More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 17:12:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BV and no CD?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BV and no CD?  (Read 96894 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
BV and no CD?
« on: 2007 September 08, 21:58:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BV doesn't seem to want to work with Daemon Tools anymore.  I made an image with Alcohol 120%, but I get a security error when I try to launch BV.  And yes, I use SDHide, which worked fine with Seasons.

Anyone get this to work?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
Re: BV and no CD?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 08, 22:14:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know how to fix this because I used the exact same method that you did! Yay! Here's what you do!
1. Get a no-cd crack. Hey! How did one get into my 4shared account? And here is a post patch 1 version of the nocd crack. Back up your original TS2ep6.exe in Program Files/EA Games/The Sims 2 Bon Voyage/TSBin. Replace with no cd crack. I also made a shortcut to stick on my desktop for convenience at this point.
2. Mount .iso in daemon tools.
3. Procure YASU 1.27. 1.4 will only work if you have D-Tools Pro, which I don't have and is not necessary for this job.
4. Run YASU and select "Cloak Drives"
5. Double click on the cracked .exe and the game will run. W00t!

Edited to fix links.
Edited to add patch 1 version of cracked exe.
« Last Edit: 2007 November 07, 02:55:35 by Invisigoth » Logged

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 08, 22:22:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, ok.  Did EAxis change the type of anti-copy they use?  Something other than Safedisk now?

I made a mds/mdf image, as I usually do.  Maybe the image is bad.
No matter, I'll start it with the CD for now, and then make another image before I call it a night. Thanks for the no-cd crack!

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Bain
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 08, 22:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use Y.A.S.U v1.4.7080, that's what I'm using with BV
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 08, 22:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll give YASU a try -- I grabbed the version Invisigoth has up.  Thanks!

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 08, 22:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use Y.A.S.U v1.4.7080, that's what I'm using with BV

As I mentioned in my previous post that won't work if you don't have daemon tools pro. I am using a older version on purpose. I tried 1.4.7 and even downloaded d-tools pro and it STILL wouldn't work without a nocd crack. Trust me, I tried *everything*. This was the only thing that worked for me. Actually, a bunch of people on the site have only gotten it to work this way. And the error that jsalemi reported about a security module was the same error that I got (even with 1.4.7), so I bet he has the same problem that I had.

Hmm, ok.  Did EAxis change the type of anti-copy they use?  Something other than Safedisk now?

I made a mds/mdf image, as I usually do.  Maybe the image is bad.
No matter, I'll start it with the CD for now, and then make another image before I call it a night. Thanks for the no-cd crack!

They have beefed up their copy protection. They are using secu-rom now. I have d-tools set up to emulate securom. At first I thought that my image was borked too, but I remade it twice from the CD and torrented two other ones. With all four image files I had the same problem and the same error message. This isn't the first time that I've set up an image for a TS2 EP. I also did it with Seasons and it worked fine with just YASU+Daemon Tools.

Edited because I apparently don't pay attention to sigs.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 08, 23:22:52 by Invisigoth » Logged

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 08, 23:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the error that jsalemi reported about a security module was the same error that I got (even with 1.4.7), so I bet she has the same problem that I had.
They have beefed up their copy protection. They are using secu-rom now. I have d-tools set up to emulate securom. At first I thought that my image was borked too, but I remade it twice from the CD and torrented two other ones. With all four image files I had the same problem and the same error message. This isn't the first time that I've set up an image for a TS2 EP. I also did it with Seasons and it worked fine with just YASU+Daemon Tools.

Does not the '---joe' in my signature maybe give away that 'she' is a 'he'? Smiley

Ah, I have Alcohol set to do a Safedisc burn -- I'll have to try making a Secu-rom burn.  But I will try the no-cd crack (thanks!) and YASU. 

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 08, 23:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I mentioned in my previous post that won't work if you don't have daemon tools pro. I am using a older version on purpose. I tried 1.4.7 and even downloaded d-tools pro and it STILL wouldn't work without a nocd crack. Trust me, I tried *everything*. This was the only thing that worked for me. Actually, a bunch of people on the site have only gotten it to work this way. And the error that jsalemi reported about a security module was the same error that I got (even with 1.4.7), so I bet she has the same problem that I had.

I'm using DT 4.09.1 and Yasu 1-4-7080. The only problem I ran into is that you have to install YASU.exe into the DT program files folder.

Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 08, 23:24:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I mentioned in my previous post that won't work if you don't have daemon tools pro. I am using a older version on purpose. I tried 1.4.7 and even downloaded d-tools pro and it STILL wouldn't work without a nocd crack. Trust me, I tried *everything*. This was the only thing that worked for me. Actually, a bunch of people on the site have only gotten it to work this way. And the error that jsalemi reported about a security module was the same error that I got (even with 1.4.7), so I bet she has the same problem that I had.

I'm using DT 4.09.1 and Yasu 1-4-7080. The only problem I ran into is that you have to install YASU.exe into the DT program files folder.

Yasu 1.4.7080 summarily rejected my attempts to run even within the d-tools folder. A message popped up saying "Cannot find DaemonToolsPro.dll".

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 08, 23:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YASU alone still didn't work, but with the no-cd crack, it launched fine now. I'll have to play with it some more.  FWIW, I'm running DT 4.10 lite.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 09, 00:01:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They have beefed up their copy protection. They are using secu-rom now. I have d-tools set up to emulate securom.

Oh god not the same securom as in Bioshock?
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 09, 01:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the point in using Daemon tools and Yasu if you're going to end up using the no-cd crack anyway? XD

All you need is a cracked Sims2EP6.exe, and modified shortcuts that do not point to that stupid launcher.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 09, 01:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll repeat here what I put in another thread. This was my experience with a torrent I got off the net.

original exe + YASU = gives 'no disk found' error
cracked exe - YASU = gives some sort of security module error
cracked exe + YASU = playable BV

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 09, 02:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me I could use the original exe, early v4.0 of Daemon Tools and YASU and had no issues.

bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 09, 02:31:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only use the no cd crack without YASU and it works fine. It's still load the launcher though but I think that could be changed. I haven't fiddle with it though...
Ryslin
Dimwitted Dunce

I/E NF P/J- Yah , what about it?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 09, 03:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the no cd crack acquired from demenoid works without any added programs running
(listed as ep6.torrent)
I still have said file, if someone wants me to put it somewhere

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 09, 04:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the point in using Daemon tools and Yasu if you're going to end up using the no-cd crack anyway? XD

All you need is a cracked Sims2EP6.exe, and modified shortcuts that do not point to that stupid launcher.

Then you obviously didn't read my post. I had the same experience that witch had.

original exe + YASU = gives 'no disk found' error
cracked exe - YASU = gives some sort of security module error
cracked exe + YASU = playable BV

Edited because I read - as +
« Last Edit: 2007 September 09, 06:50:07 by Invisigoth » Logged

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 09, 05:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read the middle line of my tries IG. Same thing, without YASU and only the cracked exe, I had the security module error.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Ryslin
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 09, 06:24:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You guys are using the crack that came with the torrent correct?

There was a release of a second cracked exe about 12 hrs or more after that original "rip" was released. There seems to be a undercurrent in the hacking community that if you can "get it done" with d-tools and that hiding program, a half assed crack is fine for "release".

So then an alternative cracking group wrangles the nocd ,beating into submission.

Last count there were at least 3 different nocd hacks. Primary being the one that was released with the original torrent rip (fairlight). There was a second released by posedon/netshow. Possibly associated with the clone cd torrent verses the original fairlight release.

There is an additional non labeled (by a hack group) exe that is downloadable both within the 8g+ multi sims2 mega pack (recently released on demenoid) and as a separate download.

However , in the interest of curiosity. I am running XP. Are those having the additional error running Vista?

Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 September 09, 06:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You guys are using the crack that came with the torrent correct?
[...]
However , in the interest of curiosity. I am running XP. Are those having the additional error running Vista?

No and no. I made my own image file using Alcohol 120% and the actual BV CD. I run XP.

bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 September 09, 06:55:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using the fairlight version on XP and it works, no need for YASU or DT
Ryslin
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 September 09, 09:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question-
is the standard buyable a multi language? or is US still getting a different dvd/cd manufacture.
If above is the case, than I can understand why the nocd hacks are giving issue.

Otherwise I am stumped. I knew I should have taken up code hacking as a hobby.

Loncaros
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 September 09, 10:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA is now "protecting" their games with Sony Rootkits? That's it, no more money from me.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 September 09, 11:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh god not the same securom as in Bioshock?
Yup, that one. Not in the same rabid configuration, but same system.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 September 09, 14:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm not a torrent person, so if anyone can point to an easily available no-cd crack that can just be downloaded (or a way to make the damn thing work with just DT and YASU), I'd be much obliged.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: