More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 07, 12:37:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6517 Members
Latest Member: zebez
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Graphics problem.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Graphics problem.  (Read 5514 times)
JennyJenny
Corpulent Cretin

ISTJ? Really?

View Profile
Graphics problem.
« on: 2007 September 09, 21:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anyone can help me fix whatever caused this I will be THRILLED. I have BV installed and I have played 3 times since I installed it. The first time (w/ no hacks, just objects and genetics and whatnot) no problems, long loading times, all was as expected, the 2nd time I had put ACR in my downloads folder, things were still fine. The third time I had downloaded a new hair and compressed my downloads folder.

Then this happened http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q131/PollyNo9/weirdness.jpg?t=1189367491

It also happened in the neighborhood screen (the house's plumbobs were all... dim and line-y) and the water was black. But, oddly this only happens when the camera is stationary (in the neighborhood and in the houses) So I took out my compressed downloads folder and replaced it w/ my backed up one, and this is still happening.

I have updated my drivers and completely removed my downloads folder and done all the other stuff I can think of. As far as I'm concerned my next step is to re-install my game, but hopefully someone w/ more knowledge can give me another idea.

Edited for: A dumb mistake

Inge:We judge by God's own criteria of correct punctuation and inspired fightliness.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
Re: Graphics problem.
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 09, 23:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you please tell me your computer stats? (like processor speed, graphics card, RAM, etc)

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
JennyJenny
Corpulent Cretin

ISTJ? Really?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 09, 23:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, and thanks.

I've got a NVIDIA GeForce 7500 LE, 2.6 GHz processor, 2 GB RAM and I am not sure what else matters, so if I missed something important let me know

Inge:We judge by God's own criteria of correct punctuation and inspired fightliness.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 10, 01:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd guess that the graphics card is your problem. There has been a history of NVIDIA graphics cards having trouble with TS2. It was a driver issue, and they claim to have fixed it. But since Bon Voyage came out I've been seeing reports of NVIDIA problems resurfacing. The problems that I have seen reported include graphical errors/weirdness and game crashes. I just checked the offical site and a SimMaster has said that the driver is in fact broken with Bon Voyage.

That said, this is way outside of my area of expertise so I don't have a fix for you. I wish that I could be more helpful, but hopefully I've pointed you in a useful direction.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
JennyJenny
Corpulent Cretin

ISTJ? Really?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 10, 01:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, at least now I know it isn't anything *I* did, which is nice. Thank you.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 10, 02:16:02 by JennyJenny » Logged

B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 10, 10:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try using Nvidia's beta drivers:
If you are running XP 32 bit click here.
If you are running Vista 32 bit click here.
All other Operating Systems, click here.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 10, 23:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also go into the nvidia controller and check that they're all checked to application controlled where possible. I had mine cranked up under Seasons and when BV broke the driver again and forced me back to boolprop useShaders false to get the game to run for even 20 minutes I got those wacky lines. Reseting the controls to application fixed that.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
JennyJenny
Corpulent Cretin

ISTJ? Really?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 10, 23:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I should mention that I do have Vista, and thanks to B for suggesting that fix. Unfortunately no dice.

And I'd try Madame Mim's advice, but  I am not sure about going into the NVIDIA controller, where would I find that?

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 11, 00:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, not sure about Vista, but if you're using the latest NVidia driver the controller should be in your task bar. Alternatively - right click on the desktop (assuming this still works as in XP) and select 'Properties' 'Settings' tab 'Advanced' button 'Your Video Cards Name' tab 'Start The NVidia Control Panel'

The bit you then want to play with is 'Manage 3D Settings'. Just find which ones have the option 'Application Controlled' and make sure it's selected.

Although you may also need to update to the latest driver as that is what I am running and I don't know at what point the control panel was added.

B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 11, 10:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I'd try Madame Mim's advice, but  I am not sure about going into the NVIDIA controller, where would I find that?

Easiest way is to right click the desktop and select "NVIDIA Control Panel" from the menu.  The settings Madame Mim refers to can be found under 3D Settings->Manage 3D Settings.
JennyJenny
Corpulent Cretin

ISTJ? Really?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 21, 17:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice, but none of it worked. I now have a new question, and a new picture of the same problem only worse and/or way more obvious http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q131/PollyNo9/simspic.jpg

My new question: Is this something that will be potentially be fixed by an nvidia update? Or is my card broken for good and I should buy a new one?

Edited for: Diction
« Last Edit: 2007 September 21, 18:55:29 by JennyJenny » Logged

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 22, 00:38:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to a French lady (who is having whopping great triangles manifesting all through her game) the French Official Sims site is promising an NVidia fix in their next patch - and soon.

According to some other people I spoke to yesterday (not Sims gamers - but definately gamers) a lot of new release games are getting jerky frame-rates, triangles, imperfect rendering and the old favourite, crashing. NVidia seems to have dropped the ball again. The current consensus is that if using the shaders cheat, etc doesn't work try turning off anti-aliasing in the video card settings and just hope like crazy that NVidia pulls it's finger out fast - of which we have way more of a chance if they really are having problems with more than just Sims.

JennyJenny
Corpulent Cretin

ISTJ? Really?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 22, 03:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad to hear it, I was not looking forward to trying to convince hubby that we need a new graphics card for our 5 month old PC.  Thank you again.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: