More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:52:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Anti Vacation Actions: Death to all Nesses
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anti Vacation Actions: Death to all Nesses  (Read 81607 times)
Sarimar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Anti Vacation Actions: Death to all Nesses
« Reply #50 on: 2007 October 22, 00:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How would one define a "fancy formal party"?

Guests and host in formal wear, having dinner and drinks and a civilized conversation, not acting like a bunch of lunatics. It's my fault though, I'm the one who sent the mayor on a vacation to Three Lakes.

And since the greetings can't be restricted, I'm just going to find them amusing from now on  Grin Thanks for the hack anyway, Your Royal Awesomeness.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 October 22, 00:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

not acting like a bunch of lunatics
I don't believe this is possible in the Sims.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 October 22, 01:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And since the greetings can't be restricted, I'm just going to find them amusing from now on  Grin Thanks for the hack anyway, Your Royal Awesomeness.
Strictly speaking, they COULD be deactivated from autonomous use entirely, but I kinda LIKE having my sims behave like a pack of nutters. I mean, have you seen Awesomeland lately? Pirate songs, slap-dancing, gorilloid chest-pounding, and FIGHT!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 October 22, 09:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The urge to spread these actions seems to die away by and by, if you only suppress them rigorously enough. One of my sims was obsessed with the sea chanty after his return from Melee Island, I was x-ing out ad infinitum (I would have killed him, but he's my favorite). Still, the only things his daughters (born long after his travel) were taught autonomously were the hanging loose gesture and the hula, which I approved of because their mother is an islander. I never saw a want or an attempt to sing the sea chanty ever again - I have high hopes that the knowledge will die with the "Sim who was best friends with Cpt. Dregg" Grin.

Actually, I have no problems with the chanty per se, but I hate it being sung by females (except drunk old whores with adequate voices), and there's no way to prevent it once the plague has begun to spread.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 October 22, 13:25:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strictly speaking, they COULD be deactivated from autonomous use entirely, but I kinda LIKE having my sims behave like a pack of nutters. I mean, have you seen Awesomeland lately? Pirate songs, slap-dancing, gorilloid chest-pounding, and FIGHT!

Sounds quite idyllic, in its way.  Formal parties are so much more fun when half the, say, wedding guests are slap dancing and pounding their chests, and the other half are upset that X is marrying Y "when she was obviously not my girl anyway, but damn I'm pissed off", and then fighting in the aisle while the happy couple exchanges rings.  Makes for a much more memorable day, in my view.

I think if my sims stood around having drinks and hors-d'oeuvres and engaging in "civilized" conversation, I'd have to kill some of them to liven things up.  Grim likes champagne on occasion.

Tribulatio proxima est
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 October 22, 18:58:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We are beggars here, not choosers. If it weren't for the bowing, slap dancing, and chest pounding, these sims would likely still be endlessly playing Punch U Punch Me, Pillow Fighting, RPS, Catch, and many other MUCH MORE annoying and stupid things.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 October 22, 19:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We are beggars here, not choosers. If it weren't for the bowing, slap dancing, and chest pounding, these sims would likely still be endlessly playing Punch U Punch Me, Pillow Fighting, RPS, Catch, and many other MUCH MORE annoying and stupid things.

Mine still pillow fight, outside, at places where there are no beds.  I don't care that much.  ACR helps a lot since if their gender pref is right, a lot of them will spend hours necking in the back yard.  I only have about 12 townies all told.  I should really check on their relationship scores with each other.  I'm sure the 'hood is crawling with crushes.

I get a bit annoyed by spontaneous sand castle building since it takes so long to break out of the queue.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 October 22, 20:45:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was keeping track of my townies for awhile, since they do all their "activities" on one lot...well, now the brothel is added in, but they get into huge smustle marathons more than they use the suites. It got too confusing. Janet Ball, especially, had around 8 guys she would get it on with. I made her the first whore at the brothel, so now at least she gets paid for it.

The only ones I keep track of now are my playables. My self-sim's daughter Ashley Dyer is all but shacking up with Kyle Young (scandal! She's a teen, he's an adult). Kennedy Young likes a little romp now and again with his wife Stella's Enemy #1, Rochelle Norris. Edmund Young samples Janet Ball's wares quite a bit...both at the beach and at work, but luckily the alien probe doesn't get jealous and has deemed him worthy of carrying the second alien overlord (both natural abductions). Other than that, my playables generally keep to their intended matches.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
RenegadeSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2007 October 28, 12:00:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims can become paid whores?  What do I need to make this possible?  I have one Sim in my hood who is poor and is a romance sim, so I'd want them to sell their ass for food-money - the only reason I don't is because I have no anti-jealousy thing and I don't want them to be in love to screw.  I also don't want all the sims in my hood to start screwing without being in love, just that one whore-to-be sim.

As for the greetings stuff - can touring vacationers spread greetings from other locales?  I had random people (non-locals) on the island come up to my Sim, trying to greet her with a bow, but I noticed they were bowing to the island locals as well.  I am unsure if any locals tried to do this with my sim (though I have this hack).
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 October 29, 14:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It requires a dollup of imagination, but yes. You need TwoJeff's ACR (from the Insimenator Inteen site). Then open up an OFB business. What I have is a community lot business with four little bedrooms, a bar, and a massage table. I have the business owner manning the massage table and an employee on the bar, then have a girl and guy whose uniforms are underwear with no assignment. Then set the ACR controller to Brothel and Ignore STR/LTR and gender preferences. The "whores" get paid for their time...either entertaining the customers or having some private time.

EDIT: Thanks, Dizzy. I was mixing up my small animal killers.
« Last Edit: 2007 October 31, 17:48:08 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 October 29, 22:26:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It requires a dollup of imagination, but yes. You need TwoJeff's ACR (from the Insimenator site).

Inteen site, that is.

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 November 25, 19:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the locals will still teach your sims the gestures.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: