More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 18:58:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bon Voyage dissatisfaction
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bon Voyage dissatisfaction  (Read 221837 times)
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Bon Voyage dissatisfaction
« Reply #325 on: 2007 September 20, 19:52:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm. Only nonawesome is plausible, Awesome are most recent. Thx sloppyhousewife.

How many spaces are in front of the stove? If there are not enough spaces the chef will not spawn because he does not have room to. The food still showed fine but there was not a visual cook "cooking" it. The cooks do not actually cook in the game, the food is merely spawned. For another report of an invisible chef go to this thread:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9276.0.html

The tread is dead. I post here.
Found a fix for invisble Chefs in Hotel Restaurants in Vacation Hoods. I have sendt a Sim to the Hotels. Made him check in and forced an error on the stove. After do this a Chef appeared and worked in the kitchen without probs. I had only to save the Lot after that. No more invisible Chefs seen. Maybe the stoves got broken in the Template Hood.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: 2007 September 20, 22:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the ACR adjuster is only needed on-lot for teens and elders to do ACR actions, adults don't need it.

Ahh! That explains that then!

Are you using the Beta version of ACR? I've noticed that, since it, my sims can't keep their hands off each other for a moment. I actually had to turn ACR autonomy down so that Stella (the live-in of Kennedy--one of the twins of the first Queen's Cove settler) wouldn't starve herself to death during her pregnancy for wanting to make out with her boyfriend. Not that this is a bad thing in general, but it would definitely get in the way on vacation.

Yes, I am. Good idea for turning it down, I might do that on Vacation lots. Smiley

twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: 2007 September 21, 00:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something about this picture not look right to you?  I just started playing with a Bigfoot I moved into a TSR challenge house, and sent him to the shower.  He got shooed out of the shower by a sim that needed to throw up, and I noticed that his fur/body mesh are not showerproof.  I do have default replacement skins, so that could be the cause.  I just wondered if anyone else has had this issue.  He changes back into his fur/mesh when he gets out of the shower.  It's stupid if he was made this way.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2007 September 21, 07:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I burninated my test hood with the adopted bigfoot - I don't recall his skin not being showerproof at all, but I do recall that BUY refused to ever see him as clean.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2007 September 21, 10:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Concerning the triple speed problem upon arrival on community lots : visiting the affected community lots in build mode and saving seems to fix it in my game.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2007 September 21, 11:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They want ones with degrees and playtesting experience and only want to pay them $10/hour in Redwood City. The average bored housewife or poor college student in the Bay Area would make more working at WALMART than playtesting for Eaxis. I think this is reflected in the quality of the work.  Wink

You're joking? That's nearly £5 and I'd happily playtest for that amount of money (not forever obviously, but as a temporary summer job or something back when I was a student). I'd only make an extra 35p an hour working at some crappy supermarket and that's only because I'm over 22 and therefore qualify for the £5.35 per hour minimum wage, no doubt when I was under 22 I would have been paid much less. Happily I now get paid a lot more than the minimum wage so I don't need to worry about it anymore.

I didn't get the triple speed problem on community lots until suddenly everytime I visited one the community lot populator started throwing up errors. Once I'd managed to get rid of the error messages by turning off debug mode the game would flip to triple speed. This happened all the time until I found out which hack needed updating to stop the errors.

EDITED because I can't spell sometimes.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 21, 12:46:32 by Sivany » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2007 September 21, 13:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Concerning the triple speed problem upon arrival on community lots : visiting the affected community lots in build mode and saving seems to fix it in my game.

Hmmm, I'm seeing the opposite -- I went to all the comm lots in build mode to add things like the BUY controllers, and now every time my sims visit a lot it's in triple speed.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: 2007 September 21, 13:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I burninated my test hood with the adopted bigfoot - I don't recall his skin not being showerproof at all, but I do recall that BUY refused to ever see him as clean.

Maybe my Bigfoot is a hoaxer.  He's just a regular guy in a bigfoot suit.  Roll Eyes  It's probably the default replacement skin.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2007 September 21, 17:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe my Bigfoot is a hoaxer.  He's just a regular guy in a bigfoot suit.  Roll Eyes  It's probably the default replacement skin.
Well. I have the no-censor hack and my Bigfoot goes nude in the shower. It's feasible that if he's interrupted, he could walk around without his fur, just like sims in the shower who are interrupted by a birth will race around in the nude. The Bigfoot body fur is just clothing, and is changeable if you have Squinge's PregandServoAppearanceChange for Seasons. That's how mine is a Ninja. With that, hair and body is changeable. Face is not, as it seems to be some sort of special mask that can't be removed.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
InPinkClover
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2007 September 21, 18:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been playing Sims since the very beginning. I've always had all eps and all stuff packs. Not all are really wonderful, but I've never had any serious complaints ... until BV. Today I will remove BV and redo everything. I'm sick of the extended load times (which is VERY painful since I have almost 50,000 downloads to load!) and things crashing (like the BV Mansion, which I didn't even make or change - I haven't even seen it inside yet). And no, I'm not using any mods that were not fixed for BV. I found that out the hard way (never had an issue before) with the newspapers falling all over my lots. lol

I'm going to stick with Seasons until it gets (officially) patched properly and more mods are updated. To me, mods are a requirement. The stupid things these sims do (or don't do) drive me absolutely batty. Like constantly waking up the toddlers! Arggg.
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2007 September 21, 19:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also when putting jewelry on a sim in CAS, when I wanted to remove earrings the sim wouldn't get updated so I had to finish the sim and then bring her back into CAS to see if the jewelry had actually been removed or not.

I have the same problem. Also, whenever I edit my Sims in CAS, my game slows to a crawl if I try to fix their makeup/glasses/jewelry (basically, anything under the '4' category). The earrings are non-removable once you've created the sim, which is just stupid. *Shakes fist at EAxis*
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2007 September 21, 22:29:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been playing Sims since the very beginning. I've always had all eps and all stuff packs. Not all are really wonderful, but I've never had any serious complaints ... until BV. Today I will remove BV and redo everything. I'm sick of the extended load times (which is VERY painful since I have almost 50,000 downloads to load!) and things crashing ...

That's part of your problem: 50,000 downloads.  Haven't you heard of jfade's compressorizer?  http://www.djssims.com/index.php?category=21
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2007 September 21, 22:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, think I might feel like playing the sims tomorrow, better start booting it up.  Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2007 September 21, 23:20:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, inpinkclover wins the award for the most downloads...

I can't even imagine playing with that many in game...I hated the wait times when I got just over 10,000 files, so I purged and have since managed to keep it to around 6,000 - much more manageable and load times aren't atrocious.

Anyhoo, back on topic...

EAxis has announced they are working to correct THREE bugs... that's it. Three. Thread's over at official BBS. 

I know it's only a game and world peace (or whirled peas for those who prefer) is not hanging by a thread waiting for fixes to the BV bugs, but honestly.

And, I have been reluctant to inform, but my neighborhood died...and not from the NPC regeneration thing, either.  Semi-self-induced when I attempted to locate a malfunctioning hack.

And lastly - has anyone else noticed that we are back to all talk and no eat again?  And yes, I have the NoEatCrap latest version installed.

Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2007 September 21, 23:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...I'm sick of the extended load times (which is VERY painful since I have almost 50,000 downloads to load!) and things crashing ...
That's part of your problem: 50,000 downloads.  Haven't you heard of jfade's compressorizer?  http://www.djssims.com/index.php?category=21
Uh, no.  Compression will not improve their situation at all, if anything it'll make it even slower.  Decompression might but the gains would be negligible.  The best way to improve those load times (sans upgrading) would be to get rid of any unused downloads or move them somewhere where the game won't find them.  If you're only loading stuff that you're going to use then you're not going to spend time grabbing stuff you're not going to use.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2007 September 22, 00:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, inpinkclover wins the award for the most downloads...

Actually no. There was a chap here who claimed 16 gig. personally I thought he was a few gig short of a terabyte. tebibyte.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2007 September 22, 00:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate to possibly agree with Paperbladder  Tongue but compressing the downloads may not be the solution- the manual even says that it makes some people's load longer (I don't know how it couldn't) I decided to give it a look-see, and it more than doubled my load time. Of course, I only have 5500 downloads, but still.

50K downloads is more than a little excessive. I don't think you can really blame BV for that long load time..  Roll Eyes

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2007 September 22, 00:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somehow I doubt EA is going to fix the problem with the eggplant juice. Angry

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: 2007 September 22, 01:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have 21.8GB.  Longest load time for me is around 20 minutes (I go elsewhere while it loads, so it's no big deal).  Of course, I have a nice fast finely-tuned-and-taken-care-of PC.  I love being a comp geek.  Grin

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2007 September 22, 01:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My 5500 downloads is about 1.5 GB. It loads in 3 minutes from clicking the icon to inside the lot.  (I love my Raptor!!!) Cheesy Compressed, it was 5 minutes just to get to the choose a neighborhood screen. Where I promptly shut the game down, deleted the downloads folder and replaced it with the backup. If it took 20 minutes to load my game, I wouldn't!

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2007 September 22, 03:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My 5500 downloads is about 1.5 GB. It loads in 3 minutes from clicking the icon to inside the lot.  (I love my Raptor!!!) Cheesy Compressed, it was 5 minutes just to get to the choose a neighborhood screen. Where I promptly shut the game down, deleted the downloads folder and replaced it with the backup. If it took 20 minutes to load my game, I wouldn't!

I keep my DL folder to just under one gig; have about the same load time as you do (and the Raptor).  Played tonight and noticed that my RAM dropped to 822MB (I run with two gig) in BV.  It's a RAM eater. 

Twenty minutes to load?  That's ridiculous.  My rig is three years old and I'd walk away from any game that took ten minutes to load, let alone 20. 

On a positive note, over the past couple of days I've been building a rental house and played it for the first time tonight (after converting the zoning to hotel).  The maid was super attentive, making beds, taking out the trash, cleaning toilets, etc., and best of all, only one NPC showed up.  She had a hissy fit because she could not gain entry to the house and the fencing kept her off the beach.  So she left.  This is the first vacation lodging that was actually enjoyable to play. 
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #346 on: 2007 September 22, 04:00:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not ridiculous to me, certainly.  Hey, I can fix dinner, clean, or whatever else while letting it load.  Besides, my loading time is not as bad as those with older systems who try to play with 10+ Gigs of downloads.  Their loading time is around an hour or more.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: 2007 September 22, 11:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game takes 15-20 minutes to load too, and I've only got about 3Gb of downloads. It doesn't make too much of a difference whether I have custom content in game or not - it takes the same amount of time either way. It's annoying, but not that bad. I just open it up, and while it's loading I continue to look around on the internet for a bit or have that toilet break that I've been too lazy to get up and have. A lot of times I get so caught up in what I'm doing on the net, I forget I had the game loading  Cheesy
Angie
Corpulent Cretin

ISTP - "Engineer"

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2007 September 23, 19:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having problems getting their sims to play SSX3?  They will play it autonomously, but whenever I direct them to do it, it drops out of their queue.  I tried replacing the computer (lost $1000 due to depreciation, grr) and still the same problem.

And no, I don't have any hacks related to computer usage.
Vanan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2007 September 23, 20:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having problems getting their sims to play SSX3?  They will play it autonomously, but whenever I direct them to do it, it drops out of their queue.  I tried replacing the computer (lost $1000 due to depreciation, grr) and still the same problem.

And no, I don't have any hacks related to computer usage.

I wish, they are all over that computer >.<
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: