More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:39:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  The Bowels of Trogdor
| |-+  The Small Intestines of Trogdor
| | |-+  Food interest from Sims 1
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Food interest from Sims 1  (Read 12250 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Food interest from Sims 1
« on: 2007 September 11, 12:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My person data 0x000E (xxxi: Food ( Hot Date ))  started being used again from Nightlife.  It is initialised to 0 in the Init function for a Sim (runs each time a Sim is instantiated).    In spite of spending some time looking, I cannot find anywhere else it is mentioned.   Does anyone have any idea what information is stored in that now?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Food interest from Sims 1
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 11, 13:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not encountered this field being used, but I will keep an eye out for it. All entries I have seen from error logs thus far record it as "0". If it is being rezeroed every time a sim is reinstantiated, it is likely not presently used, but might be in the near future.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 11, 14:50:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just in case you've not noticed yet, the one for "style" is being used as the temperature motive - which seems a bit foolhardy to me as it's normally part of the sim's permanent data, and in any case are there not still some of the normal motive range spare?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 11, 15:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am aware of this, yes. I can only imagine what kind of odd kludge is being used for that. You'll note another persondata value, which I don't recall offhand, is also used for robots' "power" attribute, and I believe still another is used for Plantsim "sun". I would imagine something had to be done hardcode to kludge those into NOT being permanently written cross-lot.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 11, 21:47:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These are improper hacks that are being tossed in, considering that they aren't even being properly labeled in their own "PersonData.lua" global code. This type of thing is happening all over the simantics portion of the code, and IMHO is a good thing. This hopefully means the coders can't wait to abandon Edith and start doing some real coding.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 12, 08:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel sure they're already using SimPE Smiley

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 12, 09:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doubtful, otherwise no sane coder would intentionally produce the jumbled disorientated spaghetti that passes as code.

Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 12, 20:37:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doubtful, otherwise no sane coder would intentionally produce the jumbled disorientated spaghetti that passes as code.
Do you really consider EAxis coders sane?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 13, 01:55:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, that's why they keep writing in that ridiculous "flowchart bug generator".

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: