More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 15:50:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Water balloons getting on my nerves
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Water balloons getting on my nerves  (Read 5508 times)
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Water balloons getting on my nerves
« on: 2007 September 10, 15:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I searched and failed. Is there a hack that kills the water balloon play? There is a slight lag before it begins, normally not very annoying. Now my sims are on week long vacations though, and the lots are full of non-busy sims thinking hitting complete strangers with a condom full of water is a great idea, the lag is seriosly grating.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
Re: Water balloons getting on my nerves
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 10, 16:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of Monique's non-autonomy hacks over at MTS2 prevents waterballon fighting (can't give you the link because I'm at work and don't have access to MTS2, sorry. It's easy to find, though). I couldn't live without it. So far it seems to work fine with BV, at least for me.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 10, 16:06:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Monique has a 'no autonomous water balloon' hack. Although it says it is for Seasons, I checked and it is clean for BV. Smiley

[eta] Darn you sloppyhousewife, beat me to it Cheesy

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 10, 17:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have added Monique's one yesterday, she posted yesterday in her blog which of her mods needs an update and that one was not among the list and was mention to be safe to use with BV.

BTW, Pescado antiprank mod has been updated to include sort of a partial no-autonomous balloon fight for those who prefer the action not to be totally blocked.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 11, 01:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind it occasionally, but why does it have to be one of those autonomous actions that you have to cancel yourself - I mean, they can tear themselves away from the telly any time they need to eat or pee, but so many things they like to do they just can't stop!  I think it was one of the better things about Sims1 - they played chess until someone won, and then they stopped, now they just go on, and visitors who've started playing chess seem to stay forever!

But I par5ticularly dislike the autonomous things like water balloons where you have to watch out that your sim doesn't freeze.

Zephyr Zodiac
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 11, 02:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the damn pillow fights that piss me off. Here they are, on the beach, with alot to do, and they pull pillows out of their asses and start beating each other with them. It annoys the hell out of me.

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 11, 03:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's what happens when you use ex-Toy Story people to work on The Sims!  They think all the people who play the game are about 7 years old!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 11, 08:19:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the damn pillow fights that piss me off. Here they are, on the beach, with alot to do, and they pull pillows out of their asses and start beating each other with them. It annoys the hell out of me.
Try "noroadpillows". Blocks autonomous pillowfights away from pillows.

And yes, antiprankhack will suppress the balloon fighting.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 11, 09:16:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found getting rid of the water balloon fights has cured my lag issues, at least in a vanilla game where it is the only hack. Mind you at the end of my sims vacation some silly elders were begining to pillow fight. They simply have to replace one stupid action with another.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 12, 04:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded Moniques NA water balloon hack a few days ago, and it seems to work everywhere BUT on vacation lots...but then, maybe I'm crazy.   Oh--nevermind.  I have two hacks dedicated to this action, which I'm sure is causing an issue.

I'm still waiting for a completely pillow fight free Sims world.  I have JM's noroadpillows, and while it works correctly, I swear my Sims find an excuse to wander into a bedroom just so they can have a friggin' pillow fight!

Also, for those of you sick of the ridiculousness of the action, I recommend finding the noautonomousdanceontoes.package.  I think it's a Squinge hack that I found in the graveyard (it's in the wrong damn folder, so I'm not sure), but regardless, it has saved many Sim lives.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 12, 04:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recommend finding the noautonomousdanceontoes.package.  I think it's a Squinge hack that I found in the graveyard (it's in the wrong damn folder, so I'm not sure), but regardless, it has saved many Sim lives.
Yep, it's a Squinge hack. I'm using it and it works like a charm. He also has a no water balloons hack that works too.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 12, 04:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still waiting for a completely pillow fight free Sims world.

I am too, specifically for a hack that quashes the pillow fight want. Sims are out at a nice restaurant, so of course they want to pillow fight!

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 12, 04:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pillow fight want will be looked into as part of wfsanity...if it hasn't already.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 12, 05:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pillow fight want will be looked into as part of wfsanity...if it hasn't already.

I have wfsanity and they're still wanting to pillow fight, no matter how serious they are... unless there's a new version since like 2 days ago? *goes to look*

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 12, 05:48:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That means it will be examined in the future. Can't remember whether I ever addressed that particular nuisance or not.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: