More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 21:51:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Doors stuck "in use"
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Doors stuck "in use"  (Read 4123 times)
marvine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Doors stuck "in use"
« on: 2007 September 21, 19:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM Pescado,
I'm hoping to get some support and convince you to release this fix...

Probably most of you noticed that issue with doors getting stuck in use when placed next to stairs tiles or other objects; not being a real player I didn't until recently, when working on my spiral stairs. So as a workaround I butchered the footprint, but JM Pescado mentioned that he made a fix for that (of course he did!) - except that Fat Gwilly People didn't ask for it yet Smiley

Well the issue is "solved" on my side, if not satisfyingly, but I shouldn't be the only one to think that this fix would be really useful?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Doors stuck "in use"
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 21, 19:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know what you mean, I have houses (downloaded ones, not mine) which have a one-tile wide corridor, and sims will go all round the house to get to the next room rather than go through the doorway 2 tiles away - I even got rid of the door and knocked down that one-tile of wall, but they still chose to go the other way!  (When I checked the door they had just come out of, it was apparently closed and there should have been no problem.  I even tried moving the door altogether, but whereas in an unplayed version of the house this was all I needed to do, once the house had been played, something was obviously preventing my sims from going past it, so I imagine I was getting the "door in use" problem too.

Zephyr Zodiac
marvine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 21, 20:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that's the same issue - in this  case, the doors just stayed open but the sims went through just fine. When trying to remove the doors, I got the "can't delete object in use" message.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 21, 20:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that's the same issue - in this  case, the doors just stayed open but the sims went through just fine. When trying to remove the doors, I got the "can't delete object in use" message.

I think I know what you mean.  I would get this even if I put a ceiling lamp up within 1 square of the door.  Once the lamp was moved to a "safe" two squares away, the door worked again.  I never saw this as a particular problem.

Tribulatio proxima est
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 21, 21:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM Pescado,

Probably most of you noticed that issue with doors getting stuck in use when placed next to stairs tiles or other objects; not being a real player I didn't until recently, when working on my spiral stairs. So as a workaround I butchered the footprint, but JM Pescado mentioned that he made a fix for that (of course he did!) - except that Fat Gwilly People didn't ask for it yet Smiley

Well the issue is "solved" on my side, if not satisfyingly, but I shouldn't be the only one to think that this fix would be really useful?

Props on the spiral stairs, bb. We were talking about you in RetardoLand.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 22, 03:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM Pescado,
Except you're not a Fat Gwilly Person. The rules are that only Fat Gwilly People have this power. Tongue
« Last Edit: 2007 September 22, 13:07:56 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 22, 13:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The way I "fix" this problem is by replacing the door with an archway.  Tongue

marvine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 22, 13:50:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The way I "fix" this problem is by replacing the door with an archway.  Tongue

Yes, works fine in case you don't need a real door. Well it seems that the issue doesn't bother many people, I'm probably seeing it bigger than it is because I had to find a solution for closed stairwells. Smiley
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 22, 19:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the front door to the grunt household never closes seeing as the very first thing buzz does is go out it to terrorize ripp. now logically i know this poses no real problem, but since seasons came out i keep hearing him bitching about the air conditioner. it sends me into fits of giggles when he races out the still open door to gripe at someone.

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 23, 13:01:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Gwill jumps up and down
Release fix!  Gwills want shiny!

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print