More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:53:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sim Disappearance
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim Disappearance  (Read 3811 times)
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
Sim Disappearance
« on: 2007 September 09, 10:01:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my Sims has completely disappeared. He didn't get out of the shuttle when returning from vacation. He had been previously borked on like the 5th day of vacation; he was stuck in the cab and I had to summon him then force a reset on him to get him back. Then he started acting like a guest of my other Sim -- like a noncontrollable pet, basically. I also had to finagle quite a bit to actually end the vacation. Finally my one controllable Sim was able to get the shuttle, and she and her bugged husband got into it. Unfortunately, when she got home, her husband was completely and utterly gone. He can't be summoned.

From everything I've read, I'm guessing my Sim is gone forever. Is this a sign that this neighborhood is irretrievably corrupt? It's just Veronaville, I use it to test expansion packs. I'd like to get this particular Sim back if possible, though. Am I sol?

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Sim Disappearance
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 09, 12:06:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try to find him via the neighborhood browser in SimPE.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 09, 12:55:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the issue issue some months back, Neriana.   When I checked for her in SimPE, she didn't exist nor were there any memories of her.  Only way I could get her back was to restore a backup.  Luckily, I had one that was only a few days old.

Since then, it hasn't happened again.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 09, 20:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try to find him via the neighborhood browser in SimPE.

I did. He's not there. There are three "unknown" Sims with messed-up info in the family. I believe I can figure out which one was him, as it has the most complex data. But I have no idea how to restore him, or if that's even possible.

I hope this is just a fluke and not a Vacation bug. He learned to teleport, for instance; I hope that's not broken.

ZiggyDoodle: I'm glad to hear it was a one-time thing for you, I was worried that it was going to start happening throughout my game.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 09, 21:21:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have his character number, you could try copying over the number from your back-up into the characters folder, but I haven't a clue if this would work.  However, if you back up first, you lose nothing by trying.

Zephyr Zodiac
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 10, 02:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope this is just a fluke and not a Vacation bug. He learned to teleport, for instance; I hope that's not broken.
I dunno. I just had a slightly similar (though not as complete) version. Sim came home from vacation. Transport vehicle never showed, but she was on the UI as present and her queue showed that she was going to watch the waves (beach lot). I kept trying to zoom to her and nothing. Finally found her...under the foundation. She never got her vacation bonuses, either, and judging by the number of comments during the vacation, she would have gotten a fair few.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 10, 08:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found him. He had somehow been put into the Bendett family.  Huh This is a bug I've never heard of before. I guess I missed him the first time I went through all the families with the teleporter painting.

Everyone's relationships seem to be intact. However, the runaway Sim is missing a whole bunch of memories, from meeting people to making friends to WooHooing. At least he remembers getting married, as well as every single tour he went on Roll Eyes. Both the Sims remember going on a Far East vacation, though of course neither of them got the want fulfilled for doing so.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 10, 11:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen it happen once, using the babysitter hack - I lost a sim that way, but was able to bring him back with the teleporter shrub.

Zephyr Zodiac
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 10, 20:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the babysitter hack. It's quite possible that one of my hacks didn't play nice with the game, though I was sure I had updated all of them. Maybe something snuck by.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 11, 01:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, after that happened, I kind of lost interest in babysitters...but I found the missing sim by looking through the families in the teleporter and I found him among the townies (can't remember what name it was that time, but I get Gilscarbo a little too often!) so I just teleported him back and moved him in.  I think I had to edit his memories, though....sleeping in the park you soon forget who your friends and family are - must be the grog.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: