More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 14:05:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bon Voyage satisfaction
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bon Voyage satisfaction  (Read 41543 times)
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Bon Voyage satisfaction
« Reply #75 on: 2007 September 17, 11:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's lovely Havelock.

The redheadet Lady and the Wolf are my sims the other are nonplayables gathered by the Wolf and the Lady to watch the Waves. Had it first autonomous happen with two Dogs. It was so Awwww. They gain Fun and Social by do this.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007 September 17, 16:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was going to ask how you got a dog on vacation, but I guess you brought the vacation to the dog. Smiley  I have a custom shopping district in my test hood (Strangetown) that's desert, but I'm going to take a page out of your book and make a public beach like that when I go back to my main hood (Pleasantview with the original Bluewater Village).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007 September 17, 17:40:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine is kind of the opposite. My main 'hood is Queen's Cove (the Donut terrain), with now three occupied lots as the twins have grown up and Logan is on his own in a slightly Asian-styled beach house, and Ninja Bigfoot is off living in the woods by the mountains. No community lots there due to the setup rules of the neighborhood. All community lots are downtown, on the mainland (most of the downtown terrain is water, and then just a straight coast with the land going off the edge). The hoodies only go to the mainland for necessities, no fun (theoretically it's too far of a trip). But the mainlanders come in droves to visit the public beach at Sean's (he's gotten married to a frequent beach goer, Laura, and mom and her new hubby moved into the renovated basement and have a nice little apartment down there), and now the convenience store at Logan's. Next new house I'm going to try to set up a bed & breakfast...then I can start parcelling out land for community lots and moving townies into their own households bit by bit.

I like the gradual growth of a community...just usually don't have the patience to sit it through. It's just slow because...well. Despite the fact that Lilly (the mom) had just over $100,000 at one point, she's down to maybe $20,000 after buying a vacation home, furnishing the apartment, and giving Logan money to buy his house. Sean is a jobless wonder and spends his days teaching the beachgoers Tai Chi. While the beach is at level 7 and technically $25 is considered the cheap price, it seems weird to charge them more than $10...especially since there's that risk factor with having a hottub out in the open during the summer. I've lost two townies to heat stroke.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2007 September 17, 19:07:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was going to ask how you got a dog on vacation, but I guess you brought the vacation to the dog. Smiley  I have a custom shopping district in my test hood (Strangetown) that's desert, but I'm going to take a page out of your book and make a public beach like that when I go back to my main hood (Pleasantview with the original Bluewater Village).

It is a Comm Lot in Bluewater Village. Behind this lot (across the street) is the Big Toy Store with the Knights on it. I have only modyfied the Terrain in Sim City 4.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2007 September 17, 19:42:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so it won't work with an unmodified Bluewater?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2007 September 17, 20:48:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so it won't work with an unmodified Bluewater?

It works not good with the unmodified Bluewater. The Beach is not  made for such Lots. Its possible but not easy and after your Lots waterline the beach is bottomless. I would not recommend it. A side note dont use prebuild Beachlots they corrupt the hood terrain.

Here is the hood.

And here is the beach by Daylight.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/Havelock/Beach.jpg

You could see i have straightened the Waterline and made the Beach less deep.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 17, 21:24:45 by Havelock » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007 September 17, 21:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah -- care to share your modified Bluewater terrain? Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007 September 17, 22:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could have it.  Cheesy
But the Beach is not that straight as visible in the Picture and the Beachline is not flat.
I have made an empty Hood straightened the Beachline with small normal Lots (Lots should not be bigger as the green part of the Beach) and Bulldozed them. 
Made a Hoodsurgery on my normal Bluewater after that.
Be carefull if you try this. I recommend this only on a fresh created Bluewater without lots in it.

get it here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/24472588/a4e13747/City_-_New_City.html
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2007 September 17, 23:52:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks!  My bluewater has been going for a while, but heck -- I'll just backup everything and if I fubar it, I can restore it. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
feistyredhead
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007 September 20, 09:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am loving the fact that the Reggae station has THE first family of Reggae actually doing the songs... That was a slick move on EA/Maxis Part! I giggled at the simlish version of Damien Marley's "Welcome to Jamrock"

I just wish they would fix it to where you can have your favorite sim stations play all the time even in hood and cas screens

Beach lots are a wonderful thinng and I love how the sims sit by the water, makes for great pics Smiley

I wont call this my favorite [ NOTHING beats seasons for me, even though I still cannot see the damn fish in ponds and tanks] but this one didn't suck as much as pets did

ENFP
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2007 September 21, 10:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am loving the fact that the Reggae station has THE first family of Reggae actually doing the songs... That was a slick move on EA/Maxis Part! I giggled at the simlish version of Damien Marley's "Welcome to Jamrock"

I just wish they would fix it to where you can have your favorite sim stations play all the time even in hood and cas screens

I don't know if this suggestion will help but this is what I did.

I cannot stand ANY of the Maxis music and so turned it ALL off in the little music manager panel in options except the music in the radio stations tabs - I figured if they turned on salsa they should hear salsa.  OTOH, I never buy them stereo systems so I never hear it anyway.  I then put in some music I actually like (from another game AAMOF) in the Build folder (inside the Music folder in My Documents) - this music gets played everywhere: build, buy, neighbourhood, CAS.

Inteen for AL, yay!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2007 September 21, 13:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally had a chance to have a sim learn how to teleport from the Ninja, and I have to say I really like the new teleport animation.  I also like how other sims react when someone teleports away while they're looking, or teleports into their midst.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2007 September 21, 13:50:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only one of my sims has learnt to teleport so far, those Ninjas are very elusive and teleport away when someone so much as looks at them. I love their outfits.

More F than you
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2007 September 21, 15:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was chasing that bleeping Ninja from lot to lot! I had one Sim in the family who hadn't happened upon him by accident, and he refused to cooperate and say her answer was right.  He always appears in the same spot on the lots though. So I'd have the Sim arrive and run over to the spot, and just wait for him to appear.  Except on the one lot, I don't remember which now, he'd appear INSIDE a decorative fence that couldn't be stepped over, so I had to use the cheat to make an opening in the fence. :-P Stupid Eaxis.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2007 September 21, 17:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best part is that once they know how, Macrotastics uses it instead of the 'run to' action.  So they need to hit the bathroom?  Poof -- disappear and reappear in or just outside the bathroom.  Time to go to bed?  Poof -- appear right next to it.  Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: 2007 September 22, 06:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best part is that once they know how, Macrotastics uses it instead of the 'run to' action.  So they need to hit the bathroom?  Poof -- disappear and reappear in or just outside the bathroom.  Time to go to bed?  Poof -- appear right next to it.  Smiley

Really? WOW! Grin I didn't know that, none of my stupid sims have learned to teleport yet because they can't catch the stupid ninja!

Velda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2007 September 22, 09:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had zero success with the ninja while on vacation, so I cheated.  Cheesy  Before the Insimenator was updated for BV, I found I was able to summon the ninja at home with twojeffs' Find A Mate Crystal Ball.  He showed up for every Sim I tried it with, so I just kept summoning him and trying to answer his question until I got it right.  I love their reactions to someone teleporting.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007 September 22, 15:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ninja turned up a lot for me. Lilly got teleportation on the first try. Logan tried four times before I gave up. What I like best about this EP is the beauty potential:

Best wedding shot. (Lilly and second husband)

Kennedy making out with his girlfriend in the hot tub on the public beach.

Lilly catches a fishy on vacation.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007 September 22, 18:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My experience with the Ninja is that he is incredibly easy to find and learn the teleportation from.  I'm wondering if it's one of those things or a possible hack conflict making him harder to find for some people.  I did notice that once all eligible people to learn teleportation had learnt, that he stopped appearing.  I'm not sure whether teens can learn.

Agreed Zazazu - it looks lovely.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007 September 22, 22:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My experience with the Ninja is that he is incredibly easy to find and learn the teleportation from.  I'm wondering if it's one of those things or a possible hack conflict making him harder to find for some people.

Hm.  Manual-navigation, perhaps?  Do you use this in your game, maxon?

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2007 September 23, 01:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, teens can learn to teleport too.

I found him on every community lot (non-hotel ones) He just appears in odd spots- like on the sidewalk across the street from where you arrive, or the back corner of the lot.  I think people just aren't knowing where to look for him. If you don't get to him right away, he teleports away. I'd usually just wait for the lags in the game to start looking, before I knew the spot where he'd appear on each lot. The Ninja is the lag after the Tour Guide.  Cheesy  Then pause it while you search the lot for him or at least his flash.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2007 September 23, 02:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have BV, as I've sworn not to buy any more EPs- I'm just here to point out that you can delete subhoods even without BV. At any rate, I had no problem deleting Bluewater Village...
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2007 September 23, 08:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My experience with the Ninja is that he is incredibly easy to find and learn the teleportation from.  I'm wondering if it's one of those things or a possible hack conflict making him harder to find for some people.

Hm.  Manual-navigation, perhaps?  Do you use this in your game, maxon?

ATM I'm playing completely vanilla - well, no, not quite true from yesterday.  I've put the empty templates back in and have the no respawn hacks in but that's all.  I don't think I've ever used manual navigation.

Inteen for AL, yay!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2007 September 23, 08:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My experience with the Ninja is that he is incredibly easy to find and learn the teleportation from.
The appearance of the ninja is sadorandom. Once he appears, if you can catch him, there's an ~50/50 shot of getting the right "answer", which means you are wrong 90% of the time. Manual navigation has no effect on this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: