More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 15:51:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bon Voyage dissatisfaction
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bon Voyage dissatisfaction  (Read 221758 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Bon Voyage dissatisfaction
« Reply #400 on: 2007 October 12, 13:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Empty?  I wish mine were empty, instead of all the stupid tourists starting and not finishing sand castles until there's hardly any room for my sims to walk...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #401 on: 2007 October 12, 14:02:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh. I finally found a way to get the tourists to swim at my public beach:

Wow how?

Because I'm tired of seeing the beaches empty with no people other than my sims.

Sounds like you have empty templates with no townie regen installed. Do you? My beach lots are swarming with vacation townies Roll Eyes

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2007 October 12, 15:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh. I finally found a way to get the tourists to swim at my public beach:

Wow how?

Because I'm tired of seeing the beaches empty with no people other than my sims.
On residentials? Yeah, you don't generally get people trespassing. This is a public beach lot...a residential with a ticket-taker, hot tub, water wiggle, beach chairs, and boom box.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2007 October 12, 15:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a public beach lot...a residential with a ticket-taker, hot tub, water wiggle, beach chairs, and boom box.

That works, eh, on a residential lot?  I would have guessed that it would be more something to do with a comm lot, but now I appear to be wrong.  Res lot with ticket taker - is this "OFB required?"  That would explain why I don't "get it", so to speak.

Tribulatio proxima est
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2007 October 12, 16:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the ticket taker is an OFB thing, as are home businesses.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 2007 October 12, 16:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thought as much.  Heigh ho.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 2007 October 12, 19:12:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thought as much.  Heigh ho.
OFB is much fun. I didn't fully appreciate it until I started using Business Runs You (directing sales socials manually sucks). OFB is, at heart, what my current 'hood is about. That and giving townies heatstroke, apparently.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2007 October 13, 08:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Talking about heatstroke, what's with the permanent surnburn? Ugh. I have one sim who seems to have turned into a lobster.

More F than you
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2007 October 13, 08:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My tans and sunburn don't seem to be permanent.  Although, I have only had one of each, but they seem to disappear in time - seems like quite a long time, but it does go.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2007 October 13, 10:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was quite surprised to see my first sun tan sim..especially since I use custom default skins among other custom skins.  But my sim turned darker in the summer.  I did not have him layiing out in the sun though or anything so is it just something that happens in the summer season?

I'm still annoyed by the fact that most of my water surrounded terrains do not make suitable terrains for my beach lots.  There is always massive hilliness or steep slopes involved.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2007 October 13, 10:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sunburn is permanent also Sad

You have to reburn them to get them back to normal.  THANKS EA.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2007 October 13, 17:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sunburns aren't permanent, but they do take a few days to slough off. The 'hood is Summer-Fall-Spring-Summer. So if there's an especially hot day in the middle of the first Summer, it might be until the first day of Fall before I see it gone. The first double-Summer was especially hot. I'd have a sim call a buddy and most of the people listed were bright red. I also have a townie (Peter Sims...why did I forget the Seasons empty template?) who is permanently sooty-faced due to getting hit by lightning during the wet season. Once I get a beauty shop going, I'll fix it. In the meantime, he's kept around for pointing and laughing at.

Heatstrokes, however, are permanent. During that same double-Summer, I lost two townies to it. Dumb idiots were hanging in the hottub on a super-hot day.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2007 October 13, 18:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took my sims on vacation (staying at a custom hotel) and their "guests" can not sleep or relax on a single bed. I can only get them to relax on a double bed. My household sims have no problem but how are the guests supposed to go to sleep? I tried the control pets cheat and can direct them to do other things but not sleep in the bed???
Please tell me I'm doing something wrong and not that this is the way it was programmed.   Huh

I'm really starting to believe EA/Maxis, whoever, purposefully leaves things out of their EP's because they know some modder will make a hack for it. Less work for them.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2007 October 13, 19:50:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All my sunburns aren't permanent, just some of them. I had one kid who got burnt his first day as a child and was well into his teens before I managed to reburn him so he changed back.  Tongue

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2007 October 13, 20:13:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please tell me I'm doing something wrong and not that this is the way it was programmed.   Huh

Alas, that IS the way it was programmed. Guests don't need sleep, because the game periodically recharges their motives.  I took a guest on vacation once, and swore I'd never do it again -- it's just too borked as it's programmed.

I think there's a 'guests sleep in beds' hack floating around somewhere, but for the life of me I can't remember where I saw it right now. If I remember I'll modify this post.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2007 October 13, 20:44:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're playing with the testing cheats on, you can slide down their energy, and they will find a bed to sleep in.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2007 October 13, 21:05:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had guests with energy almost in the red, and they didn't sleep, and then suddenly their energy jumped back up to about 1/2 way.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2007 October 13, 21:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arggh..(shakes head)...
I thought I noticed something funny with their energy motive going up a little but I thought it was just my eyes.
So I have to "cheat" in order to make the game do something that is common sense, what else is new.  Roll Eyes
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2007 October 14, 01:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had guests with energy almost in the red, and they didn't sleep, and then suddenly their energy jumped back up to about 1/2 way.

That's so odd. I definitely did it that way. I accidentally took a townie on vacation with the family one trip, and he was annoying me.  But that family was pretty borked. Maybe I just got lucky with it being borked in a good way.

- Kurt Vonnegut
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2007 October 14, 01:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, interesting. They probably built that cheat in for the same reason the dormie Uni protect "cheat" is there: Because the AI is so braindead stupid that if it isn't there, sims will just pee on themselves and pass out in their own urine otherwise.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 2007 October 14, 02:26:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably. The guest did 'react' to the BUY I had in the various bathrooms, so her bladder never got critical, but she wouldn't sleep.  In fact, she did get in the red while her and her boyfriend were on a comm lot, and popped up a message to the effect that she was exhausted, and was heading home.  But she never did leave the lot, and when they got back to the hotel together, her energy went back up a few minutes after they arrived. They even woohooed in the bed under ACR control, and he fell asleep, and she got up and wandered to the beach, where she stayed all night.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Spicey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2007 October 16, 21:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone tried walking between lots yet? I've heard of a problem, but I don't know if the person is running hack-free.

i wondered what was up with that.  i tell my sims to walk off the lot, and then the action drops out of their queue.  also, is anyone else having as much trouble with the wants slots as i am?  i don't see any seasons wants at all since i installed bonvoyage, and after the sims get done going thought all the vacation wants, the slots stay empty.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2007 October 16, 21:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Walking between lots is working perfectly in my game.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2007 October 16, 21:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i wondered what was up with that.  i tell my sims to walk off the lot, and then the action drops out of their queue.  also, is anyone else having as much trouble with the wants slots as i am?  i don't see any seasons wants at all since i installed bonvoyage, and after the sims get done going thought all the vacation wants, the slots stay empty.

You have one or more (probably more) incompatible or old version hacks in your game that are causing these problems. Make sure you update all your hacks to BV versions. If that doesn't work, take them all out and put them back in a binary search to see which one is causing the problem.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2007 October 16, 21:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC, it was TJ's visitor controller that was the number one culprit of that (walk to lot) problem. He's since updated it.

- Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: