More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 16:33:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BV: Anybody Updating These Abandoned Mods?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BV: Anybody Updating These Abandoned Mods?  (Read 131750 times)
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
Re: BV: Anybody Updating These Abandoned Mods?
« Reply #125 on: 2007 September 16, 18:15:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

#1:  Thank you, thank you, thank you for this thread!  I have been spending more times bouncing around from forum to forum looking for incompatilble hacks than I have actually playing BV.  And, it's good to see that there are people out there playing with more hacks than I do.  LOL

#2:  I have had the room service "bug".  I also have a bug that turns a plum bob into an urn and puts it in a female sim's ummm, neither-regions when she showers at Uni.  But, because of this thread, and one over at InSim,  I now know I was playing with a couple of incompatible mods:  Squinge's maternity clothes hack and Jordi's clothes hiders.  So, if I have it again I'll let y'all know.  I wish I would have taken a screen-shot of my sim in the shower with an urn stuck up there, that was pretty funny.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2007 September 16, 18:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe TwoJeff's Visitor Controller also extends the times teens and kids can hang around (plus a whole lot more).  You can find the latest BV beta over on the inteen site.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: 2007 September 16, 18:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

#1:  Thank you, thank you, thank you for this thread!  I have been spending more times bouncing around from forum to forum looking for incompatilble hacks than I have actually playing BV.  And, it's good to see that there are people out there playing with more hacks than I do.  LOL

Heh, you're very welcome, and I imagine I do play with more than you do...my total hack file count right now is 469, not including hacked objects.  XD

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2007 September 16, 20:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There have been many reports about the room service not working. The bell hop pulls out the food from under the desk and it vanishes into thin air. I have this problem too. It seems to work maybe the first time you arrive in a hotel but then stop working after that. I have used All In One in the past, but I took it out before I installed BV. Room service worked fine at first and now does not and I do not have All in One in my folder. So I am not convinced that All in One is the culprit here. On other boards, that is a lot of discussion about this and I do not believe all of those posters use All in One.

I'm having this problem, although it's intermittent (and I can't seem to nail down the exact steps to recreate it each time).  For the record, I DO NOT have All in One, so I think it's something else as well.  Where, exactly, have you seen this discussed?  I haven't been able to find much (although I admit the BBS scares the crap outta me with all their twaddle, "help me name a pet PLEASE !!ONE11").

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2007 September 16, 23:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I could not stand seeing my sims jumping on the piano every free second they add, I put back Squinge's  noautonomousinstruments back in the game.  I did not notice any problem other than it does not work with the new grand piano that has been added in BV.

I also put back Squinge's noautonomousdishes in since I got tired of seeing my sims cleaning up dirty plates on community lot.  I did not try vacation lot yet but I am expecting it will not work there but still will on downtown and business community lots.

Will keep you inform.

ETA:  noautonomouscomputer does work as long as the computer is closed.  If you leave it open then sims can go to it to chat autonomously.  If closed I have not seen any try that on their own.
ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2007 September 17, 03:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There have been many reports about the room service not working. The bell hop pulls out the food from under the desk and it vanishes into thin air. I have this problem too. It seems to work maybe the first time you arrive in a hotel but then stop working after that. I have used All In One in the past, but I took it out before I installed BV. Room service worked fine at first and now does not and I do not have All in One in my folder. So I am not convinced that All in One is the culprit here. On other boards, that is a lot of discussion about this and I do not believe all of those posters use All in One.

I'm having this problem, although it's intermittent (and I can't seem to nail down the exact steps to recreate it each time).  For the record, I DO NOT have All in One, so I think it's something else as well.  Where, exactly, have you seen this discussed?  I haven't been able to find much (although I admit the BBS scares the crap outta me with all their twaddle, "help me name a pet PLEASE !!ONE11").

Hmmmm maybe thats a good thing to hear then.   Smiley
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: 2007 September 17, 06:44:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure I followed all your instructions to run the tool. I made sure I changed the directory, I typed everything in exactly (at first I typed it wrong because I thought the 1 was an I or lowercase L) but the report came back blank. It created the txt docs and the first listed everything correctly but the report was blank. I redownloaded the file TwoJeffs provided just in case. To make sure I had the instuctions correct, I copied and pasted them onto a wordpad doc then typed everything in exactly. I tried it over and over again with the same results. I am so very much non-awesome.  Sad

Actually, that is a lowercase L.  Are you certain you got the spacing right, also?  It should go like so:

hackdiff -i SEAp2-BVdiff.txt -l hacks.txt > report.txt

hackdiff [space] [dash][lowercase I] [space] SEAp2-BVdiff.txt [space] [dash][lowercase L] [space] hacks.txt [space] [right arrow] [space] report.txt

And you're certain that the hackdiff utility, SEAp2-BVdiff.txt, and hacks.txt are all in the same directory?  If you got a valid hacks.txt from the first command, then this should work.

* AmberDiceless puzzles.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2007 September 17, 15:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crammyboy:

Clean/Works:

CBOY_nudist_itrem.package
CBOY_nudist_naked_emitter.package
CBOY_nudist_Social.package

Need updating:

CBOY_nudist.package

Cry

I really hope someone will update Crammyboys nudist hack.

If it helps, I've been using the old version over the weekend, just to see what would happen.  As far as I can tell, the CBOY_nudist.package and associated mod work in all base, uni, comm, and BV lots.  It does not seem to cause loss of BV interactions and no errors have been logged in my game so far.  I'm keeping it in for now, pending further tests (i.e. sauna woohoo).

Caveat: Have not tested for hammock or sauna woohoo, but for bed and hot tub woohoo, it seems to work as per spec.

Tribulatio proxima est
GrayDragonfly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2007 September 17, 17:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The very first time I installed BV and played I decided to play it on a clean slate. No custom content or hacks. I wanted to see what bugs I'd notice before I played with all the custom stuff. Saying all that, I think the issue with the food disappearing is a bug because I had it happen with a clean game twice. I also had it happen after I put all my CC back in. I read about this problem in another forum also.

I think what bugs me more is when they continually go order food even if they're full. I hope someone makes a fix for that soon.   
Blackwiddow
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2007 September 18, 01:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've made the BV changes to Cboy's Nudist Mode.

The files are attached below.

I in no way wish to claim credit for this mod. It is Cboy's and if he request's it to be removed then it shall be so.

UPDTAE 25/9/2007: Sims choose if they want to wear the towel or be naked for a massage, based on their naked score/Always naked/Never Naked.

UPDTAE 26/9/2007: Sims choose if they want to wear the towel or be naked for a massage or Sauna. They also choose if they wish to be naked for Tau Chi, Hot Sping or Sunbathing. Note the only thing not implemented yet is the sims being naked after woohoo in a sauna.

UPDATE 29/9/2007: This is the actual working version that I should have released on the 26th. Sorry about that.

* cboy - Nudist - Bon Voyage.rar (24.82 KB - downloaded 614 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 September 29, 04:53:35 by Blackwiddow » Logged
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: 2007 September 18, 01:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I in no way wish to claim credit for this mod. It is Cboy's and if he request's it to be removed then it shall be so.

Thank you Blackwiddow!  Cheesy

Gamblor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2007 September 18, 08:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So will somebody else do CBoys Community Time Mod please.

A Sims Nightmare!
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: 2007 September 18, 11:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So will somebody else do CBoys Community Time Mod please.

Patience Grasshopper, the Mod Gods work in mysterious ways and I suspect the Community Time mod is pretty complex...someone may get to it, or they may not.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2007 September 18, 14:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims (and I) thank you very much!  Cheesy
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2007 September 18, 14:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims (and I) thank you very much!  Cheesy

As do all my sims and I as well.  Many thanks.  Clothing optional hilarity continues.  My sims can continue to be shocked by their nude spouses - I especially love the "OMG!  You're naked, which is so much more disturbing than the fact that I haven't worn anything all day!" reaction.

Tribulatio proxima est
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2007 September 19, 04:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Christianlov's Clothing Boutique shows up as clean in Hackdiff, but has anyone been able to have a new vacation Sim buy clothes successfully?  Two times I have had my Sim select a vacation Sim(while at home) to buy clothes and both times the game crashed.  I think because the vacationers are in the Sim category.  Sims have wardrobes and townies don't.  When they were trying to access the list downtown, it actually crashed without selecting a Sim.
Corylea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2007 September 19, 22:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Christianlov's Clothing Boutique shows up as clean in Hackdiff, but has anyone been able to have a new vacation Sim buy clothes successfully?  Two times I have had my Sim select a vacation Sim(while at home) to buy clothes and both times the game crashed.  I think because the vacationers are in the Sim category.  Sims have wardrobes and townies don't.  When they were trying to access the list downtown, it actually crashed without selecting a Sim.

By "vacation sim," do you mean fellow tourists or locals?  I redid all of the locals in the Asian neighborhood using christianlov's clothes rack without any problems at all.  I haven't tried to have fellow tourists buy clothes, though, so I can't report on that.

Middle-aged professional woman still plays computer games.    Film at 11.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2007 September 20, 03:56:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about these...

Shaklin
medizinschrank (medicine cabinet) - I'm assuming still works
dj-booth_moremusic

Motoki ?
Buyable Work and NPC Clothes
Maxis adult clothes for A YA & E
Ya_to_A_YA_Clothing_Maxis
 - Since Jordi's toddler clothes hider is not working, I don't know if these clothing mods are.
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2007 September 20, 08:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I updated swimpooltalk so that it works with Bon Voyage.  Looking through Squinges code I wasn't sure what exactly he was going for with some of it (that's the problem with moddifying other people's work).  But I've managed to eliminate the jump bug that was occuring and they still talk while in the pool so it seems to work.  Let me know if there's something odd about it.
LycosV

Thanks for updating this mod LycosV.... I've wanted this to work for a long time, since it broke after i installed an EP...
Should this work if i don't have BV installed? I just recently put in Seasons and then i found your fixed version the next day and tried it out... but (there's always a but) when i got a chance to play today.. on 2 different lots with 2 different sims i had the same error come up after the sim dived in a pool.... there were no other sims in the pool... i didn't direct the sims to dive in the pool, but both had the same error and both now have a really bad case of gas.... it's funny... the animation was interrupted when they were diving so they still have a trail of bubbles coming out of their butts... Cheesy  they've changed into everyday and i forced errors on them both but they keep farting big bubbles...

I should've got a picture ...  here's the error log if it helps... I have all ep's and sp's to seasons all patched up..

[attachment deleted by admin]
sbt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2007 September 20, 16:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone please update Squinge's no autonomous reading hack please or at least look at it with the hack diff please? It is in the game, and since BV was installed (We have every exp and stuff packs), it is broken, they read whenever they want, before the whole lot could be filled with bookcases and they never picked up a book, now put one bookcase and all they do is read no matter the motive level bad or good.

Have requested it at InSim but no one has replied to it, okay it has only been 4 days.

Have tried the hackdiff, just not as awesome as you all I guess or maybe it doesn't like Vista, couldn't figure it out.

Do have the hack, because I am the one that requested it from Squinge. Not attaching it though yet until it is needed, not sure if that is allowed unless requested.

Thank You for any replies.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: 2007 September 20, 19:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about these...

Shaklin
dj-booth_moremusic

Motoki ?
 - Since Jordi's toddler clothes hider is not working, I don't know if these clothing mods are.

The toddler clothes hider is working fine for me, and as near as I can tell so are all the other clothes-hiding or recategorizing mods I have.  But I haven't tested extensively so it's possible I've missed something.  ETA: Shaklin's medicine cabinet scanned clean but I haven't had a chance to test it in the game yet, anybody else?

Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2007 September 21, 04:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about these...

Shaklin
dj-booth_moremusic

Motoki ?

The toddler clothes hider is working fine for me, and as near as I can tell so are all the other clothes-hiding or recategorizing mods I have.  But I haven't tested extensively so it's possible I've missed something.  ETA: Shaklin's medicine cabinet scanned clean but I haven't had a chance to test it in the game yet, anybody else?

I have been using the medicine cabinet is working fine in my game I put it back in as soon as I installed BV

I have also noticed that the toddler clothes hider is not working.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2007 September 21, 06:50:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My clothing hiders are working fine in my game with BV (some by jordi, and some made by me). All the furries are still hidden.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: 2007 September 21, 07:37:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't sims been chatting in the pool since Seasons?  Mine do and I don't have any hacks to make them do it.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: 2007 September 21, 11:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds right.  I seem to recall some hilarity of Sims talking and suddenly standing on the water while they chatted shortly after installing Seasons.  Happened to me in Strangetown at the Smith's house.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: