More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 00:41:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Anti Vacation Actions: Death to all Nesses
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anti Vacation Actions: Death to all Nesses  (Read 81600 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Anti Vacation Actions: Death to all Nesses
« on: 2007 September 10, 22:07:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death to all Nesses.

antivacationactions.zip

Anti Vacation Actions for TS2BV
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado)

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

Special Thanks To:
Hobbsee the Scrawny Pencil Neck
Fat, Hairy-Bellied Ness
Rohina the Ugly Butted

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FEATURES:
Sims, particularly locals, will resist performing inappropriate vacation-related
actions:
Tai Chi will not be performed outside of Far East unless appropriately dressed.
Tai Chi will not be performed in other vacation neighborhoods.
No Slap/Hula Dancing by locals in other vacation neighborhoods.
No autonomous Sea Chanties in other vacation neighborhoods.

COMPATIBILITY:
This hack is fully compatible with all FFS hacks. For TS2BV.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Anti Vacation Actions: Death to all Nesses
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 11, 03:35:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just pointing out that there is already an update, and even though I've only just got the game reloaded it appears to have fixed the problem.

ETA: Still getting the errors when clicking on the currently selected sim.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 11, 03:47:39 by Ness » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 11, 06:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try now.

Death to all Nesses.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 11, 10:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The updated version is working.  No errors on home lots or vacation lots.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 11, 10:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did have one sim I couldn't direct to join a slap dance, even though one of the locals was doing it along with about 5 other sims. I don't know if there's any other reason a sim might not join. Otherwise fine, no more shanties or Tai Chi in the mountains. YAY!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 11, 12:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh and my one sim that knows how to fire dance do not have the option anymore, while on his home lot.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 11, 13:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This error should already be fixed in the current version. Redownload.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 11, 13:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This error should already be fixed in the current version. Redownload.

My version was dated September 10. 2007, 17:58:00, the downloadet had the same date and timestamp. So no its not fixed sorry.

Edit: I remember the other error sayd 'Interaction - Perform Tai Chi TEST' (whatever spelling) now it says "firedance"
« Last Edit: 2007 September 11, 14:18:35 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 11, 14:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange. It's fixed in my version, but I have reuploaded it again in case the server was stupid.

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 11, 14:38:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Redownloaded, the file is different (bigger and more recent). I will try it in game and report back.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 11, 14:51:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jep the current file was bigger and more recent. Works without Errors now. Baaaaaa!
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 11, 17:31:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this also applies to the gestures they learn?  If not, can these be added too.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 11, 17:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, currently, your sims are allowed to continue behaving like stupid tourists, but the locals won't catch the fever. At least, they're not supposed to.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 11, 17:55:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok thanks, I will check if the gestures are spreading too when I go on regular hood community lots.

If so, you will hear back from me for sure, Sims are annoying enough with that on home lots already....
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 11, 21:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Odd. I was under the impression that they didn't like this header tweaking, but that may just apply to PersonGlobal functions rather than interactions. I know for sure this kind of thing would at least cause a lot reset in a "function" tree.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 12, 01:42:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lot resets can be caused if you mess with the version-header or change the lines too much in some personglobals and globals, but usually not in peripheral interactions.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 13, 15:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hack is great.  I was thinking that Japanese sea chanty singers might be funny, but probably only for about 2 minutes.  One small issue: loading antivacationactions Sept 11 version appears to disable the ability to "invite over" using the maxis house phones in the main neighbourhood.  I can still invite household, but not the individual "invite over".

Did a couple of tests with and without the hack loaded.  With it loaded the "invite over" does not work, and with it unloaded, it works again.  That's as conclusive as I can be at the moment as no error messages popped on this (debug mode was on).

Just checking to see if this is supposed to be the case - i.e. is it a feature and not a bug?  Not sure if this is limited to my game, but I'm running with only awesome hacks at the moment (updated almost daily at present).

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 14, 11:14:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I place the blame squarely on tight pants, since my invite over works just fine, and this hack has nothing to do with invites. Perhaps your invite was simply made of fail.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 14, 13:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I place the blame squarely on tight pants, since my invite over works just fine, and this hack has nothing to do with invites. Perhaps your invite was simply made of fail.

OK then, I'll have to check to see what else might be causing this.  I doubt that looser pants will help, but you never know.

Update: OK, fixed - It was tight pants after all.  My apologies.  The mods are, as always, awesome.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 15, 01:22:14 by jolrei » Logged

Tribulatio proxima est
jriggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 September 14, 16:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just read somewhere this morning that this was happening to others and it may be another BV glitch (more work for Pes).  I havent checked my game yet but others were saying they were missing thier 'Invite 1 person over for right now ' interactin after installing BV.  Also no more trash bin for makeup or hair in CAS.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 September 16, 21:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi. Did you read the posts directly above you? Check your pants.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 September 17, 10:08:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did have one sim I couldn't direct to join a slap dance, even though one of the locals was doing it along with about 5 other sims. I don't know if there's any other reason a sim might not join.

I think the ability to join depends on available space. Yesterday, my sim wasn't able to join a tai chi group on a terrace, until one of the group quit and went inside the house and thus made room for her.

Does this hack influence local gestures towards tourists, too?

With Anti Vacation Actions installed, I have a sim not being greeted by any local ever, not even by those she is already friends with. She had to learn the bow from the Wise Old Man, on the very last day of her 7 days vacation. Same happens on Twikkii Island - no local would greet her with the hang loose gesture, though she is friends with some of them already, too. Witch Doctor learning is not an option, because of his sleeping sickness.

In my pre-AntiVacationActions game, my sims (three so far, all of which visited all three vacation destinations) learned the local gesture on day 2 at the latest, mostly by locals they've just met.

Coincidence, or does this hack stomp all actions from locals to tourists? Or does a sim have to be "best friends" with a local to earn such a preferential treatment (which would be cool btw)? Vice versa, everything's normal, stupid sims trying to bow to Twikkii locals etc. Grin

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 September 17, 20:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did have one sim I couldn't direct to join a slap dance, even though one of the locals was doing it along with about 5 other sims. I don't know if there's any other reason a sim might not join.

I think the ability to join depends on available space. Yesterday, my sim wasn't able to join a tai chi group on a terrace, until one of the group quit and went inside the house and thus made room for her.

Does this hack influence local gestures towards tourists, too?

With Anti Vacation Actions installed, I have a sim not being greeted by any local ever, not even by those she is already friends with. She had to learn the bow from the Wise Old Man, on the very last day of her 7 days vacation. Same happens on Twikkii Island - no local would greet her with the hang loose gesture, though she is friends with some of them already, too. Witch Doctor learning is not an option, because of his sleeping sickness.

I had two or three families on a holiday since installing this and they learned the local gestures very quick, so I think it is simply coincidence or at least not related to the hack. Since I am sending my sims on a holiday all the time at the moment, I got the impression that the events always work differently. The first sim digged and digged and would not find a map (he found a very expensive object though), since then I had other families which found maps immediately, sometimes all three of them, digging only once.
I had three island vacations which made me doubt that I would ever see a hula dance. I put a jukebox on a lot, but now they are hula dancing in other places (with only a speaker) too. Nobody would do Tai Chi in Asia, then suddenly, another family on holiday, you see Tai Chi everywhere.
Some of this might be related to the fact that I stopped their obsession for water balloon fights, but I noticed it before. I believed that some occurences - like finding a map - would always have the same likelihood, but now I think that it is completely random.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 September 18, 07:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, coincidence Wink - fired up my game and was greeted promptly by one of my local friends Cheesy.

occurences - like finding a map - would always have the same likelihood, but now I think that it is completely random.

It is - sometimes, my sims dig up 20 stones in a row, sometimes I get at least one map for every secret location in less than two ingame hours. All in my backyard, of course, which makes me wonder who'd lived there before (not to mention all the bones buried there) Grin.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 September 18, 08:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel better now. So far I have sent three different families on vacation, one to each of the three destinations. I saw neither hula dancing nor tai chi, and I visited all the lots.

I have been playing with this hack installed from the start.

The vacation locals do not use the local gestures to my sims, until my sims get a high enough relationship score for the gesture option to appear in their menus, and then the local will respond of course.

More F than you
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: