More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 11:18:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Lovestruck Baby
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lovestruck Baby  (Read 5581 times)
Pamhamlet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Lovestruck Baby
« on: 2007 September 06, 00:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the easiest way to make sims fall out of love (without getting angry at each other, etc.)?

I have several sims who have old lovers with whom they rarely interact anymore.  The relationship points are around 18/12, or 23/20.  But there is still a pink and red heart for both.  I want them to NOT be in love anymore, as they are happily in love/marriage in new relationships.  What to do?  I thought that by letting the relationship gradually decay, that they would fall out of love, but no such luck.   It's like, sorry honey I haven't called you in three years, but guess what...I still love you!  Bleh.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Lovestruck Baby
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 06, 00:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All you have to do is have them interact with that Sim. A phone call should do it.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 06, 19:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge has a hack that causes sims to fall out of love once their LTR falls below 70. Much of his stuff is now hosted at sims2graveyard, but I'm not sure if that particular hack is included. If not, I can post it here.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 06, 20:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All you have to do is have them interact with that Sim. A phone call should do it.

Yup.  I have a romance sim who was in love with 6 other sims.  Once married, he ignored his other lovers (his LTW was to become a Celebrity Chef, for some reason and I was concentrating on that instead, and his wife was more than happy to fulfill any woohoo wants he had) until their relationship scores dropped to around 55/58.  I had him call friends, just to keep the relationship alive and it maintained the friendships, but the "boing" noise happened almost immediately and the hearts disappeared.  No "fear" hit either, which was nice.

Tribulatio proxima est
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 08, 00:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marhis also has a romantic flags batch cleaner object, I think available on MTS2, which will clear out old relationships for your sim by type. It works nicely for me.
Pamhamlet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 16, 19:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge has a hack that causes sims to fall out of love once their LTR falls below 70. Much of his stuff is now hosted at sims2graveyard, but I'm not sure if that particular hack is included. If not, I can post it here.

Who is Squinge, where do I find him, and get this mod?  Please provide a link if possible.  I appreciate all your help.  (I checked the site you indicated, but did not find Squinge or this hack.)
Ethendrelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 16, 19:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge was a prolific modder at insimenator.net, but he's since retired from modding.

His section at sims2graveyard.com is here. I think the file you're looking for is "autoclearcrush&loveep4v1.01.rar ".

Edit: As the file name implies, the link above is for the Pets version of the mod. I have no idea if there was a pre-Pets version. I don't think the mod had to be updated for Seasons. I checked the file with hackdiff utility for BV compatibility (using the Seasons->BV diff), and it showed up as clean. (So it is probably BV compatible, but I haven't installed BV yet, so I can't say for sure.)
« Last Edit: 2007 September 16, 19:53:38 by Ethendrelle » Logged

> select * from users where clue > 0;

0 rows returned
Pamhamlet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 11, 04:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for that link, Ethendrelle.  That was awesome of you.  Found it, got it!  Thanks again.   Grin
ariesbrat
Asinine Airhead

Stay Cool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 12, 15:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this mod and BV installed (and functioning). So far this mod is working for me and I must say it is a handy one to have. Wink
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 22, 04:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have anything after Pets, it should work.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: