More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:05:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bon Voyage satisfaction
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bon Voyage satisfaction  (Read 40970 times)
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Bon Voyage satisfaction
« Reply #25 on: 2007 September 11, 15:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention the PIRATE SHIP Grin

Does anybody know if the pirate ship will fit on the largest residential lot?  I was amazed to see how big it is.  Anybody know its exact dimensions?
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 September 11, 16:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anybody know if the pirate ship will fit on the largest residential lot?  I was amazed to see how big it is.  Anybody know its exact dimensions?

Its dimensions are 26x9, but it requires a beach (unless you place it with move objects, of course).

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 September 11, 17:27:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every time I play a beach lot I'm astonished at how beautiful it is.  With the new neighborhood objects for the water, you can make a secluded cove that feels realistic.  The objects for the ruins are cool, as is the Pirate Ship and all the decorative objects.  The fact that you can make a game out of collecting the vacation icons, or you can just play the way you normally would, is refreshing.  I love all of the vacation destinations, for different reasons.  I think Takemizu Village is my favorite- for the Legend and the learning to teleport (I could live without the reactions other sims have when someone teleports).  They definitely managed to infuse each destination with its own energy and vibe (even beyond the gestures and dances).  Even with the small annoyances, this is a very satisfying EP.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 September 11, 17:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And for those of us on the other side, it neatly captures the feel of journeying to a squalid third-world country: Everything is shitty and infested with bugs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 September 11, 17:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the walking too!  Hmmm, I wonder if you can walk in the regular neighborhoods?  I haven't really played anyone not on vacation since I got it.

Yes, the walking works in the regular hoods.  In fact, it's faster than even driving their own car, and has a more reliable method of picking who gets to go. Perfect for a family-owned business where only some of the family members work at it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 September 11, 17:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cars now seem to only be for travelling cross-neighborhood to downtown, or for going to work, yes. The drawback being that you have to tell everyone to run to the portal (and hope you picked the right portal), or else they will TAKE FOREVER to get there.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 September 11, 17:38:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like you can walk across sub-hoods in the main neighborhoods, so silly as it seems the sims can even walk to downtown I believe.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 September 11, 18:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the walk to lot feature too, for once I might keep a few of the Maxis lot which did not had enough place to put a driveway on it. 

The new turnon/off but I am wondering if the new sims coming with the ep or that are created by the game are actually using them, I have yet to see a Maxis sim created with a pleasure aspiration, are there any with BV now?  The traveller family did not use any of the new turnons/off  but I know it could just have been a bad default spin, unless they always come with the same turn ons/off.  In all, it is nice to have a bigger variety.

Big foot is kind of fun.

Having 3 new ways for sims to woohoo.  Tent one is perticularly cute.

Having a bigger variety of roof style and colors.

The new furniture in general are nice too.

purplebunny
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 September 11, 21:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new turnon/off but I am wondering if the new sims coming with the ep or that are created by the game are actually using them, I have yet to see a Maxis sim created with a pleasure aspiration, are there any with BV now?  The traveller family did not use any of the new turnons/off  but I know it could just have been a bad default spin, unless they always come with the same turn ons/off.  In all, it is nice to have a bigger variety.

I regenerated the base 'hoods to play with while waiting for hacks to be updated, and Bella Goth (Strangetown version) now is turned on by men who can clean, I believe.

behold_the_muse
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 September 11, 22:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know lots of people got sick of Tai Chi already, but it's a really really quick way of maxing their body skill.
snabul
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 September 11, 22:58:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like that spreading of the pirate song, the greetings, dances and so on.

Stuff like this makes me wish to understand more about modding, to make custom legends and animations.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 September 11, 23:41:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stuff like this makes me wish to understand more about modding, to make custom legends and animations.

I don't like how much things spread; I would prefer them to be completely unspreadable, actually, so that to learn them a Sim would have to actually go on the right vacation and perform the correct actions. But I do like the idea behind them, and would love to be able to make a completely custom vacation destination with new greetings and everything.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Ryslin
Dimwitted Dunce

I/E NF P/J- Yah , what about it?

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 September 12, 04:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I enjoy the new interactions. I now can have a shrine on my "cult" lot. I adore the tea set. Being able to swim in the ocean, tan so on is a blast. Hula for everyone!

I did not expect this one to be a hit with me, I only got it for the extra turn on/offs. I am presently surprised.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 September 12, 06:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am fascinated with Asian culture and I've always wanted to visit, so I really like that they put an Asian themed destination. The first thing that I did after installing the game was to take my sims on a Far East vacation and explore every corner of every lot. I loved the dragon story, I love the ninja, I love the Asian food options, I love the pagoda roofs, I love the kimonos. And the new deco stuff is going to get a LOT of use in my sim's houses back in the base hood.

Same here.  Before this EP I downloaded SO MUCH Asian themed stuff, so clearly I have no issue with having more.  And now that I can actually build places that look Asian...with the new roofs and stuff...w/o having to learn any fancy building techniques...woohoo even better b/c I am lazy like that.

Every time I play a beach lot I'm astonished at how beautiful it is.

Maybe it sounds a bit corny *giggle* but I agree.  The first time I set up a pretty beach lot I was like oooooooo look at the pretties!  Can honestly say that is the first time this game has spawned such a reaction from me.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 September 12, 08:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started playing last night, and so far I am impressed. The game installed and loaded with no problems or issues whatsoever, and I bypassed the launcher. I decided to send one of my original Strangetown families plus one guest to an island holiday, and as they have mega$$ I had them buy a beach house. The first thing that I liked was when they grabbed their suitcases to leave for the trip. Then, when they arrived at the beach house, I was thrilled at the details and prettiness. I sent them all to play on the beach first thing.

The guest is not controllable so he goes everywhere in his pyjamas, which is amusing. Also, one of my family members is a servo, I was a bit worried that servos were not going to be able to go on vacation as they cannot go to Uni (even using Christialov's hack).

Build and buy mode are enabled at their house, which came sparsely furnished. I was very pleased that inventories are accessible at the vacation house too.

There is a lot of extra gameplay added. I have read about the various things to do but not exactly how to do them, so that is going to be fun finding out.

Chance cards while on tours also make things very interesting. I got a disastrous chance card on my very first tour.

The trees, plants, and decorative objects are going to add a lot to building options. It was strange playing with no hacks or CC but I am going to put the compatible stuff in tonight.

More F than you
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 September 12, 08:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anything happen to the Servos when they try to swim in the sea?
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 September 12, 08:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Knowing EAxis, more than likely not   Roll Eyes
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 September 12, 09:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Knowing EAxis, more than likely not   Roll Eyes

Well, nothing we haven't seen before, anyway.  They react just like servos who've jumped in the pool -- power drained all the way, but the servo itself is not completely shorted out.  Which is too bad, I'd kind of like to see servos commit suicide that way Smiley
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 September 12, 10:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So they don't run amok trying to electrocute people then?  *sniff* Cry
snabul
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 September 12, 12:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "funny shrine" reminds me of  the party gooddies of SimSlice, as do the bees that swarm randomly after the tours.

@neriana
I made a custom vacation destination called O.R.B.I.T. (inspired by PARANOIA tm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia_(role-playing_game)), that is a space station. My alien offspring and the robots go there.

Next project is Transilvania, a gothic theme, making vacations comfortable for vampires.

I like BV and thanks to the great modders around here my game is still running...
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 September 12, 15:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll give EAxis an A+ for the new option of "go someplace" when your Sims decides to drive to a destination.  The driver gets to pick who comes along or stays home.

No more cats or dogs going to dinner with the family.  Yipee!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 September 12, 16:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll give EAxis an A+ for the new option of "go someplace" when your Sims decides to drive to a destination.  The driver gets to pick who comes along or stays home.

Ah! So they used the same dialog as the 'Walk to...' menu?  Cool -- guess Ste's ownablecarpoolfix is officially obsolete now. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 September 12, 17:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, while they oobered up quite a few things, I have to admit that I damn near fell out of my chair at the site of THE GRAND PIANO!

Of course, I had a sim get stuck at it while playing yesterday, but there's A GRAND PIANO in the game at long last.

And the trees! So many new trees! Another welcome addition.

As usual they didn't match the new stairs with new railings (apparently no one at Maxis ever looks at real homes/buildings?), but at least we have another stair option...

And it's nice to have a few more options of things that Simmies can 'buy' - even if the jewelry is horked at the moment.

And must agree with ziggydoodle re the 'go someplace' menu - at last!

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 September 12, 18:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing with 'hood deco last night, trying to mask the evening that the game does to the coast when beach lots are added. You can add quite a few of the new deco objects into the actual lots, now. When playing the lot, if your camera isn't too close they still show up. I added a peninsula with trees and a couple of rocks to the beach lot I'm playing, and with the deco starfish I have (CC) and a few beach chairs/umbrellas, my ticket-beach looks fantastic. I even lay a hottub partially intersecting one of the 'hood deco rocks and it still works.

However, hottub + 74 degree temp (sim style) equals lots of visitors with heat stroke, even with Pescado's temp fixes. Had one croak on me and had to close down the beach for the day.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2007 September 12, 18:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah! So they used the same dialog as the 'Walk to...' menu?  Cool -- guess Ste's ownablecarpoolfix is officially obsolete now. Smiley

Sweet!  Now I won't have to bother updating that borked thing anymore. Cheesy

Ste

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: