More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 22:59:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Replacing the Secret Society lot?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Replacing the Secret Society lot?  (Read 4156 times)
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Replacing the Secret Society lot?
« on: 2007 September 12, 15:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone nuked their secret society lot to replace it with one of their own design?  This is something I want to do, but I have an innate aversion to being a test subject.  Currently, my plan is to visit the secret society lot, 'changeLotZoning' cheat the lot to commercial, then leave.  Hopefully this will result in the ability to bulldoze the former secret society lot and build anew.  I am interested to know if anyone has done this successfully or if they have a better way.

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Re: Replacing the Secret Society lot?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 12, 15:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rebuilt a secret society lot to make one that was legal for the triple challenge (an Ethiopian emailer at College), but if I recall correctly, I just started with the regular lot and took all the walls down. I can check later this afternoon.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 12, 15:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I modify the SS lot extensively using build/buy mode when my sims visit.  So far I had not thought to simply changelotzoning and so had never been able to see the SS from neighbourhood view.  That might also be a way to replace the SS in one university with the SS from one of the other default universities, if one prefers one over the others.

I had thought of building an uber-SS at one point, including more of the career skilling objects - this might be a way to do that.

Tribulatio proxima est
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 12, 17:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps a bit a clarification is required.  I have a custom university that is over two years old and it has had a lame mEAxis secret society lot that I placed there in the beginning.  What I am hoping to accomplish is the removal of this lot so that I can build one of my own from the ground up, on a new lot.  As far as I know, the game only allows one secret society per university neighborhood, so the old lot presumably must be removed before adding a new one.  Removing the old lot is at the center of the issue since the lot is apparently not selectable from the neighborhood view in any way.

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 12, 17:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps a bit a clarification is required.  I have a custom university that is over two years old and it has had a lame mEAxis secret society lot that I placed there in the beginning.  What I am hoping to accomplish is the removal of this lot so that I can build one of my own from the ground up, on a new lot.  As far as I know, the game only allows one secret society per university neighborhood, so the old lot presumably must be removed before adding a new one.  Removing the old lot is at the center of the issue since the lot is apparently not selectable from the neighborhood view in any way.
To disintegrate an SS lot, you will have to use SimPE to delete the Lot Descriptor and then delete the lot file entry. Then you should be able to create a new one.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 12, 18:33:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To disintegrate an SS lot, you will have to use SimPE to delete the Lot Descriptor and then delete the lot file entry. Then you should be able to create a new one.

So, is there a version of SimPE that works with BV?  I had the latest Uni one going, and then upgraded to BV.  This naturally started giving me error messages and threatening me with total BFBVFS, should I even try to adjust anything.  So I went up to get the latest version, which is not updated for BV, and naturally error messages again.  However, it sounds like there is something out there that is still working for people.  JMP, I think I heard you say that you used an older, "craptastic" version, at one point.

Tribulatio proxima est
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 13, 03:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aargh!  That was not the answer I was looking for.  SimPE is no good for me.  This is probably due to all those VBT's I have done that everyone keeps mentioning, that and/or the sheer weight of my neighborhood data.  For me, the BFBVFS comes when I try to use SimPE, and as long as I stay away from it everything goes fine.  I have never been able to run that program even once without it barfing and crashing and corrupting the neighborhood data.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 13, 13:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once again, I place the blame squarely on tight pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 13, 15:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they were not so tight then the ladies might not notice the armadillo hiding in there.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 14, 08:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they were not so tight then the ladies might not notice the armadillo hiding in there.

Doing what? Protecting the centipede?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: