More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 06:39:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BV and no CD?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BV and no CD?  (Read 96907 times)
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: BV and no CD?
« Reply #175 on: 2007 October 17, 19:36:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I don't know how we got this one.

Husband and I didn't use the PC in FOREVER, then one weekend, we get on it. By Monday, our anti-virus is screaming bloody murder, but can't seem to get rid of it.

15 scans, and one repaired Windows install later (husband deleted a Windows file that needed to be REPAIRED, not deleted), still having the same virus and spyware pop up on our scans.

So... we're gonna reformat. Should've had it done when I took it in to get repaired (wouldn't work off of our Windows CD for some reason) but we didn't have backups for ANYTHING so I chose not to reformat then.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2007 October 17, 21:27:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had VirtuMonde once. Took me two days to remove, because it's one of the sneakier ones, and because I basically had to restart my computer after every new webpage I visited while searching for manual removal instructions. It would pop up all these fake anti-virus ads, and if you navigated after the first page you inputted, the computer would stall out. Of course, I got it on the weekend when I couldn't just go to work and print out what I needed.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2007 October 17, 21:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to get back on topic a bit...

If you're going to be reformatting anyway, you'll be able to completely bypass getting SecuRom back on your computer by just following the BV no cd instructions at the start of the thread.

I'm thankful we have more than one PC in this house, it made it far less annoying trying to get the manual removal instructions for the VPP.

Everyone knows milk goes in rubber gloves, not bags.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2007 October 18, 16:55:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find that antivirus/antispyware programs are ineffective in removing malware, because they are too generic.  Malware are written specifically around those.  You kill one process and then other takes over.

The best method I have found is to first identify whatever crap managed to install itself on your system.   Your antivirus might be helpful there.  Once you've identified the species of pest you can Google it.  Usually you will have a couple of hits on reputable sites like castlecops or bleepingcomputer that have step by step instructions on how to remove it.  They typically will use a tool tailored for just that malware, typically to be used in safe mode.  Once the malware has had it's teeth pulled, THEN you can scan with your virus to remove the leftover traces.

Then, it might not be a bad idea to run a second scan from a different spyware program and also run rootkit revealer, just in case.  Rookit revealer doesn't identify rootkits so much as show you anomalies in your system, such as folders and registry entries which are not accessible.  If you get a lot of anomalies then your best bet is to reformat.

Jelenedra if you tell me what you got, I can see if I can rustle up a good removal procedure.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2007 October 18, 17:12:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll have to do some poking and proding. I've kinda not been in the mood for mucking about with my PC lately and have just left it alone other than doing virus scans. PC hasn't been plugged in for a week. =p

Like I said earlier, we need to reformat anyways. Due to some video games leaving behind undeletable files during uninstallation. I haven't had Evidence on my PC for 6 months, but it's still on my start up menu...

I appreciate it though.

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2007 October 18, 17:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A good reformat is my prefered options as well.  Faster, cleaner, it improves performances, and cleans out a load of crap other than whatever bug you're infected with.

Most people aren't set up to make that easily, so thus all the effort invested in formatting

If you reformat, i recommend (to anyone really) that you divide your computer into two partitions.  Reserve a good 40 GB (at least) for system files, and the rest for data.   There is a way that you can tell windows to use a documents and settings folder on a different drive (not just my document).  It involves making a change in the registry (OMG!!!!111) This way, anytime you feel a need to reformat, it's just a matter of sticking your CD in, or better yet, loading your ghost image.  All your data, favorites, settings are preserved.
« Last Edit: 2007 October 18, 19:15:40 by angelyne » Logged
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2007 October 18, 17:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I don't plan on doing it myself. There's something wonky about something. I forget what it was. I had big long ordeal about it a year ago. My SATA, VIAS Raid, or BIOS or something. And I can't remember if the guy that reformatted it last time found the files I needed in what I gave him, or if he found them somewhere else.

trevanac
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2007 October 27, 04:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed a no cd crack nearly 2 weeks ago. I had never launched the game from the disk at any time. I've been aware of all these SecuRom issues for weeks. I've seen the panic and I know the last thing you should do is Scream "Oh SecuROM has killed me!". So earlier today I had issues arise. I didn't think anything of it but when I couldn't fix the issue myself i called Dell support. These issues include a slew of "bad image" pop up warnings from windows but the programs end up running alright. Also there was no content in the control panel and it would not allow me to do a system restore. Dell helped me fix most of these issues (the bad image errors still occur) and I did a system restore. This is where the red flag for securom occured. My Mcaffee is now telling me I'm not protected, it has to be reinstalled and the detection signature is 30 days old. This version is supposed to be good throughout the duration of my warranty which is 3 years. I still don't want to scream SecuRom here, because when I look for SecuROM i don't find it, but i'm not as computer literate as I  need to be to know how to search the registry for anything. I'm sure I'm about to end up reinstalling vista and losing everything I had, I don't know anything about reformatting the hard drive... If I never ran or launched disk... are my problems from SecuRom or not?
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2007 October 29, 14:50:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed BV last night and I cannot even run the game with the game CD in the drive.  I think that I have about had it with EA and Eaxis.  I truly hope that this last stunt of theirs costs them dearly.  They will never see another dime from me as long as they use SecuROM.  Now I have the fun of trying to remove the SecuROM malware from my computer.  Sony has just lost me as a customer as well.  No more Sony TVs in this house from here on out.

I did try using a nocd exe and it started the game.  I have not played the game yet, but I am hoping that it will solve my problem.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2007 October 29, 22:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sony and EA have warchests of profits that make Microsoft look tiny and pathetic in comparison. Trust me, they don't care what their customers think.

The only people hurting from EA and Sony screwing around are the retailers. Even Walmart is going to have to rethink putting EA crap on their shelves if this shit keeps up.

MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2007 October 30, 04:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Debster: been there done that--If your nocd.exe doesn't do the job, I can help Smiley What happened when this happened to me was: I had left a biut of the Securom shit on my PC but I had deleted most of it.

You need to do either--or: Either go thru and get rid of all trace of Securom, all the folders, all the reg keys, and then reload the game. Should work. Or try doing a restor back to before you installed BV or before you deleted some of Securom (this is what I did--I restored all the securom crap and started the rermoval prosess over--got it off the second time, got the game right the third time installing (PIB) abnd I now use the Fairlight NoCd.exe. Works great.
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2007 October 30, 08:00:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks MutantBunny.  I am in the process of purging the malware from my computer right now.  I also set my firewall to ask before allowing the dll to run, not that it is going to run right now, but it just makes me feel better that I am clipping the beast's wings.  I am pretty sure that my nocd exe is the same one that you have.

Dizzy, I do feel badly for the retailers since it is not their fault, but maybe with more voices EA will have to do something.  Especially if the retailers stop carrying their games (got to sell them to make money after all).  And you are correct about them not caring about their customers.  I got a stupid sing-song reply about how the programs on my machine are bad and could cause me problems.  Scare tactics.  Which, of course, did not work on me but I could see it scaring someone less knowledgeable.  My not buying their games anymore will only be a tiny drop not added to their profit bucket, but it will make me feel better by boycotting them and it is the only language that companies understand.  I still get angry thinking about the nerve of them to install malicious programs that resist deletion on my machine without my approval.  And I do not like anyone, company or no, telling me what I can and cannot have on my computer that I paid for.  Grrrrrr!  I think I need to go have a cup of tea and calm down.
lauriej
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
the no cd crack for the new patched version no avail
« Reply #187 on: 2007 October 31, 16:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just checked one of the sites gcw and there is a new version of the no cd crack for those who want to stay securom free it is version 1.10.0.122. which is the patched version of the exe  just thought i would let you know.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2007 October 31, 17:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool -- thanks for the heads-up!  I figured someone out there would make a no-cd version of the patched exe one of these days.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Anilyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2007 November 02, 08:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new no cd for the patched exe is a heck of a lot bigger than than the original no cd - new no cd is 44.696kb , original no cd is 11.212kb.   
Anyone have any idea why there is so much difference in the size?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2007 November 02, 13:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that, but it checks out clean and works fine, so I'm not going to question it at this point. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Tillyfloss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2007 November 05, 23:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found a solution for getting securom off without having to reformat and I can vouch that it does work.  I got it off myself.  Plus I am using the no-cd exe from gameburnworld and I can still play with BV and H&M installed.  I figure that I have paid for the legal copies of the packs, and I should have a right to play them.    Lips sealed

Go here to get a program that deletes securom off your drive. 
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?threadid=203200

This was so easy, I almost couldn't believe it.  Wink

Oh and for those who have Vista, I have Vista and it works great.  Grin

Through streaming eyes from a stinking cold I have read and re-read the posts on deleting secuROM, but as a novice I definitely dont want to screw my computer up & if I've missed anything or am repeating something someone else has already asked then I apologise, but I'm feeling more confused than ever. The link in this post seems very simple compared to the instructions in the 'How to get rid of Securom NOW' thread. So what I would like to know is: has anyone other the Celesta tried this, and if so does it work on XP? or do I need to follow the more thorough intructions posted by Zazazu? I've already downloaded the no-cd crack and got that to work. I would just like someone far more awesome than I could ever possibly be to advise an old lady please  Smiley
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: 2007 November 06, 00:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go here to get a program that deletes securom off your drive. 
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?threadid=203200

This was so easy, I almost couldn't believe it.  Wink
The instruction above assumes you have already done Step 3 & 4 of Zazazu's post. It deals with only removing registry entries (the trickest part of whole process), which is the same step covered in Step 2 of Zazazu's post. Follow "simpler suggestions" for Step 2, it's basically the same process as Celesta's link.

or do I need to follow the more thorough intructions posted by Zazazu?
Yes.
« Last Edit: 2007 November 06, 02:16:16 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Tillyfloss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2007 November 06, 16:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Lord Darcy, I'm so glad I asked, I had a feeling it couldn't be that simple. I think secuROM will have to stay where it is for now then. I never play connected to the internet, but my main reason for wanting rid is because I'd read on a thread at InSim that it eats Ram, so that was my main concern. Thanks again for replying  Smiley
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2007 November 18, 14:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was my understanding that the dvd version released in Europe didn't contain SecuROM - but I did the check anyway and I found a (empty) hidden file which could have come from the H&M pack
L&P. International version still has.

I have the DVD european version of BV but i haven't installed it yet, i also have the CD version of Celebration and H&M not yet installed. I don't want Sh..SecuROM on my computer at all!!! But there isn't a no-DVD cracked version. Can someone please help me? Is there or is there not SecuROM in the BV european DVD? Can i install the DVD version and use the no-CD crack? If I install the original CD of Celebration and H&M without crack them, and I crack only BV running the game from a cracked BV, will the SecuROM contained in H&M install itself? Must I installa also the cracked no-cd version of H&M?
You can use the no cd exe, and you don't need H&M no cd exe since you'll be running the game off of BV's executable
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2007 November 20, 00:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK thank you. So the CD .exe = DVD .exe so why do they sell it in Europe only on DVD?
Market research suggests that more European consumers have DVD drives in their computers, while CD drives are still the majority in America. Both regions have the exact same content, aside from the fact that the CDs have a little extra piece of data that tells you to insert disc 2.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2007 December 02, 01:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you run the legitimate executable, you will end up with Securom on your computer. The No-CD crack should let you avoid all this, but you should still check after you run the game to make it isn't there.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2007 December 02, 05:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you run the legitimate executable, you will end up with Securom on your computer. The No-CD crack should let you avoid all this, but you should still check after you run the game to make it isn't there.

You will also get the Securom disease, if you install on an account other then an admin privileged account, regardless of whether you use a no-cd or not. Because under those circumstances it installs on game install.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: