More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 07:53:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BV and no CD?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BV and no CD?  (Read 96890 times)
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: BV and no CD?
« Reply #75 on: 2007 October 02, 12:31:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone heard any rumour that the Fairlight release of BV is borked and dooms the game to crash once you enter buy mode?
I haven't, but my sources are quite limited. However, I'm starting to blame BV for the constant crashes I experience and if it is really Fairlight who messed up, I might even aquire the original disc Smiley
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007 October 02, 14:04:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm playing with the fairlight release (I was not patient enough to wait for the release of BV in France, so torrented it) It is working very well for me, if you except the lag (water balloon related, fishing pathfinding related etc....). The legally purshased DVD is sitting on my desk, it has never seen the inside of my DVD player....
So I don't think the fairlight release is borked, no.
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007 October 02, 14:47:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pity.
moron
Asinine Airhead

choo choo

View Profile
Easy How-to Bon Voyage and no CD
« Reply #78 on: 2007 October 03, 00:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.  Install the game, arrr'd or otherwise with a valid serial number.
2.  Download Daemon Tools Lite 4.10 for x86 or x64 here -  http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5
3.  Create an image of the disc, or better yet download the mini-image here -  http://dl.gamecopyworld.com/?d=2007&f=NetShow-Sims2EP6_Mi!rar
4.  Unrar and stow the image in a safe place. I use D:\downloads\ISO\Sims 2\ <name>
5.  Download YASU 1.3xx here: http://ww2.cdmediaworld.com/cgi-bin/dl.cgi?f=YASU_1-3-7070!zip
6.  Unpack YASU and stow it in a safe place.
7.  Make a shortcut to "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\TSBin\Sims2EP6.exe" (or wherever you installed Bon Voyage)  - NOTE - this is a shortcut to the app, not the launcher utility.
8.  Mount your image in Daemon Tools.
9.  Start YASU, and use all options, cloak your devices.
10.  Start BV from the shortcut you created in step 7 without the CD in your drive.

If you feel a bit tech savvy, Download DaemonScript from the Daemon Tools homepage here: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=2

You can create a neat little script that mounts the image, loads YASU, then launches the game.  RTFM for YASU to see the start up options, or just use -s -c if you like running on blind faith.  If you're a Vista user, you'll need to know how to work around UAC settings to use the script though.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2007 October 03, 03:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even easier -- just get a no-cd EXE and eliminate all but steps 7 and 10. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: 2007 October 03, 04:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No-CD cracks are inferior because they don't work with patches.  I'm trying one with my OFB-only computer, but it was made pre-patch and thus works as an unpatched game.  I'm getting ready to go back to the disk -- I'm not installing Daemon on that system.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007 October 03, 13:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, but they're usually updated not long after the patch comes out, as I recall.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Anilyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007 October 03, 14:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Slightly off topic re BV but I hope someone might help and not shoot me
Being new to this no CD game and I refuse to install BV at present - Can anyone recommend a no CD exe for Seasons that works with the patches. 
Currently my Seasons game has the latest patch applied.  The no Cd exe files I downloaded form GameCopy world and GameBurn world are version 1.7.0.145 and my official Seasons .exe is 1.7.0.158.  Does this mean it's a later version and if I run one of the cracks my game is no longer patched?
Celestard
Racist Stalker
Retardo Lander

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: 2007 October 03, 16:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found a solution for getting securom off without having to reformat and I can vouch that it does work.  I got it off myself.  Plus I am using the no-cd exe from gameburnworld and I can still play with BV and H&M installed.  I figure that I have paid for the legal copies of the packs, and I should have a right to play them.    Lips sealed

Go here to get a program that deletes securom off your drive. 
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?threadid=203200

This was so easy, I almost couldn't believe it.  Wink

Oh and for those who have Vista, I have Vista and it works great.  Grin

Proof MATY schticks are a LIE!
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
It doesn't have to be TRUE to be funny. All we need is to take some minor thing you said, blow it up out of context, multiply by over 9000, and voila, you have a schtick. Sims are all about caricature, after all.
ithinknot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007 October 03, 23:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I am a little confused by the varying methods here. I first read the FAQs where JM explained how to play a "legally backed up copy". I've never done this before. I am currently "backing up a copy" of BV from firelight(?I think this was the name). I have installed NOTHING yet. I have XP home and a few programs that SecuROM would be against, I'm sure.

Because of JM's instructions I dled Daemon Tools and SecuROM Loader. Again, I haven't installed anything. Then I read moron's instructions in this thread and just in case that was the method I needed, I dled the mini-image and YASU.

So what I want to do is re-install all the EP's up to Seasons and the SPs Glamour and Family. That's the stuff I bought and paid for. And the patches. This part is mostly a no-brainer. I would like to ask though, are the patches necessary if you have the next expansion cd, or do you still have to install each one?

I also bought a copy of Celebration (afraid to install this now) and now the "backing up" of BV from firelight(?). That's where I need the help. Is there anyone who would be willing to tell me which method I should use and/or walk me thru it since I've never done this and don't know a thing about these programs?

Also, should I install the Celebration SP or download another "backed up" copy of this from somewhere, and how will it affect/when should it be done regarding the BV installation?

This is a pain in the ass, I know, but I've given them so much money for the headache it's given me and I don't want to shell out for BV yet. I'll pm my AIM name or email if anyone is interested in helping me out. It just seems like everyone is doing it slightly differently. Thanks.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2007 October 03, 23:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The instructions in the FAQ only apply to Seasons and below, because I haven't yet got BV, and don't plan to until my PC gets an upgrade that will allow it to run the game faster than an image slideshow. If someone wants to provide a quick summary of the process for BV, I'll add it to the FAQ, but I'm not rereading this thread to find it.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: 2007 October 04, 15:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok i'm downloading the nocd crack (thanks jsalemi) but thought i post this here in case anyone has any thoughts how i can get this program to work

i was using SlySoft's Game Jackal Pro http://www.slysoft.com/en/gamejackal.html  but ever since Bon voyage i've been getting "Conflict with Emulation Software detected" or "A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (12110)" errors http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=8053   can anyone help?    Huh

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
moron
Asinine Airhead

choo choo

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2007 October 04, 19:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I am a little confused by the varying methods here. I first read the FAQs where JM explained how to play a "legally backed up copy". I've never done this before. I am currently "backing up a copy" of BV from firelight(?I think this was the name). I have installed NOTHING yet. I have XP home and a few programs that SecuROM would be against, I'm sure.

Because of JM's instructions I dled Daemon Tools and SecuROM Loader. Again, I haven't installed anything. Then I read moron's instructions in this thread and just in case that was the method I needed, I dled the mini-image and YASU.

So what I want to do is re-install all the EP's up to Seasons and the SPs Glamour and Family. That's the stuff I bought and paid for. And the patches. This part is mostly a no-brainer. I would like to ask though, are the patches necessary if you have the next expansion cd, or do you still have to install each one?

I also bought a copy of Celebration (afraid to install this now) and now the "backing up" of BV from firelight(?). That's where I need the help. Is there anyone who would be willing to tell me which method I should use and/or walk me thru it since I've never done this and don't know a thing about these programs?

Also, should I install the Celebration SP or download another "backed up" copy of this from somewhere, and how will it affect/when should it be done regarding the BV installation?

This is a pain in the ass, I know, but I've given them so much money for the headache it's given me and I don't want to shell out for BV yet. I'll pm my AIM name or email if anyone is interested in helping me out. It just seems like everyone is doing it slightly differently. Thanks.

1. Yes, install all the patches for each title you install. 
2.  If you plan on installing BV, go ahead and install Celebrations first.  If you don't want ShitcureRom, install neither.
3.  After you install BV, regardless of how you acquired it, you can use the method I posted, OR use a no-CD exe to run it without the CD or an image of it.  The only plus to my method over using your own image is size on disk.  The only plus to using my method vs. a no CD crack is you can easily patch my method using standard EA patches in the future without setting anything back up.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2007 October 04, 20:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok i'm downloading the nocd crack (thanks jsalemi) but thought i post this here in case anyone has any thoughts how i can get this program to work

i was using SlySoft's Game Jackal Pro http://www.slysoft.com/en/gamejackal.html  but ever since Bon voyage i've been getting "Conflict with Emulation Software detected" or "A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (12110)" errors http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=8053   can anyone help?    Huh

It's because of SecuROM.  From their website, under their error message section:

"A required security module can not be activated. This program can not be executed.

SecuROM™ has determined a debugging or an emulation tool is running. Please refer to the following procedure to remedy:

Please deactivate these tools before starting the program. It's not necessary to uninstall them.
If the problem persists, please send a SecuROM™ analysis file to  support@securom.com (see  "Support Info" section on how to do that)."

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: 2007 October 04, 20:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm now using the Procyon torrent of BV and it works fine. I had set my game up in the same manner that moron described and it works sweet.

btw I'm still seeding that torrent if someone wants it.

ithinknot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2007 October 04, 21:05:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Yes, install all the patches for each title you install. 
2.  If you plan on installing BV, go ahead and install Celebrations first.  If you don't want ShitcureRom, install neither.
3.  After you install BV, regardless of how you acquired it, you can use the method I posted, OR use a no-CD exe to run it without the CD or an image of it.  The only plus to my method over using your own image is size on disk.  The only plus to using my method vs. a no CD crack is you can easily patch my method using standard EA patches in the future without setting anything back up.

Your method works perfectly. Also thanks to Invisigoth for info.

Even re-installing all the paid for copies was one big monkey fucked circus. The ass crackers at EA aren't getting another dime from me until they take that fraggle rockin SecuRom horseshit out of the game.
tessieroo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2007 October 05, 00:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone gotten no-CD to work with the EALink version of Bon Voyage? I'm having a hell of a time with it. Have tried three (as far as I can tell) versions of the crack. All give me an error stating that I don't have at least DirectX 9.0. I have 10.0 and have reinstalled to make sure that it's completely up to date. Running from the launcher works, but I hate having to rely on being connected to the 'net, just in case. Plus, it's two seconds lost.

Same thing happening to me (I have Vista  Undecided which comes with DirectX 10 installed) I had a no-cd crack for Seasons that worked great but this one from GameCopyWorld isn't working.  Huh Or am I doing it wrong?  Tongue Roll Eyes Can someone provide instructions on where the replacement .exe I downloaded goes?

Feel free to flame me now.  Tongue
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007 October 05, 01:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm on Vista and I have BV going with the fairlight noCD exe. It goes in the BV TSBin folder --where the sims2EP6.exe is (and yes you oughta be scorched a bit for asking that one Smiley)  Keep a copy of the original as you'll need it if you get Hobbies, but I have no idea why you'd give them one more penny after this shit.....
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: 2007 October 05, 03:56:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just thought post this GameJackal 2.9.18.591 (beta) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=8290   seems to fix this problem 

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Kigan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007 October 05, 12:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want to make sure I truly understand this all before I do anything. I've read all of this, and find myself slightly confused an unsure of things.

SecuROM is obviously a potential danger to my PC in more ways than one. And if I remove it, using a method such as sissyangel posted, BV won't run.

So now I want to make sure I properly understand this and that it will work before I go messing around in my computer:

I can remove SecuROM using the mentioned method, getting rid of it and keeping my PC safe.
To play BV, I use a method such as moron's posted method where I don't use a CD and BV runs safely and properly without SecuROM coming back.

Is that basically right? I enjoy BV but I've already lost one computer, and I don't want to lose another. Especially not to this.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2007 October 05, 14:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can remove SecuROM using the mentioned method, getting rid of it and keeping my PC safe.
To play BV, I use a method such as moron's posted method where I don't use a CD and BV runs safely and properly without SecuROM coming back.

Is that basically right?

Yup, that's it in a nutshell.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
tessieroo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2007 October 05, 14:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, MutantBunny! I'm not sure why it didn't work with the first no-cd file I tried but it worked the second time.  Huh And I WAS putting it in the right place, thanks for verifying to me where it goes.  Grin
Kigan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2007 October 05, 16:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alrighty! That was easier than I thought. Seems to have worked so far. At the main loading screen now. I had never attempted using those tools before. Thanks for the helpful stuff posted here to remove SecuROM and set the image up!

Edit: Just checked in on the registry after running the game, and SecuROM was still put back.
« Last Edit: 2007 October 05, 19:51:54 by Kigan » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2007 October 05, 21:20:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it doesn't anything bad if the registry entries are there, so long as the SecuROM files aren't there.  But you can just delete them again.

You may also have to reboot your system after cleaning them out to make sure the now clean registry files get loaded.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Kigan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2007 October 06, 23:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are other files? I'll have to look again. Aside from what was in the registry, the only other SecuROM thing I found was an empty folder that was hidden. I looked in System32 for a file mentioned above and it wasn't there, so the empty folder seemed to be the only thing I had.

Aside from that, the image seems to work great. No problems yet. I'm playing now and will check the registry again when I'm done to see if SecuROM returned.

Edit: Ugh, it still came back. All the registry files returned. So far, though, those are the only files I can find. This really annoys me, because I got into BV enough to miss it if I have to stop playing to keep SecuROM out for good.
« Last Edit: 2007 October 07, 01:17:11 by Kigan » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: