More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 05:49:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bon Voyage dissatisfaction
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bon Voyage dissatisfaction  (Read 221806 times)
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: Bon Voyage dissatisfaction
« Reply #450 on: 2007 October 22, 00:17:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has been established in its thread here that there is no problem with antiwatchout and BV; there's another hack causing the walk off lots problem.

I had a problem with getincarfix, or similar name.  I didn't have it in the folder with the rest of Pescado's hacks, so didn't know to take it out when it wasn't part of the new director's cut.

With this hack in, one Sim could walk to another lot without problems, but if there were 2 Sims no one could leave by walking.  After removing this hack, walking to other lots worked fine.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
trevanac
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 2007 October 22, 03:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Morriganrant

I did all I could to ensure I was not installing SecuRom. I'm fairly certain I don't have it. I don't think the problem is SecuRom anyway. I did install it with the no cd, on the main user so I'm definately not pointing at SecuRom. Its why I said, I don't think it could be a firewall problem, Right? .. I was asking.  To, be sure. I will check my specs. Its a new laptop and I had bought it to meet the latest requirement of the sim games. I was more wondering more if it is a bug that they mentioned on the latest patch. I really hesitate to figure out how to install said patch since others have recommended on this site not to.  So, that's why I posted. I'm dissatisfied with my choppy play! and wondering if someone thought the patch would fix it. Thanks anyway.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 2007 October 22, 03:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had choppy play with vanilla BV, then I firewalled it and the pause-lag I had been experiencing in the neighborhood view stopped. Now my lag is caused by BV not playing as nicely with the amount of custom content that Seasons seemed to have no problem with. Does it have a common connection? Certain lots and not others, size, beach, location that kind of thing. With or without custom.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #453 on: 2007 October 22, 05:54:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a problem with getincarfix, or similar name.  I didn't have it in the folder with the rest of Pescado's hacks, so didn't know to take it out when it wasn't part of the new director's cut.

With this hack in, one Sim could walk to another lot without problems, but if there were 2 Sims no one could leave by walking.  After removing this hack, walking to other lots worked fine.

Hook

Isn't this hack necessary then? I still have it installed and the 'walk to lot' action for 1 or more sims works for me....

Spicey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 2007 October 22, 08:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just for someone's (anyone's) eddification, I've managed to locate the files that were borking my game: "anitwatchout", which was already a known problem for Sims walking off the lots, and "teen_woohoo" which was screwing up the want slots.

It has been established in its thread here that there is no problem with antiwatchout and BV; there's another hack causing the walk off lots problem.  And  woohoo_teens has been updated for BV over on the inteen site.  I suggest you do research before blaming the wrong hacks or your own stupidity for not updating them.

Carry on...

what a sweetheart you are.  i just got the ep a couple of days ago.  the woohoo teens is not inteen, fyi.  the antiwatchout was not working in my game before bv, if my sims were able to walk off the lots after i took it out, that tells me that it was a problem.
and you're not bowing low enough to use "namaste" as a signature. 

and i was making a comment about the elder clothes, not asking for your opinion.  opinions are like assholes, you know, everyone has them, and some are nastier than others.

namaste yourself.

love,

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 2007 October 22, 08:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The BV version of Jenflower's Woohoo Teens is to be found at the Inteen site.  So you are right, it is not Inteen.  But I think you'd better go back and read what Jsalemi said.  He didn't claim that Woohoo Teens is Inteen, he stated that there is an update at the Inteen site - and he's right.

I had a problem with my sims not arriving when I used the "walk to" feature.  The problem hack was TwoJeff's Visitor Controller (I was still using the old paintings version).  I upgraded to the new version - also found at the Inteen site, but you'll need to register there to get it as it's beta - and the problem was solved.  Others have found the paintings version of the VC caused the same problem in their game.  Check you aren't using the wrong version of the Visitor Controller.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 2007 October 22, 08:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just for someone's (anyone's) eddification, I've managed to locate the files that were borking my game: "anitwatchout", which was already a known problem for Sims walking off the lots, and "teen_woohoo" which was screwing up the want slots.
Old version. Get BV version, do not use pre-BV versions in BV. This problem does not exist in my game, so it's purely your refusal to update for new expansions.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2007 October 22, 15:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moonlitmaiden has recategorised some adult clothing for elders, including the kimonos and mountainwear.

Appreciate the link, Emma.  The kimonos will do quite nicely for my old Simmies. 
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 2007 October 22, 16:42:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has been established in its thread here that there is no problem with antiwatchout and BV; there's another hack causing the walk off lots problem.  And  woohoo_teens has been updated for BV over on the inteen site.  I suggest you do research before blaming the wrong hacks or your own stupidity for not updating them.

what a sweetheart you are.  i just got the ep a couple of days ago.  the woohoo teens is not inteen, fyi.  the antiwatchout was not working in my game before bv, if my sims were able to walk off the lots after i took it out, that tells me that it was a problem.
and you're not bowing low enough to use "namaste" as a signature. 

and i was making a comment about the elder clothes, not asking for your opinion.  opinions are like assholes, you know, everyone has them, and some are nastier than others.

FYI, we are well aware that woohoo teens is not Inteen.  Additionally, quite a number, if not most of us HAVE had BV installed more than a few days and have hashed through a lot of hack issues since then.  I removed a hack once which seemed to solve one problem, only to find that this was only because it conflicted with a completely different hack.  There are a number of false positives in this regard, especially if some of your hacks are not up to date, and you appear to have found one.

You have received good advice.  Try not to self-identify as pokeable.

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2007 October 22, 17:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously, just because it worked before a NEW EP came out, doesn't mean it doesn't need updated.

You learn very quickly to update your hacks before mentioning you have a problem. More often than not, someone else has already reported the problem and it's been fixed. By stating it AGAIN, in the same thread the issue was first reported, kinda shows that you didn't update your hacks like you are SUPPOSED to when a new EP comes out.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
trevanac
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 2007 October 22, 19:32:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had choppy play with vanilla BV, then I firewalled it and the pause-lag I had been experiencing in the neighborhood view stopped. Now my lag is caused by BV not playing as nicely with the amount of custom content that Seasons seemed to have no problem with. Does it have a common connection? Certain lots and not others, size, beach, location that kind of thing. With or without custom.

When I use to have too much custom content, the larger lots would play choppy, but the smaller ones would run fine. I can see a bit of choppiness in the most smallest of lots now and my bigger lots that worked fine are nearly impossible for me to have patience with. I don't have alot of Custom Content anymore.  I guess why I'm confused is because BV ran fine for 2 or 3 days and I played for hours and hours. THen suddenly the hotels wouldn't work without all the choppiness so i kept moving my family to a smaller ones. When I had Dell build this thing I specifically gave them the system requirements for BV because I knew it was coming out. Video cards, everything, I made sure they built me what I needed. This just sucks.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 2007 October 22, 23:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, well, system requirements lie. Some people have reported that their loading times and such are actually shorter with BV, some report longer, mine were so long to begin with I can't tell the differance.
It may be that your computer really can not handle it, even if the box says it should. Did you get above the requirements or the minimum?
Have you installed anti redundancy? If you have not, then do so, and then learn how to remove extra characters from the game files. There's plenty of info in the war room.
Have you used the compressorizer program? If not, I recommend that too. It can compress your downloads folder to a much smaller size in some cases. http://www.djssims.com/index.php?category=21

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
ithinknot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 2007 October 23, 12:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all of the updated DC (as of two days ago) and I also have the issue of other patrons stealing my food from under my nose in a hotel restaurant. The server came and put the plate down, and before my sim's water glass could disappear, some other vacationer came over and took the plate. Bastard. *Edit - I still have to pay for each plate too, no matter how many times this happens. I'm hoping this is a bug and not a feature. The price of my total dinner after feeding three of these sorry, fraggle rockin mooches was ridiculous.*

I have only managed to be able to capture the ninja by making my sim's wife meditate. If you go to the Zen Garden and meditate the ninja appears the first time you do it every single time. I couldn't catch him, so I went back to the vacation home, then walked back to the lot, rinse, repeat. Finally I had her meditate, made my other sim active immediately, and as soon as he appeared I clicked learn to teleport for my guy and it worked fine. I have yet to figure out how the hell to catch him if my sim is alone. Bastard.

What does the pickpocket look like? I've played all the lots for two rl days and have yet to see him.

Finally, my sim has all the vaca memories and nothing special has happened to him either. Not that I'm aware of anyway. And no, I don't have the prima guide either. Could barely afford the expansion as is. I would appreciate the suggestion of someone linking to the information that was made earlier.

Off to pirate some boo-tay.
« Last Edit: 2007 October 23, 13:00:42 by ithinknot » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2007 October 23, 16:30:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, given that 2 out of 3 vacation destinations are, apparently, inaccessible by car, it stands to reason that making vacation destinations driveable by car was not high on the list of things to do.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 2007 October 23, 16:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does the pickpocket look like? I've played all the lots for two rl days and have yet to see him.
He looks like Snidely Whiplash. Take anti-redundancy out, wait until you see him, put it back in again.

There doesn't appear to be any reward for getting all the vacation memories. I guess it's just something to do.

Unsouper
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 2007 October 23, 16:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So has someone figured out how to make custom locals/tourists so that they're not butt ugly? I remember seeing someone complaining that they were not spawning off of the replacement templates people were using.

trevanac
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 2007 October 23, 19:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may be that your computer really can not handle it, even if the box says it should. Did you get above the requirements or the minimum?

A little bit of both. My husband actually looked at the requirements and talked to dell asked them if he was getting enough. I guess it wasn't enough. Not for BV anyway. I have a huge monitor so the only way I could make everything look good was to mess with the "smooth edges" and adjusting it back to "less" helped a bit, but it still can't handle the provided vacation hotel lots. I'm so crushed my pc can't handle it. What would help with choppy play? Upgrading RAM? The video card?

and btw, I do have the anti redundancy hack Smiley
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2007 October 23, 20:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so crushed my pc can't handle it. What would help with choppy play? Upgrading RAM? The video card?

1) Make sure you disable background running processes as instructed in the "optimizing performance" section of the EA booklet that comes with BV.  Disable your virus software as well, if you can.
2) Disconnect your computer from the internet - run offline.  Some lag has been reportedly caused by the game or secuROM trying to phone the mother ship.
3) Check graphics settings - set shadows to medium (this will likely make little or no difference in appearance of the game, but will hopefully release some system resources).
4) Launch your game from the Sims2EP6.exe file, not the launcher.

If you don't do some/all of the above already, I would try them before dropping money on more RAM or a new vid card, especially since you have already got a computer that has a card with the right specs (according to EA anyway).

Tribulatio proxima est
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2007 October 23, 21:48:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And as others here have pointed out, you're still practicing stupidity.  If you notice, I gave you the proper advice on where to find the latest woohoo_teens (unlike you, I DO bother to read what's being said), and pointed out (as did the person who wrote the hack) that antiwatchout was not a problem. 

No, the problem continued to be yours because you're too fucking stupid to do your homework before opening your mouth. If you want nice, you're at the wrong site -- here we poke stupid people with sharp, pointy sticks until they get less stupid or leave.

« Last Edit: 2007 October 23, 21:57:53 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 2007 October 24, 01:51:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So has someone figured out how to make custom locals/tourists so that they're not butt ugly? I remember seeing someone complaining that they were not spawning off of the replacement templates people were using.

Try this thread.  You may also want to use Argon's empty BV templates.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2007 October 24, 15:23:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Kyna, I found that thread right after I posted that. Of course.

I just wonder why the stupid locals aren't using replacement templates like they should be.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 2007 October 24, 16:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're also not using names from Jordi's live mod, which is in my game.

I suspect their characters are like the PV/ST/VV townies, in that they already exist in the neighbourhood template rather than being created, clothed and named when the game requires them.  This would be why they aren't drawing from replacement face templates.  I assume EA did it this way so that the tourists would have same last names as the other characters in the same tourist family.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2007 October 24, 16:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if there is a way to make a custom template for them then. I wouldn't mind have another default replacement around for that.

Like how Madam Mim made the Medieval townies. If someone made a template for the tourists and locals and shared it. T'would be nice.

ithinknot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 2007 October 24, 19:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He looks like Snidely Whiplash. Take anti-redundancy out, wait until you see him, put it back in again.

You said this and I got this picture in my head that cracked me the hell up. I thought, "Surely not!" I thought wrong. Took out anti-redundancy and waited. I knew who he was at first sight. That's amusing. And thanks for the help!
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2007 October 25, 01:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if there is a way to make a custom template for them then. I wouldn't mind have another default replacement around for that.

Like how Madam Mim made the Medieval townies. If someone made a template for the tourists and locals and shared it. T'would be nice.

It would. And then the tourist families could actually be families.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: