Sure enough, the earrings were there.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 13, 05:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a child find some earrings but they weren't in his inventory - maybe I'll try his mother's or his sister's.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 13, 05:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OOH
so if you uploaded these somewhere, could I download it and stick it in Twikki Island lot?
The deco objects? They are in game, part of the EP. The rocks are the first two shown under rocks. I believe the peninsula is under miscellaneous.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 13, 07:20:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, Silly, the whole house Smiley

Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 13, 07:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tigerlilley, it is entirely possible that the item he found is for females.

When a male sim found a pair of earrings in the sand I figured I'd try & get him to gift them to his wife but I didn't spot them in his inventory so I figured it was a flub. Later, I went to change her appearance (to see if her tan would come off with a change appearance command) and on a whim I decided to look at the jewelry section. Sure enough, the earrings were there.

Oh right! This might explain it.

trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 13, 07:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If we are on it:
- since marrying on vacation is posible, has anyone made fitting churches vor the locations?
- If my streets are to far away from the beach, is there a way to make a beach lot? Or a way to change the streets?
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 13, 08:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If we are on it:
- since marrying on vacation is posible, has anyone made fitting churches vor the locations?
- If my streets are to far away from the beach, is there a way to make a beach lot? Or a way to change the streets?

I don't have BV yet, but I've been roughing out a rather nice comm lot in preparation, for my sims to hold their weddings on. I'd be willing to share when it's done.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 13, 10:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The jewelry that are found sifting sands on a beach wont show up in the sims inventories, stop looking for it there. It gets teleported direectly to their makeup kit, so the only way to see what you found, is to check a mirror, where you can mess around with jewelry. It is not an object per se (sp), its more of an unlock option to see an item in bodyshop.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP, AQ: 36. Fear.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 13, 19:51:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An island church would be awesome. Or an oriental "church". Or a mountain church. You've now tempted me to try to make some. I may just do so as a break from WTFing at bugs...
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 13, 20:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

make sure you share them ;-)
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 13, 22:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The jewelry that are found sifting sands on a beach wont show up in the sims inventories, stop looking for it there. It gets teleported direectly to their makeup kit, so the only way to see what you found, is to check a mirror, where you can mess around with jewelry. It is not an object per se (sp), its more of an unlock option to see an item in bodyshop.

As per my first post, I did check a mirror.  It wasn't there.  Although now I may think this is because he found a girls necklace...jeez couldn't they have just made it so guys find guys jewelry.. damn EA.

Captain Swooptie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 14, 02:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It just occurred to me that some ruins would be a really cool place for a wedding.

Put the arch in front of the monkey shrine, add some soap...
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 14, 02:51:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An island church would be awesome. Or an oriental "church". Or a mountain church. You've now tempted me to try to make some. I may just do so as a break from WTFing at bugs...

*SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION*

I made an Island church a while back. You can get it here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/member/showthread.php?t=182903

Don't know if it's what you are looking for, but there you go. Requires OFB.

trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 14, 08:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

iŽll try that one out, thanx
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 September 14, 08:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re the jewelry - when sims are buying piercings, I can hardly see what they are buying, as the picture is too small and the picture resolution is just not good enough. Some of my sims are going to end up with lips, noses and eyebrows pierced.

More F than you
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 September 16, 02:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, I can't see the face piercing thumbnails either.
Although I do play in window mode.

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 September 17, 18:35:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It just occurred to me that some ruins would be a really cool place for a wedding.

Put the arch in front of the monkey shrine, add some soap...

You do realise if you add soap to the monkey shrine, the god gets angry and spews lava?

Inteen for AL, yay!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 September 17, 19:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do realise if you add soap to the monkey shrine, the god gets angry and spews lava?

No, really?  Oooo, I'm going to have to try that tonight in my test hood.  Mwahahahaha!

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 September 17, 21:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, really?  Oooo, I'm going to have to try that tonight in my test hood.  Mwahahahaha!
One of my sims did that autonomously. Hilarious, how they freak out.

Tigerlilley, I've been trying to get that lot packaged all neat and clean, but it's being a bitch to me. The few bits of CC are getting into my download folder on my test account, but the lot wasn't showing in the catalog. I'll attempt to beat it into submission sometime soon, just need to go in a corner and pout for awhile. Stupid lot packager is trying to send all recolors along with every custom object in the package again, and the lot file was twice the size it needs to be...so I was cleaning, going to place in my test account's game and repackage the cleaner file.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 September 17, 22:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Picture for your amusement:
http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j49/Maxon/?action=view&current=AnnoyedGod.jpg
http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j49/Maxon/?action=view&current=HotBackside.jpg

Inteen for AL, yay!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: