More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 18:03:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  New BV Turn ons/offs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New BV Turn ons/offs  (Read 14069 times)
Loncaros
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: New BV Turn ons/offs
« Reply #25 on: 2007 September 09, 21:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims are really not inherently unfaithful, since by default, sims do not autonomously flirt with anyone else. However, also by default, sims always accept flirts FROM anyone else, regardless of bolts or any other factors, so it's impossible for them to STAY faithful if attacked.
I downloaded one of these Awesome Romance mods from this site and as a result my Family Asp main Sim has successfully resisted Flirt attempts from 100 LTR friends with bolts. He flat out blocked a simple "Charm" from someone he's been best friends with for a long time.
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 September 10, 01:08:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Greek skin is probably being avoided for PC reasons.  That, the fact that aside from skin tone aliens are exactly alike regular sims, and the fact that other elements of "alienness" are all a little touch and go.  (Genetics make it easy to see plain-skinned sims with lineage to PT, and I don't know how well the game really keeps track of lineage past a few generations.  Alien eyes are not possessed by all green-skinned sims, and suffer the eye-color turn-on problems mentioned earlier.)

Pre-BV, I agreed with Emma's reasoning for avoiding eye color as a turn on.  The whole point of them was to chose traits that any sim could acquire on a whim to allow more player fine-tuning over attraction.  (There being perhaps three exceptions to this in the game, and even those generally allowing a good deal of wiggle room.)  Now that traits like "zombie" and "robot" are turn-ons, that line of reasoning is getting weaker.  Eye color would still be very difficult for a player to spot, but just due to the volume of requests I'd like to see official colored contacts to usher in eye color turn-ons, although I wonder in practical terms how popular they'd be after the "oh, cool" factor wore off.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 September 10, 01:13:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pre-BV, I agreed with Emma's reasoning for avoiding eye color as a turn on.  The whole point of them was to chose traits that any sim could acquire on a whim to allow more player fine-tuning over attraction.

See, I tend to use them the opposite way: I play mostly with CAS Sims and rarely change them much once I make them, and I tend to build them specifically to be attracted to one other Sim.  So static features like eye color would be very useful to me.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 September 10, 02:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just don't believe the turn-ons are always the ones you see, I think there are hidden ones too..........
The turn-on/turn-off system is a very minor, marginalized aspect of the attraction system that has little or no real effect.

I suspect they're staying as far away from skintone turn-ons and turn-offs of any kind as they can conceivably get, for reasons of political correctness.  However, they might be able to key it off the alien eyes or the face template instead.  Or off of descendancy from the Pollination Technician...
It's more basic than that. All the turn-ons and turn-offs are mutable attributes. The apparent theory is that one can artificially force a sim to conform to any set of turn-ons....well, except robotism, anyway. One can't become a robot. That seems to be the monkey wrench in the works. Naturally, it doesn't work this way in real life, at least not for me: Any attempt to artificially conform is detected as falseness and becomes an even stronger turn-off.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 September 10, 02:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The attraction system has always seriously pissed me off.  I recently had a couple I wanted to get together for perfectly reasonable plot/genetics reasons--compatible aspirations (Knowledge and Family, which has never made sense to me either) and I jiggered around with their turnons and they still only had one bolt, because she was an Aquarius and he was a Scorpio.  I finally gave in and slapped an artificial "new" zodiac sign on him.  On paper, he's a Capricorn now and suddenly they have two bolts.  The zodiac thing is completely dumb and seems to overpower the turnons/offs.

On the other hand, I was sort of pleased by the new turnons, especially since I see there's an "unemployed" turnon.  Now all they need to do is add a "passive-aggressive" turnon and my simself is in business.

PB

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2007 September 10, 02:47:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the turn-ons and turn-offs are mutable attributes. The apparent theory is that one can artificially force a sim to conform to any set of turn-ons....well, except robotism, anyway. One can't become a robot. That seems to be the monkey wrench in the works.

Well that's just silly.  They included a means for changing turn-ons and turn-offs, so why does it matter whether the traits themselves can be changed?  And eye color can be a powerful attractor in real life.

* AmberDiceless personally likes big brown eyes much better than baby blues.

And with all these new ones to play with, why on earth didn't they add a few more slots?  Bleh.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 September 10, 04:12:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the turn-ons and turn-offs are mutable attributes. The apparent theory is that one can artificially force a sim to conform to any set of turn-ons....well, except robotism, anyway. One can't become a robot. That seems to be the monkey wrench in the works.

Well that's just silly.  They included a means for changing turn-ons and turn-offs, so why does it matter whether the traits themselves can be changed?  And eye color can be a powerful attractor in real life.

* AmberDiceless personally likes big brown eyes much better than baby blues.
Generally, I like blue eyes better. Pure genetic reasons. I'm blue-eyed. My parents are both blue-eyed, so my eye color was a real game of roulette. I want blue-eyed babies, dammit. Best chance is with someone homogenous for blue eyes. Although the guy I like best has hazel. My office-building crush is blue-eyed, though. Hmmm...

Personally, I don't want my sims' turn-ons and -offs mutable. I want them nice and static. I want them to have a type and have trouble finding someone who matches it. Otherwise I get them married off and impregnated the first day they hit adult. Yawn.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 September 10, 10:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot of the turnons they already have seem useful but functionally they aren't.  I have a Romance Sim with turnons for fitness and stink.  Probably I ought to take him to the gym.  But cologne--only playables put it on, right?  so if your playable is looking for townies wearing cologne, they are out of luck, correct?

At least this should give a little more variety to the game.

PB

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 September 10, 11:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While we are on the subject of turn on and turn off : do you notice that some townies/downtownies are liars, when asked for what they like/dislike ?
I have often this problem : I want to match to sims, one playable, the other own not. I aske about turn on and turn off, change the playable sim to conform, and notice no change in attraction... More often that not, when I move in the townie/downtownie, I find that his turn on and turn off are far different from what he answered when I asked him....
It annoys me greatly... Anyone else having this ??
Loncaros
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 September 10, 13:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

]Generally, I like blue eyes better. Pure genetic reasons. I'm blue-eyed. My parents are both blue-eyed, so my eye color was a real game of roulette. I want blue-eyed babies, dammit. Best chance is with someone homogenous for blue eyes. Although the guy I like best has hazel. My office-building crush is blue-eyed, though. Hmmm...

Hi, I have blue eyes
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2007 September 10, 14:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

]Generally, I like blue eyes better. Pure genetic reasons. I'm blue-eyed. My parents are both blue-eyed, so my eye color was a real game of roulette. I want blue-eyed babies, dammit. Best chance is with someone homogenous for blue eyes. Although the guy I like best has hazel. My office-building crush is blue-eyed, though. Hmmm...

Hi, I have blue eyes

Wow, Zaza-you've pulled! Cheesy

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 September 10, 15:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I have blue eyes

Wow, Zaza-you've pulled! Cheesy
Oooh? Cute 11th Floor Boy? Is that you?   Kiss

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Loncaros
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 September 10, 15:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no, he's wearing blue contacts anyways.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2007 September 10, 19:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I vote to move this to:

The Peasantry or The War Room

Also... if anyone ever figures out how to hack/change/add/remove new or existing Turn Ons & Offs, that would be like totally awesomesauce. Cheesy

Ste

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: