More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 14:21:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Tour Guide and Unsavory Charlatan spawn like crazy in BV!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Tour Guide and Unsavory Charlatan spawn like crazy in BV!  (Read 31823 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Tour Guide and Unsavory Charlatan spawn like crazy in BV!
« Reply #50 on: 2007 September 13, 18:00:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think a lot of it must be because it's the mating season!  We get Canada Geese here, but during the winter, mostly, I think, and they don't cause much of a problem, except the excrement one!

As for terrier dogs - what can you expect, when most of them were bred to be killers!  However, bite their ears the first time they nip you as a puppy, and they'll never bite you again - that's not to say they won't bite someone else, though.....

Zephyr Zodiac
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 September 13, 22:12:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is all very interesting, really. Kittens, geese & puppies... really, amazingly interesting stuff. Tongue

But what about the redundancy problem? Has it been fixed yet? Have there been any volunteers to test the fix yet? I was not planning to install the EP right away, but I will if there still aren't any (or enough) volunteers for a critical fix.

What I am understanding from this thread is that in order to avoid the worst of the redundancy problem, we will need to move our neighborhoods out of the way when we install this game, then take the default hoods out and put our old ones back in after installation is complete. Will that help at all? or are we still looking at having endless new characters whether we want them or not?

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 September 13, 23:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes posted the fix here. It seems to be working for me...no character file explosions last time I took someone on vacation. No errors are being thrown, either.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2007 September 14, 02:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I am understanding from this thread is that in order to avoid the worst of the redundancy problem, we will need to move our neighborhoods out of the way when we install this game, then take the default hoods out and put our old ones back in after installation is complete. Will that help at all? or are we still looking at having endless new characters whether we want them or not?
It will help if you don't want the total Maxis-townie spam. The game will spawn new vacation townies on its own though. In my game I got 9 or 10 new local townies per vacation hood, and 48 tourist townies additionally. Once notownieregen is updated to work on those new types of townies that shouldn't be the case anymore, though. Wink
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 September 14, 05:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have seen no tourist townies, just the vacation locals that are added with the individual vacation hoods. Not sure if they actually RESPAWN, but they're sort of necessary for your vacation to fully function, or no one will teach you the vacation crap!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2007 September 14, 14:55:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have seen no tourist townies, just the vacation locals that are added with the individual vacation hoods.
At first, my game spawned the 48 new tourist townies when I was entering a community vacation lot for the first time. When I played another empty vacation hood later they were spawned when the hotel was loaded for the first time. It probably differs WHEN those tourists are spawned, but the game will do so eventually.

Not sure if they actually RESPAWN, but they're sort of necessary for your vacation to fully function, or no one will teach you the vacation crap!
Sure, they're necessary, but 9 or 10 of them? In my opinion 3 or 5 should have been enough ... Grin
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 September 14, 15:20:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But did no one tell you - the EAxoids all suffer from NPC/Townie diarrhoea!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 September 14, 21:11:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At first, my game spawned the 48 new tourist townies when I was entering a community vacation lot for the first time. When I played another empty vacation hood later they were spawned when the hotel was loaded for the first time. It probably differs WHEN those tourists are spawned, but the game will do so eventually.
Did this happen with no-townie-respawn installed? I haven't spotted any new tourist townies, and this is after a complete Vtardrancher and Stupidlilley's Excellent Adventure.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2007 September 15, 12:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did this happen with no-townie-respawn installed? I haven't spotted any new tourist townies, and this is after a complete Vtardrancher and Stupidlilley's Excellent Adventure.
As soon as you move your playable sims into a hotel the game should spawn new tourist townies who will fill the other empty rooms, just like dormies are generated to fill the vacant dorm rooms.

Yes, I have all anti-redundancy-hacks like notownieregen, nostrayrespawn and antiredundancy. I look for updates every day, so I'm sure I was using the newest versions. The same thing happened to IAmTheRad here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,4306.msg263650.html#msg263650

I agree with him, I think tourist townies are coded differently than normal townies, that's why notownieregen doesn't affect them.

By the way - when I use christianlov's clothing rack to change the appearance of my neighbors vacation locals and tourists appear under "Sims" where playable sims are usually found. The clothing rack has other options like "NPCs", "downtownies" and "townies", but they don't appear there - this is why I think that vacation sims belong to an entirely new "species"! Cheesy

EDIT: I just noticed that I'm not using "nodormieregen" because I never play in university. So I'm not using ALL of the anti-redundancy hacks, but most of them.  Wink
« Last Edit: 2007 September 15, 17:59:01 by selzi » Logged
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 September 17, 14:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As soon as you move your playable sims into a hotel the game should spawn new tourist townies who will fill the other empty rooms, just like dormies are generated to fill the vacant dorm rooms.

The first time I played BV in a vanilla test scenario (Pleasantview base with Traveller family) the game spawned all sorts of BV tourist townies to fill the hotel.  Now I'm back playing from my main hood with the hacks installed (I have both nodormiespawn and notownieregen installed with antiredundancy) and the game only spawns what it needs, it would appear.  My sim family is staying at the Twikkii Beach Hotel and some rooms are not filled (don't care really), so the hacks seem to be working to limit fugly tourists in my game.

Tribulatio proxima est
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 September 17, 15:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that -- I sent a family to the mountains after re-activating notownieregen and adding in the new antiredundancy, and only a couple of tourists showed up.  And none of them ever claimed another room in the hotel.  My family (mother and 2 teens) were the only ones with claimed rooms.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 September 17, 17:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way - when I use christianlov's clothing rack to change the appearance of my neighbors vacation locals and tourists appear under "Sims" where playable sims are usually found. The clothing rack has other options like "NPCs", "downtownies" and "townies", but they don't appear there - this is why I think that vacation sims belong to an entirely new "species"! Cheesy
When I was Deleted 2'ing my tour guides and charlatans, I noticed that they and a bunch of names I remembered as vacation families were all under the "..." category. No one else was under it.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 September 17, 18:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I was Deleted 2'ing my tour guides and charlatans, I noticed that they and a bunch of names I remembered as vacation families were all under the "..." category. No one else was under it.

Its because the Game removes the Townie and Work NPC Pool Family Names  when it creates the "Exotic Destinations" (or something similar). Every Townie,Tourist Townie,Bellhop, Cook, Barista.....etc has no longer the overall Familyname in SIMPE.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 September 18, 11:26:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am declaring this issue satisfactorily resolved now and closing this ticket.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: