More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:58:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bon Voyage satisfaction
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bon Voyage satisfaction  (Read 40977 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Bon Voyage satisfaction
« on: 2007 September 11, 00:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thought it would be useful to have a thread to discuss the things you actually *like* about BV.

One thing I discovered today - you can delete subhoods now.  Not just delete them if there's another of the same type - you can delete them completely without having to replace them.

Added a downtown and now decided you don't want it?  Just delete it *poof* gone!  I'm liking this bit!  Grin
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Bon Voyage satisfaction
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 11, 00:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like...the uh...box.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 11, 00:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really liking the new objects and building..umm stuff.  I think for a change they did a really good job with those things this EP, and b/c I love to build and decorate things, it benefits me more than adding a bunch more interactions and things of that nature.

I really love the little animation that goes along with the legend of the dragon story... it's just different in a good way.

The beach lots/swim-able oceans were probably almost worth the entire price of the EP for me...I seriously like them that much.  I was always improvising this before trying to make it look that way, b/c one of my favorite most played 'hoods is a lot of water front properties that I wanted to look beachy... not necessarily tropical or anything.

Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 11, 01:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My favourite thing so far is the grand piano! I've been wanting a new piano since the game first came out. The original one is ridiculously themed and didn't look right in anybody's house (who lives in a Saloon from a Western film?) When I saw it in the catalogue I practically danced for joy! (what can I say - I have no life)

Other good things include the new turn ons/offs because I always thought there should be more of them; the new walk between lots feature because it seems more realistic, especially for students on campus; the holiday memories that you can aquire because I like having a new goal to aim for; and actually all the new holiday activities, they're a nice break from the usual routine of my sims lives.

Overall I think this might become my favourite expansion pack after Seasons once all the little problems are ironed out.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 11, 01:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just discovered the axe-throwing thing -- I like that.  Too bad the sims can't throw them at other sims, though.  (JMP? Smiley )

The new build mode stuff is pretty good.  Lots of new paintings and sculptures, too, that look pretty decent.

And finally -- more trees and plants!

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
EntropyGuardian
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 11, 01:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Going on vacation seems like it would be something you would want to do more than once, unlike University.

I don't get the Asian theme though.. what with the Chinese New Year theme in the Holidays pack as well. Is the Sims supposed to be really popular in Asia or what? Seems a bit weird. Travel to the mountains, the tropics, and ASIA.  Huh
julialenn
Blathering Buffoon

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 11, 01:12:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-I like the traveler memory things, for some reason.  Perhaps it's because it's a different goal to go after other than spawning hellions and working up the corporate ladder.
-I also LOVE that we can make beach lots.
-I like the new turn ons, but I wish they came with the reverse option so that people can be turned off by lack of skills.-
-My romance sims like the idea of having a lover at every 'port'
-I liked the pirate sea chantey for about five minutes before I wanted my sims to shut up
-I like that my sims can now walk to the next-door lot instead of taking a taxi.

overall, I've no major complaints except that I seem to be too stupid to figure out why my computer won't let me keep a custom neighbourhood.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 11, 01:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beach lots are a definitely plus in my book. I'm probably going to make a whole custom Uni hood that's nothing but beaches.  Grin

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 11, 01:21:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really love the little animation that goes along with the legend of the dragon story... it's just different in a good way.
You should see the Notovny Interpretation of the story from the images.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 11, 02:23:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get the Asian theme though.. what with the Chinese New Year theme in the Holidays pack as well. Is the Sims supposed to be really popular in Asia or what? Seems a bit weird. Travel to the mountains, the tropics, and ASIA.  Huh

I am fascinated with Asian culture and I've always wanted to visit, so I really like that they put an Asian themed destination. The first thing that I did after installing the game was to take my sims on a Far East vacation and explore every corner of every lot. I loved the dragon story, I love the ninja, I love the Asian food options, I love the pagoda roofs, I love the kimonos. And the new deco stuff is going to get a LOT of use in my sim's houses back in the base hood. Even learning to bow was neat! After a 3 day trip I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of that location, I'll definitely be sending my sims back.

The mountain one looks the least interesting to me, but I'm sure I'll like it once I try it out. I also really like the vacation memories thing. I even like the stupid souvenirs. New turn ons and turn offs have been a long time coming, and I'm thrilled to finally get them!

Notovny's interpretation is hysterical.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 11, 02:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim meditate at the Zen garden in one of the asian parks, and he kept disappearing and appearing.  He was there with his wife, and when I went looking for him, all I saw was his plumbob.  After a minute or so, he faded into view.  It was rather cool.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 11, 02:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the hotels, they're very hotel like.  I like the sandcastles and the pirate ship.  I haven't had a chance to see any other locations yet, but the Travellers had an excellent 6 day vacation and did pretty much everything except learn to hula, because NO ONE was hula dancing on any lot we went on.

But overall, I had a complete blast with it.

And with Nailati's face templates in place before firing it up, I had lots of pretty townies to look at.

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 11, 03:51:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Love the beach lots, really. Yeah, they override curviness in your terrain and straighten the shore, but that can be masked with some good breakwaters. I have one lot right now that I'm playing where the twin boys come home from school and immediately run to the beach to make a sandcastle and swim. Plus, I've ticket-biz'ed it so townies come to hang out.

*I like hidden things, so the secret lots on the vacation isles are nice, plus I'm trying to collect all the diggables/buyables to see what kind of special effects that shelving case is supposed to give dependant on what you put there.

*Camping is great.

*Lots more people for my simmies to meet (I like a flood of possible partners to pick the best from, which is why I'm always switching face template sets and generating townies).

*The vacation memory goals are really cute and will probably amuse me through a couple sims. Even though I'm having issues with getting the dance ones to stick for some reason...

*Yay for prints! I used to do paintings for sim pics and add a custom frame, but having true photos looks better for most purposes. And I don't seem to be having the warping issue I always had with photos taken with the artist reward object.

*I do like the accessories, even if I think they are flat-looking. Let's face it, the whole game is a bit flat-looking (well, sim-wise). I'm working on doing some default replacements, but I can't find the simple stud piercings in the object packages.

As for the piano...of course it's great to have a grand. But I do like the original. The original is what I grew up playing, and has nothing to do with a saloon! The majority of people own uprights, not grands. They're cheaper and take up less room.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 11, 04:02:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far i gotta say i like it, i like the extra stuff their simple but a big improvement.  The beach lots, new turn ons (took them long enough) and especially the little goal panel for vacations are all very nice, and let's not forget the WALK to place function.  The witch doctor house lot was cool how you needed to help him repair everything to get a gift, shame they don't have more goal type things like that in the game.  Overall i gotta say i'm quite happy with it.  I was a bit annoyed though that my vampire sims couldn't lay down on the beach to soak up some moon rays like normal sims can do with the sun.
julialenn
Blathering Buffoon

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 11, 06:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was quite amused today to discover that sims can WooHoo in a hammock.  It's a rather amusing animation.
They can WooHoo in the sauna, too, but the animation isn't nearly as funny.

I didn't know this until one of my slut romance sims rolled up the wants.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 11, 06:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep discovering little things that leave me most impressed.  It bugged me that the seasons careers LTWs were "reach top of XXX career".  BV has changed them - you now see things like "become space pirate", so the seasons careers have been brought into line with the others.  I'm liking it! Smiley
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 11, 07:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the new public toilet recolours, all the vacation lots, hotels and secret destinations. I thoroughly enjoyed tracking down the dances and greetings (my Traveller family has them all!) and I'm now working on spreading them throughout all the vacation areas, university and the home neighbourhoods  Grin  So far it's been a case of waiting for my Traveller family to initiate it so all anyone has really learned is the Hula so far hehe.  I'm going to rebalance the scales later today when I play that family, I may take them downtown and infect the townies with the new cultures. 

I love that sims can now autonomously Smustle!  It's something I've always wanted actually and now my dormies all have a good reason to be stinky all the time, they love to Hula too which is fine by me. 

The new Teleport skill is very useful (and cool looking too), I want a lot of my sims to learn it so that means a lot of trips to Takemizu (sp?). 

I love the building blocks for the ruins, some really cool lots (and stories) could be made out of those, though I'm not good at either.

New Turn-ons/Turn-offs are not something to be sniffed at, and these are actually decent enough to break up the monotony.

Digging for treasure/Combing for seashells is fun, and can be done on dorm lots too.

Overall I'm having a very good time playing BV, even when my sims are not on holiday.  I hated the original version, (found it boring) but Bon Voyage is lots of fun.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 11, 08:20:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep discovering little things that leave me most impressed.  It bugged me that the seasons careers LTWs were "reach top of XXX career".  BV has changed them - you now see things like "become space pirate", so the seasons careers have been brought into line with the others.  I'm liking it! Smiley
Hmm. That may not be a good thing, since it may break the LS LTWs, which relied on the non-specificity of the stringset for function.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 11, 10:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to admit that I love this EP - except for some annoyances JMP has already taken care of (tai chi obsession and the like). I'm especially fond of Twikki island, I think it's beautifully done (I like the ruins, I stayed on one of those lots forever - it was already dark and it rained, the atmosphere was perfect). I also like the new actions (if they don't become obsessive, of course), not to mention the PIRATE SHIP Grin

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 September 11, 10:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for the piano...of course it's great to have a grand. But I do like the original. The original is what I grew up playing, and has nothing to do with a saloon! The majority of people own uprights, not grands. They're cheaper and take up less room.

I don't dislike it because it's an upright. I also grew up playing an upright and of course that's what most people have and is the most realistic to have in the game. I'd actually prefer to use an upright because I do like my sims houses to look realistic. What I don't like about it is the weird carving/decoration on the front of the piano and the strange unvarnished wood it seems to be made from, that's what reminds me of a saloon from a Western and makes it look out of place. All the pianos I've ever seen in people's houses are flat and plain at the front and made from shiny varnished wood and I think that looks much more elegant.
Khaki
Exasperating Eyesore

HMPH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 September 11, 14:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love it. The trees are freaking awesome! If I could fuck an EP, this would be the one.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2007 September 11, 14:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love it. The trees are freaking awesome! If I could fuck an EP, this would be the one.

ROFL!

I like all the new stuff, especially the new trees in lot and neighbourhood view. The new bed set and furniture is nice too. Slightly disappointed with the new clothing though, makes me glad I got the H&M pack. Luuurve the beach lots! The new neighbourhood terrains are great too, I love the Three Lakes and Takemizu Village ones. Perfect for little hoods.

pixiejuice
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 September 11, 15:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the trees are gorgeous!  They're going to be of much use in my custom base neighborhood which is kind of a woodsy suburban lake town Smiley 

I love the walking too!  Hmmm, I wonder if you can walk in the regular neighborhoods?  I haven't really played anyone not on vacation since I got it.

And I love the beach lots.  I would love them even more if they came in some smaller sizes.  Anyone know yet if we can build out over the water?  I guess I should go try it and find out Wink 

Definitely one of the better EPs.

yet another sims 2 blog: http://lakesideheights.blogspot.com/
sgestner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 September 11, 15:32:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay!!  Finally a positive thread...I was getting tired of reading all of bitchin' and moanin' when I check MATY earlier.

The vacation EP was the only one that I consistently played with the original Sims, so I love the BVEP...love that you can order room service, love that they can swim in the ocean, love that they can plan a vacation with friends...and the new stuff is really  nice...love the bed with the curtainy things on the posts...

...AND have not had any issues with the EP so far...
Nova
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 September 11, 15:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I could fuck an EP, this would be the one.

I am oddly amused by this statement.  You exhibit such disturbed passion! 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: