More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 00:24:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Anti-Redundancy *CRITICAL FOR BVp0*
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anti-Redundancy *CRITICAL FOR BVp0*  (Read 319728 times)
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
Re: Anti-Redundancy *CRITICAL FOR BVp0*
« Reply #75 on: 2007 September 21, 09:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The legend is pretty, but it seems to me to be the most pointless thing in BV. My sims now keep rolling wants to tell it to other sims.

More F than you
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007 September 21, 09:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the want is starting to become clog, take their scroll away and put it someplace in the house as decoration, and they will stop.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007 September 21, 11:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like sloppyhousewife's story about learning to bow from the WOM.

Actually, it was sim me's only chance to learn it - the locals just hated her Grin. Which I found hilarious, because the first thing she learned at Takamizu Village was to teleport and thus used this very convenient way of transportation all the time. It was like "Look at that stupid German bitch - thinks she's so cool using powers she doesn't even understand." Cheesy

Back to topic: I haven't seen any locals at the hotel lots (both Takamizu and Twikki) since installing Anti-Redundancy. Not that I'm complaining, I'm just wondering if this is related?

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2007 September 21, 12:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't recall seeing locals at the hotels even before this was updated -- only other vacation/tourist families and the staff.  I always thought the locals only appeared on comm lots.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2007 September 21, 13:31:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't recall seeing locals at the hotels even before this was updated -- only other vacation/tourist families and the staff.  I always thought the locals only appeared on comm lots.

If by locals we are talking about blonde haired sims in grass skirts, etc, my sims have met those guys in hotels and my sims learned the "chill out" gesture from one of them in the hotel lobby.  I'm sure antiredundancy was loaded at the time.  Mind you, I didn't have it loaded until after a fair number of the blighters had been spawned already so that might be why they show up.  I haven't bothered to delete them.

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2007 September 21, 14:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Locals are not NPCs and don't have a known endless spawning bug. You get a passel just for adding the relevant vacation hoods, and they remain (and are occasionally seen at hotels) until you kill them, whereupon they respawn unless you have the latest no-townie-respawn to replace vacancies. No townie respawn will keep the count to a minimum of one, which you'd need to learn the gestures from.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007 September 21, 14:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Locals are not NPCs and don't have a known endless spawning bug...No townie respawn will keep the count to a minimum of one, which you'd need to learn the gestures from.

Fair enough.  In that case, referring back to sloppyhousewife's post:
I haven't seen any locals at the hotel lots (both Takamizu and Twikki) since installing Anti-Redundancy. Not that I'm complaining, I'm just wondering if this is related?
I'm not sure how antiredundancy would affect the appearance of locals.  I'm pretty sure it does not in my game.

Tribulatio proxima est
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007 September 21, 15:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure how antiredundancy would affect the appearance of locals.  I'm pretty sure it does not in my game.

Oh, I just wanted to know if it was related or not. But obviously, it differs from game to game, seeing that you do have locals on your hotel lots, whereas others (see jsalemi's post) don't. *shrugs*

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2007 September 21, 16:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The presence or lack of locals at a hotel is purely a random phenomenon, they appear at random, often with low probability, so you won't always see them.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007 September 21, 16:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't think it was possible, but is seems that with BV EAxis made the sadorandom generator even MORE sado...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Merope
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2007 September 21, 19:22:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got BV this week and installed this hack before playing it.  Now, it is entirely possible I'm an idiot, but I haven't seen a single tour guide.  Where are they supposed to be?  Is it possible that this hack prevented *any* from spawning?  Should I take it out, play the game, and then stick it back in? 

Flaming me is more than welcome.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2007 September 21, 19:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got BV this week and installed this hack before playing it.  Now, it is entirely possible I'm an idiot, but I haven't seen a single tour guide.  Where are they supposed to be?  Is it possible that this hack prevented *any* from spawning?  Should I take it out, play the game, and then stick it back in? 

The tour guide hangs around by the payphone of community lots and at the front of hotels (where the taxi stops).  He is not always there.  Generally if you wait around for a bit, one shows up.  The hack is designed to allow one to spawn, if one does not already exist, but not to spawn them incessantly.  If your sims leave their lodgings (hotel etc.) and go to a vacation comm lot, does one show up then?

Tribulatio proxima est
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2007 September 21, 19:35:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ideally you will have three tour guides (one for each vacation destination).  He/she will hang out in front of the phone on community lots. 

If you have the Clean Installer, use it to check your character files.  You can easily spot the guides, ninjas, and charlatan files.
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: 2007 September 25, 02:19:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your sims leave their lodgings (hotel etc.) and go to a vacation comm lot, does one show up then?
Yes, they'll show up on community lots also.

I'm still getting a lot of Unsavory Charlatans spawning and I have the hack.  Something that is strange is when you look in SimPE (I have version SimPe_063g), some are still Mr Potato Heads and some are not.  But the ones that are not Mr. Potato Heads that have already appeared in the game are not wearing the appropriate costume of the vacationland they were in.  For example, in my current game (it's new, I started it today) I have only played the island vacationland and have not visited any of the other places.  In SimPE, the Unsavory Charlatans are wearing Japanese Kimonos and yet in the game, they were wearing the hula outfit.  Is this a SimPE problem with the clothes or just a glitch? But I do have around 6 Unsavory Charlatans so far and I've only visited 2 community lots in the island vacationland.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2007 September 25, 06:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ideally you will have three tour guides (one for each vacation destination).  He/she will hang out in front of the phone on community lots.
Tour Guides and Charlatans are not vacation-destination-specific. All reside in the NPC pool and the only thing that distinguishes them is the uniform they wear on different destinations. If the code had originally been working correctly, one would be selected from the pool of availables and then dressed in the local uniform. There is no particular reason why there would need to be *3*, though, other than that 3 is the magic number Maxis likes for "variety", even though there is no point in having a "variety" of Social Workers or Tour Guides or other Sims-Without-Names.

Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2007 September 25, 10:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well weirdest thing in my game with this hack is that no charlatans come to any lots (They don't spawn ever!) which is a bliss but sometimes I want to see someones money get knicked.
I guess I'll have to do it manually

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2007 September 25, 10:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been playing BV for two weeks, with the hack of course, and no charlatan has ever showed up. I am quite happy about this, fears of having pockets picked show up very often.

More F than you
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007 September 25, 13:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto -- no charlatan's here, either.  I may take this out for one play session just to spawn one so I can see what he/she looks like. Wink

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007 September 26, 10:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Charlatan works fine with this hack. See proof:

This is with a game with all of them initially purged and yet one (and only one) charlatan has generated and thus appeared in the game. It follows that therefore, the charlatan is working fine and his appearance odds are similarly unaffected, but you're just imagining that he is more frequent than he really is due to sampling error.

And no, DON'T take it out, or you'll be snowed in tour guides!

Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007 September 26, 22:53:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I mean is that they never show up on lots even though I spawn them manually on the home lots

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2007 September 26, 23:05:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I mean is that they never show up on lots even though I spawn them manually on the home lots

Sounds like the normal EAxis sadorandom phenomenon again to me.  I've only ever seen one in several vacation outings, so they don't seem to show up with any regularity.

Tribulatio proxima est
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2007 September 27, 04:45:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think so, I switched hacks and they show up on the lots but without the bloated spawning

*Ella whine*
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2007 September 27, 06:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even before the hack, in four vacations I saw the charlatan once. Sadorandom. Oh, and now I have a female tour guide, which is nice.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2007 September 28, 17:00:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxoidsam was gathering info about the lags but he also mentionned something that got me wonder in this post: http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=10a566e72566d1d0ab9c4bf935ad07c0&directoryID=189&startRow=1&openItemID=item.189,item.43,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23

Quote of the interesting part:
"The "NPC Spawning bug" that creates an additional, unnecessary character file of a tour guide or charlatan or food booth chef IS happening in everyone's game"

Is anti-redudancy already taking care of that?  And is it really happening?  I do not remember reading any complaints about food chef being excessevily spawn but it does not mean it is not happening.

ETA:  I do not have a working with BV SimPe version or I would check the number of those character I have.  Though I must say I did not play the vacation part much lately so it would not necessarely be conclusive.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 28, 17:18:37 by MissDoh » Logged
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2007 September 28, 18:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My shrub teleporter can tell you how many of each NPCs you have.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: