More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 06:05:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Bon Voyage won't load >:(
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bon Voyage won't load >:(  (Read 16902 times)
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
Bon Voyage won't load >:(
« on: 2007 September 11, 11:36:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Angry Okay, I'm mad.

I installed Bon Voyage and IT WON'T FRELLING LOAD! I get an error telling me that i have an "emulation software conflict" and a big "ok" button. I ran the diagnostic the help suggested and was told my dvd ripper was causing the conflict.

So I deleted dvd shrink, and Daemon tools and it still won't load. What now? and please don't say uninstall everything and start over from scratch.

I have everthing except OFB.

All your base are belong to us.
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Bon Voyage won't load >:(
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 11, 11:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before deleting Daemon, did you remove the mount points?  Also, what is the exact text of the error message you are getting?

Your best bet at this point is probably to use YASU to block the SecuRom check.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 11, 12:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get the "conflict with emulation software" message also, as opposed to the security module error, and this occurs even with YASU loaded. It is a mystery why this happens. The NoCD does not have any of these issues. Perhaps some other program not part of YASU/DT is being detected as Evil.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 11, 12:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the error message: "Conflict with emulation software detected."
Very helpful. 

Before deleting Daemon, did you remove the mount points?  Your best bet at this point is probably to use YASU to block the SecuRom check.

What's a mount point and what's YASU?  I tried to disable the SecuRom check, but it didn't work.

B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 11, 13:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's a mount point and what's YASU? 

Daemon creates virtual drives on your system in order to mount cd images.  If you simply delete Daemon without first removing the drives, said mount points still exist and will be detected by some SecuROM and SafeDisc checks.  To remove the mounts, you can go through the registry (frustrating) or reinstall Daemon and make sure to set number of devices to zero from the right click menu (easier). 

Yet Another Securom Utility (YASU) attempts to stop SecuROM and SD from seeing virtual drives.  Some people are having a problem using it with BV, although I personally have experienced no issues. 

There could be other programs causing the error message.  If you have CLoneCD or Alcohol 120, they might be giving you problems.  Also, old registry keys left over from Daemon or any other emulation software might trip the protection.  Use a reg cleaner to try and eliminate these.

As Pescado mentions, using a No-CD crack seems to be the easiest way around the issue you are having.

As a final note, if you are trying to play from a legitimate cd, make sure you send EA a note criticizing their use of invasive copy protection.     
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 11, 14:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try the no-cd crack and damn ea!

seapup
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 11, 17:22:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time I have seen that particular error, (conflict with emulation software detected), was when I had to restart my computer and I forgot to load YASU before trying to load the game.
If it helps at all I'm running YASU 1.3.7071 and Daemon tools 4.06. I've tried the newer builds of both programs and could not get them to work, but this combination seems to be working fine.
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 11, 18:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found and ran a regisrty cleaner, which eliminated 599  . . . whatevers. Then I installed YASU and I reenstalled Daemon, set devises to zero and uninstalled it. now i have a different error message:

Huh What the hell does that mean? Huh

B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 11, 18:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Websense blocks photobucket.  Could you type the message for me?
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 11, 18:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure. It says:

A Required Security module cannot be activated.
This program cannot be executed (5023)

KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 11, 18:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to hijack your thread but I'm getting the same exact message when I try using my legally bought copy of Game Jackal with my legally bought copy of BV. The only difference is the error code (it's 1000 or 1200, don't remember exactly which). Game Jackal has always worked with every game I've owned up until now.  Angry

\

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 11, 19:27:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The message you are both seeing occurs when the emulator check embedded in the executable encounters some trace of Daemon, YASU, Alcohol 120 or similar software.  There are potential ways to get around it via the registry (read through the first page of this thread for more info), but the best solution is to just find a NoCD crack and use it instead.  I think this one has been confirmed working.  Instructions for using it can be found in the thread I link above, on the second page.
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 11, 20:12:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

B, I owe you a GIANT virtual kiss. Thank you. It's working, so now I can play it and see what else is broken. Tongue

Grin Grin Grin

Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 11, 23:04:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so sorry because this is completely off topic, but Chiby, your desktop background makes me fart hearts in your general direction. It is so cool! DO WANT!

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 12, 00:21:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's funny -- It gives me a headache. How on earth do you locate your icons on that thing? *blinks*

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 12, 00:35:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's funny -- It gives me a headache. How on earth do you locate your icons on that thing? *blinks*

Yeah i kinda wonder the same thing.  You know what my desktop has?  ONE icon, and that's the recycling bin.
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 12, 00:55:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One Icon?!  That's so cluttered!  Here's what a neat desktop looks like:

Of course, this is only the working half of my desktop.  The shortcut half is a bit more crowded.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 12, 01:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One Icon?!  That's so cluttered!  Here's what a neat desktop looks like:

Of course, this is only the working half of my desktop.  The shortcut half is a bit more crowded.

I know but unfortunately i've never found a way to get rid of the recycling bin.  lol nice backdrop btw.
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 12, 01:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know but unfortunately i've never found a way to get rid of the recycling bin.

On XP, you need to look for this key:
Code:
{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}
...in this location:
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace
...and delete it.  The bin will go bye-bye after a few minutes.  To get it back, simply recreate the key in the same place.  In the meantime, use CCleaner to empty the clutter.

Vista uses a different key, and I don't really want to tell you where it is, because I think I'm the only one to find it thus far.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 September 12, 01:23:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know but unfortunately i've never found a way to get rid of the recycling bin.

On XP, you need to look for this key:
Code:
{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}
...in this location:
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace
...and delete it.  The bin will go bye-bye after a few minutes.  To get it back, simply recreate the key in the same place.  In the meantime, use CCleaner to empty the clutter.

Vista uses a different key, and I don't really want to tell you where it is, because I think I'm the only one to find it thus far.

Thanks for the info.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 September 12, 09:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No kidding. All those pictures, and some of them stretched out in weird proportions, and the subject matter...

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 September 12, 09:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your desktop is too flashy, B. Mine just has a bland, generic, Windoze Classic Blue. No desktop wallpaper at all. Tongue No funny neonic curvy buttons. Just good, old fashioned, square, blocky.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 September 12, 10:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is my current desktop

This is what I have on my laptop

BTW What happens to deleted files if the rubbish bin is deleted from the desktop - does it just delete the icon?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 September 12, 10:33:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With Vista you can click Customize Destkop, then look for the 'Change Desktop Icons', when you have that open just uncheck the box next to the recycle bin. 

I don't know what happens if you just delete it though.
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 September 12, 10:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your desktop is too flashy, B. Mine just has a bland, generic, Windoze Classic Blue. No desktop wallpaper at all. Tongue No funny neonic curvy buttons. Just good, old fashioned, square, blocky.

Since Vista does the whole transparent borders thing, I like having something to see around the edges.

Also, to maximize your energy efficiency, you should really be using either an all black desktop if your display is CRT or an all white desktop for LCD.  I expect better from you.

Quote from: witch
BTW What happens to deleted files if the rubbish bin is deleted from the desktop - does it just delete the icon?

The recycle bin still exists; you just can't see it on the desktop.  As I mentioned, you can use CrapCleaner to empty the deleted files from time to time.

With Vista you can click Customize Destkop, then look for the 'Change Desktop Icons', when you have that open just uncheck the box next to the recycle bin. 

Well, that would explain why nobody has posted instructions for deleting the icon through the registry.  Here I was thinking I had been all clever, when in fact Microsoft beat me to the punch.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: