More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:41:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Anti-Redundancy *CRITICAL FOR BVp0*
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anti-Redundancy *CRITICAL FOR BVp0*  (Read 317748 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Anti-Redundancy *CRITICAL FOR BVp0*
« Reply #125 on: 2007 October 02, 04:15:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me or are all these new posters with n00b questions really just mean people trying to make fun and/or rile up old timers?
That's the sort of thing that gives my mom the giggles. She likes to call me up and fake like she's a really stupid student...it got ridiculous back when I worked in medical billing and she'd call me, doing a shakey old lady voice and saying that her bag broke...her colostomy bag...and she needed someone to come over to fix it.

But no, this is typical BBSesque posting style.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Celestra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2007 October 02, 08:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So my new sim never got any townies walking by his house and every community lot downtown just had that one teen

(i.e. working, as designed)

If you want a lot of townies in a new hood, you need to create them. Do a search on this site or look in Peasantry on the subject.

Ok thanks i though this just stopped unwanted tour guides and charlatan not everyone spawning , Guess i will have to take it out for a few days to generate townies then re add it
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2007 October 02, 11:33:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This doesn't stop townies. That's "notownierespawn". Antiredundancy is purely about NPCs, eliminating the desire to spawn redundant NPCs instead of using existing NPCs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2007 October 02, 12:42:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me or are all these new posters with n00b questions really just mean people trying to make fun and/or rile up old timers?

I do not think these are BBSers, they are too polite and they don't RITE LIEK DIS LOL. I think they are MAXOIDS, looking for awesomehacks to put in the next patch. They are just scared that the hacks will make 90000000 games explode at once if they do...

More F than you
Celestra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2007 October 02, 18:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This doesn't stop townies. That's "notownierespawn". Antiredundancy is purely about NPCs, eliminating the desire to spawn redundant NPCs instead of using existing NPCs.

OK it must be just my game then IT totally stopped townies spawning in a NEW hood and after taking it out they spawned > Ive never downloaded or installed the notownierespawn hack
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2007 October 02, 19:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Celestra, re-read Dizzy reply.

He clearly mention YOU need to create townies in a clean hood.  The game will spawn a few when you visit new community lots or when you move new sims into new residential lots but will stop at one point.

The fact you removed anti-redudancy has nothing to do with the fact new townies were generated, you must have done one of the things mentionned above.
« Last Edit: 2007 October 02, 19:38:19 by MissDoh » Logged
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2007 October 02, 19:55:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're serious about the head explode thing then I have a couple of questions
How the hell could this thing make my head explode?
why should I risk that?
why are these hacks legal?
and why isnt anyone else worried about this?
I mean when I started playing with the hack downloaded my head started to hurt and even now after I deleted it still hurts. I don't now if this the hack or if it this halitosis thing (which I still don't know the meaning of) or if it's something else, but if I know that this is true, I can't risk it!

Oh for the love of Pete!  In the interest of your personal peace of mind, and so that you will stop wittering on about this, I will spell it out in ridiculously clear terms:

1) all third party software, hacks included, include a disclaimer that you use the hack at your own risk.  This means that Pescado, or any other modder associated with a hack is not responsible if you blow up your system (or have your head explode) through using the hack.

2) Obviously (to everyone but you, apparently) use of a hack will not cause explosions of body parts or halitosis (although for some, this would be a side effect greatly to be desired).  On the other hand, if it does happen, this also is not Pescado's problem.

3) Halitosis is a mouth and gum condition - symptoms include extremely bad breath.  See your dentist and floss regularly.

4) The hacks are safe - most of us use them all the time without problem.  In fact, use of awesome hacks is arguably better than running the game without the hacks.  Standard disclaimers apply for legal reasons.

Nobody here is forcing you to load a hack.  If you are concerned about a hack, search the forum on it, read what users and modders have to say about it.  Remember that it is your responsibility to know what goes into your game and computer.  Please do not waste our time on this again unless your head actually explodes, and then only as a matter of public interest.

Tribulatio proxima est
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2007 October 02, 20:49:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the respond, by the way what is halitosis?

It could give you halitosis in the same way as it could make your head explode.

Go back to the dictionary after you're done with "joke" and look up "metaphor".

If you're serious about the head explode thing then I have a couple of questions
How the hell could this thing make my head explode?
why should I risk that?
why are these hacks legal?
and why isnt anyone else worried about this?
I mean when I started playing with the hack downloaded my head started to hurt and even now after I deleted it still hurts. I don't now if this the hack or if it this halitosis thing (which I still don't know the meaning of) or if it's something else, but if I know that this is true, I can't risk it!

The disclaimer is there to root out the stupid people so we might point/laugh/poke. It seems to be working.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2007 October 02, 23:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The disclaimer is there to root out the stupid people so we might point/laugh/poke. It seems to be working.

Yes, unless he's doing this just to get a rise out of us.  I did have a "nobody can be this stupid" thought earlier.  Still, I feel better now.  Nothing like a good rant.

Tribulatio proxima est
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2007 October 02, 23:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, unless he's doing this just to get a rise out of us.  I did have a "nobody can be this stupid" thought earlier. 
I kinda wondered if you were missing that.  Roll Eyes

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2007 October 02, 23:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, unless he's doing this just to get a rise out of us.  I did have a "nobody can be this stupid" thought earlier. 
I kinda wondered if you were missing that.  Roll Eyes

Perhaps I got a bit carried away.  Still, it felt...nice.

Tribulatio proxima est
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2007 October 03, 05:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have to admit....im AM a noob at this stuff Smiley But who isnt at first?
anyone know which sims2 BV game is cheaper?
US or CAN?
The ARR-ficial version. Also, why are you asking that in this thread?

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2007 October 03, 14:18:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have to admit....im AM a noob at this stuff Smiley But who isnt at first?
anyone know which sims2 BV game is cheaper?
US or CAN?
The ARR-ficial version. Also, why are you asking that in this thread?

We don't know cheaper - you have the responsibility to check all available internet shops and the stores in your area.  If you want instant gratification, as I always do, then it is "cheaper" to buy an off the shelf copy at a local store.  Then you too can instantly (or considering reported BV issues, not quite so instantly) experience the joys of trying to install, load, find hacks, and avoid load/lag difficulties.  Are you up to this, young Padewan?

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2007 October 05, 02:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which one is "cheaper" really depends on pricing schemes. Some stores are still treating the Imperial Canadian as being less, despite the fact that current exchange rates place the Imperial Canadian at a hair above the American. yay for the US economy going into the tank. Therefore, if you're seeing schemes like 50$ CDN, 40 US, buy US, since CDN >= US right now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2007 October 05, 03:52:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which one is "cheaper" really depends on pricing schemes. Some stores are still treating the Imperial Canadian as being less, despite the fact that current exchange rates place the Imperial Canadian at a hair above the American. yay for the US economy going into the tank. Therefore, if you're seeing schemes like 50$ CDN, 40 US, buy US, since CDN >= US right now.

I've heard the same story with the currencies reversed.  Due to buy rates and sell rates, it may depend on whether you start from inside or outside the Empire.

Tribulatio proxima est
Celestra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2007 October 05, 17:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Celestra, re-read Dizzy reply.

He clearly mention YOU need to create townies in a clean hood.  The game will spawn a few when you visit new community lots or when you move new sims into new residential lots but will stop at one point.

The fact you removed anti-redudancy has nothing to do with the fact new townies were generated, you must have done one of the things mentionned above.

I know when you create a new hood the game spawns a FEW townies then stops . WHAT I WAS pointing out was that when i created a new hood this time it created ONE ( i repeat ONE) townie until i removed the fix then it created more . I was ASKING if this was supposed to happen . And ONCE again i also repeat i DO NOT have the notownieregen hack in my game . Obviously I am not going to get any further with these questions about the fix so i will now just drop it and leave all the so called super posters to go back to making fun of others .
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2007 October 05, 17:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know when you create a new hood the game spawns a FEW townies then stops . WHAT I WAS pointing out was that when i created a new hood this time it created ONE ( i repeat ONE) townie until i removed the fix then it created more . I was ASKING if this was supposed to happen . And ONCE again i also repeat i DO NOT have the notownieregen hack in my game . Obviously I am not going to get any further with these questions about the fix so i will now just drop it and leave all the so called super posters to go back to making fun of others .

In a new clean hood (without notownieregen installed) the game will spawn one (or more?) townies when your sims visit a community lot, as I understand it.  It is not unusual that the townies do not all show up at once.  If you are not using clean templates, but have the original maxis hoods, I think the game just gives you the standard bunch of Pleasantview townies in whatever hood you build. 

The antiredundancy fix for BV does not restrict townie spawning.  If no townies are spawning in your game, there is something else going on.  I believe this has been looked at and has been attributed to tight pants.

Tribulatio proxima est
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2007 October 05, 18:15:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If no townies are spawning in your game, there is something else going on.  I believe this has been looked at and has been attributed to tight pants.

actually I don't think it is a hack causing only 1 townie to spawn since I had it happen (ages back) with no hacks installed. It still happens to me.

I use clean templates and I have found that if I want townies to spawn I either have to force the game to make them by starting a business (it will then make some for customers) or shift-click on the mailbox (with testingcheats enabled) and have it create a batch of townies.  Otherwise, it might make one every once in a blue moon.

Until the BV bug, I never bothered to use Anti-Redundancy. I don't use notownieregen or any of the other noregens.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2007 October 05, 20:01:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Celestra, I know you were only trying to point a bug you thought anti-redudancy caused but it is not this mod causing your issue.

I do not use it normally, only now to stop the tour guide problem and had that 1 townie issue too in a clean hood so do not think we were in any way making fun of you.  We were trying to help but you obviously do not want to believe what we are saying and want to go with your own beliefs.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: 2007 October 07, 18:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm playing the new hood (made from the clean template) with antiredundancy installed, but without notownieregen installed. (I'm just too lazy to make townies myself) The game starts to spawn tourists to fill vacant hotel rooms after you check in a hotel. It's similar to dorms, the game will spawn as many dormies as the number of vacant dorm door if you don't have nodormieregen installed.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2007 October 08, 04:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm playing the new hood (made from the clean template) with antiredundancy installed, but without notownieregen installed. (I'm just too lazy to make townies myself) The game starts to spawn tourists to fill vacant hotel rooms after you check in a hotel. It's similar to dorms, the game will spawn as many dormies as the number of vacant dorm door if you don't have nodormieregen installed.

Quite so.  As long as you don't mind and/or if you want EAxis townies/dormies, you do not need the anti-regen hacks.  They are beneficial/necessary for those of us who do not want them and prefer to generate or build our own townies/dormies/tourists and/or limit our hood populations.  For example, I like to control some aspects of "genetic drift" within my hoods, so having more townies is, for me in the long run, largely superfluous and annoying.  I'd rather "connect" playables with the spawn of other playables, as much as possible.

Tribulatio proxima est
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2007 October 12, 20:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So after I sownloaded the new Maxis patch, I thought to myself, hey, they say this fixes the spawning issue! Guess this means I no longer need Pescado's hack! Ha, ha. They fooled me. I called the gardener and suddenly the game is spawning dozens of gardeners. Sigh. So here I am back again to say, thank you, JM, for keeping me from going on a killing spreee at Maxis. You have kept me out of jail yet again.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2007 October 13, 01:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So after I sownloaded the new Maxis patch, I thought to myself, hey, they say this fixes the spawning issue! Guess this means I no longer need Pescado's hack! Ha, ha. They fooled me. I called the gardener and suddenly the game is spawning dozens of gardeners. Sigh. So here I am back again to say, thank you, JM, for keeping me from going on a killing spreee at Maxis. You have kept me out of jail yet again.

Yes, antiredundancy was necessary pre-BV to stop unnecessary spawning of NPCs.  It was updated for BV to include the tourguides and charlatans.  While the "patch" may have addressed the issue of tourguide spawning, it did nothing to stop previous over-spawns of NPCs in the main hood, for example.  Hence, antiredundancy should be left in.

You may want to visit the BV Patch is Out thread - the patch carries with it its own number of new problems.  For example, it will take extra tourguides and make them unlinked, which could lead to serious problems as you play your hood (such as it becoming unplayable).  For this reason (primarily this reason for me anyway) a fair number of MATY denizens are not installing this patch at this time.

If you have "extra" tourguides and charlatans in your hood, you should look at the "Deleted 2: Electric Boogaloo" thread for instructions on how to safely delete these extra characters and not leave the garbage lying around your hood.

At the very least, leave antiredundancy in.

Tribulatio proxima est
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2007 October 15, 07:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While the "patch" may have addressed the issue of tourguide spawning, it did nothing to stop previous over-spawns of NPCs in the main hood, for example.  Hence, antiredundancy should be left in.

I love it when people answer my questions before I even have to ask them.

Now I must Boogaloo.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2007 October 16, 17:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read the FAQ at the top of the Podium, dricabayard, unless you want to be continuously poked with sharp, pointy sticks...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: