More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:41:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bon Voyage dissatisfaction
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bon Voyage dissatisfaction  (Read 219150 times)
pixiejuice
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
Re: Bon Voyage dissatisfaction
« Reply #200 on: 2007 September 11, 04:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please say a notouristregen is in the works and if Inge happens to be floating around a "make me a tourist" update to her teleporter wouldn't be half bad either.

I am seconding all of this right now!  Oh, the ugliness!!!  Somebody please make it stop!

yet another sims 2 blog: http://lakesideheights.blogspot.com/
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2007 September 11, 05:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim seating behavior has always been stupid. I've given up on having a patio table or breakfast nook, because then I invariably get Sims sitting all over the place. I can see this getting even worse with hotels.

I've always wished there could be seating assignments, or at least plate-plop assignments. As it is, there is no reason to have outdoor furniture for BBQing in the summertime or anything. And who wants to take X table away so they'll use table Y? I ask you.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2007 September 11, 05:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The serving of room service annoys me as well. And with buy mode controls being disabled, there's no way to pick up the serving tray and just move it someplace else. I wondered if there were another table available, if the bell hop would put it there instead of at the seating table. I haven't tried this yet, but I do wonder if it might help.

I'm not sure I like restaurants in the hotels either. I'm not sure if this is normal restaurant behavior or not, but I sent a family of four on vacation (newleyweds and her parents). I had one of the sims go to the restaurant and ask to get seated. No one else in his family could join him, meaning they all had to ask to be seated and were seated at separate tables. That sucks. Is there something I'm missing here about how to get a family that's not an outing to sit together in a restaurant?

I'm wondering if it's worth it to try and put a banquet table in a hotel. I might try taking out the kitchen and podium in one of the fancy hotels and replacing it with a buffet table and see if that helps at all.

blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2007 September 11, 05:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is actually a hack at simlogical, that helps you to organize where sims eat there breakfasts or diners exactly.
My sims now eat breakfast outside on patio, and dinner at dining room.

But you have to configure it for every table, so I don't see how this is useful for hotels, though very helpfull at home Smiley
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2007 September 11, 05:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First evening I've had time to sit and play with BV installed.

So far, I'm noticing a couple odd things - I no longer get the 'tend many' 'spray many' 'harvest many' options with the orchard trees...have to click each one individually - a real pain on large orchard lots.

And I've had NO weather. Zip. not a raindrop.

Very few 'non-awesome' hacks installed (or are we now calling TwoJeff's hacks non-awesome?)...

There's an awful lot of queue dropping, too...

In any case, I've not had the guts to play a Maxis made hotel yet... I'm never thrilled with the way they build things.

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2007 September 11, 06:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is actually a hack at simlogical, that helps you to organize where sims eat there breakfasts or diners exactly.

But you have to configure it for every table, so I don't see how this is useful for hotels, though very helpfull at home Smiley

HOLEEE man, blackcat. Thanks. It pays to be the squeaky wheel sometimes.

Also, can you differentiate between visitors and customers, vs. family?
« Last Edit: 2007 September 11, 06:20:59 by Assmitten » Logged

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2007 September 11, 06:27:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure I like restaurants in the hotels either. I'm not sure if this is normal restaurant behavior or not, but I sent a family of four on vacation (newleyweds and her parents). I had one of the sims go to the restaurant and ask to get seated. No one else in his family could join him, meaning they all had to ask to be seated and were seated at separate tables. That sucks. Is there something I'm missing here about how to get a family that's not an outing to sit together in a restaurant?
This is normal. In order to be seated as a group, you need to form up into an outing group. It is really less hassle to simply cook up a few platters of MREs via "Make Many", and use Macro-Eat to dispense them, anywhere, anytime, as needed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2007 September 11, 08:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I built a hotel restaurant, and it wasn't working, either.  Huh But I deleted that lot, because it had wayyy to many rooms for other Sims and my game crawled.

I tried placing counters- right by the DOOR even, in hotel rooms. The bellhop still dropped it onto the table. Grr

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: 2007 September 11, 08:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's per room Smiley

WRT the teleporter, I don't think it makes sense to use it for making tourists.  There are 16 possible tourist families - and I would think you'd prefer to make the families as cohesive groups and change the number of the whole family number in SimPE.   Also some tourists will be drawn from your playable sims and townies it said in the guide I htink.   The three new larger families are the locals for that area, and I am not sure you can put normal sims into those and still have them work - like you can't make a new maid through the game.   Though I am not sure about that it could  be worth a try.   You'd probably have to kit them up in local garb first though.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 11, 08:44:53 by Inge » Logged

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Corylea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2007 September 11, 10:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I've had NO weather. Zip. not a raindrop.

Really?  Wow.  It's been raining practically nonstop in my Takemizu Village.  I keep thinking that they'll never make a go of it as a tourist destination if it rains all the time.

Middle-aged professional woman still plays computer games.    Film at 11.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: 2007 September 11, 10:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The serving of room service annoys me as well. And with buy mode controls being disabled, there's no way to pick up the serving tray and just move it someplace else.

boolprop dormSpecificToolsDisabled false

Reennables buy mode, at least temporarily, whenevr it is normally disabled, such as when playing a dorm, community lot, or hotel, during a fire, burglary, or social worker visit.

If the lot allows you to use  the eyedropper on ce the above  cheat is entered, you can get into Build Mode by using the eyedropper tool o a build mode object, such as a door.

My own dissattisfactions include:

"Assign...Be Masseusse" doesn't seem to work.

THere doesn't seem to be a way to force a Sim you don't control to leave a tent, short of Force Error. In a test business lot, I  put a  tent down, and one of the employees entered it. Even though I dismissed all the employees soon afterwards, she remained in the tent until I force Errored her out.

Possibly the new norandomcrushes has fixed this,, but I was a bit stunned to realize that the tent option  "Chat With [Sim]" was a Romantic Interaction,.

Strangely, the Food Stands gnerate an NPC when placed on an owned business, which make  a vague amount osf snse as you couldn't get a  Sim or Employee in there otherwise.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 11, 10:44:40 by notovny » Logged

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2007 September 11, 10:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some more annoyances:

Sims have now started dropping certain skill-building user-directed actions autonomously. I tell them to paint, they do for a bit then suddenly decide that because their bladder motive is halfway down they're going to stop and start chatting to their family member who is supposed to be skilling charisma on the bathroom mirror but who has also stopped. This never used to happen, if you instructed them to skill build they used to carry on until they were ready to drop (or wet themselves, whichever). I've noticed that logic building actions don't have this problem.

Room service doesn't work for me. I ordered it, waited and waited and nothing materialised.

Everyone think rain is the most fasinating thing ever again. Grrr Angry

The not eating together in restaurants is annoying, but I can see why they set it up like that because you don't want one hungry sim forcing all your non-hungry sims into eating because they only eat as a group.

Also one last problem. Yesterday I sent two sims on a honeymoon, when they left their house (which had other sims living in it) I expected it to save the home lot. If it did the game gave no indication that this is what it was doing. The sims then arrived at the hotel and checked in. At this point I had to go out so I saved and went to quit. When I pressed quit a dialogue box came up, and assuming it was the standard "Are you sure?" box I automatically went to hit yes. Unfortunately it was just as I hit yes that I realised the box actually said "Are you sure you want to quit from here? If you...." That's all I got before the box vanished. So was the box telling me that the original home lot hadn't been saved and that I needed to finish the vacation and head back home in order for everything to be saved? I really hope not, but I guess I'll find out later when I play.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2007 September 11, 11:05:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is it that the witch doctor's hut (secret location) doesn't save its state from one visit to the next?  So every time you go there with a new family, you have to waste time fixing/replacing all the broken crap in his house yet again.  At least with the other vacation lots, changes you make during gameplay are saved.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 11, 13:49:10 by karen » Logged
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2007 September 11, 11:16:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is normal : it is a community lot so changes are not saved, and your next sims to go can fix everything so that the witch doctor wants to give them the voodoo doll. Only hotels save changes in my gameplay experience, not ordinary vacation community lot.
The 2 other secret lot will behave the same as the witch doctor one, again so that different sims can go and grab the reward....
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2007 September 11, 11:24:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm....I guess I'll have to try again.  I couldn't get the witch doctor to do anything at all, even after all the broken stuff was repaired.  All he wants to do is sleep.  Do you initiate the interaction, or does the witch doctor come to your Sim to offer the voodoo doll?
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2007 September 11, 11:50:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you initiate the interaction, or does the witch doctor come to your Sim to offer the voodoo doll?
The witch doctor offers it to the sim. In my case, it took so long to repair all the appliances (my sim had 0, repeat: 0 mechanic skill points Grin) plus replenishing my sim's needs after being shocked several times, that the witch doctor was awake again when I had finally finished the various tasks Cheesy

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Catju
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2007 September 11, 11:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims don't seem to have any other vacation wants than to go on vacation and go to Far East. I have all three vacation 'hoods in my regular 'hoods, but my sims only want to go to Far East. Is it just my game or/and can it be fixed somehow? (I think all my hacks are awesome at the moment.) Also it would be nice if my sims didn't have wants to go on tour and other stuff that are only available in vacations, when they're home. Roll Eyes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2007 September 11, 11:59:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is it that the witch doctor's hut (secret location in the Mountain hood) doesn't save its state from one visit to the next?  So every time you go there with a new family, you have to waste time fixing/replacing all the broken crap in his house yet again.  At least with the other vacation lots, changes you make during gameplay are saved.
The Witch Doctor's hut is in the mountain hood? I thought it was in the Island hood?

And the Witch Doctor's Hut doesn't retain its state because if it did, only one person would EVER be able to do that scenario. Everyone else would find a witch doctor not in need of aid, and thus not be given anything.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: 2007 September 11, 13:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the Witch Doctor's Hut doesn't retain its state because if it did, only one person would EVER be able to do that scenario. Everyone else would find a witch doctor not in need of aid, and thus not be given anything.

My sim still didn't get anything.   Undecided  Maybe he forgot why she was there, as she had no mechanical points when she started, so it took a long time to fix all the stuff.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2007 September 11, 13:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe he forgot why she was there, as she had no mechanical points when she started, so it took a long time to fix all the stuff.

No - I got the voodoo doll just fine under these circumstances:

In my case, it took so long to repair all the appliances (my sim had 0, repeat: 0 mechanic skill points Grin) plus replenishing my sim's needs after being shocked several times, that the witch doctor was awake again when I had finally finished the various tasks Cheesy

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: 2007 September 11, 13:52:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She could interact with the Witch Doctor after everything was fixed, but he didn't ever give her anything, nor could I find any way to ask him.  I also checked her inventory just to be sure, but no Mr. Mickles.  I'm sure it's just glitched -- maybe just for that one visit, but I'm not in a hurry to try it again unless I take a sim with high mechanical points.

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2007 September 11, 14:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Witch Doctor's hut is in the mountain hood? I thought it was in the Island hood?

Sorry, my mistake.  That's what I get for playing too much yesterday, I think  Smiley

And I do understand your point about the lot having to be in that state so that future visitors can play the scenario....it's just that I haven't been able to get the scenario to actually *work* yet.  Also, I hate those crappy looking cheap appliances, and always have the urge to replace them with better ones the minute I get on the lot.

Karen
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2007 September 11, 14:19:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, my mistake.  That's what I get for playing too much yesterday, I think  Smiley

And I do understand your point about the lot having to be in that state so that future visitors can play the scenario....it's just that I haven't been able to get the scenario to actually *work* yet.  Also, I hate those crappy looking cheap appliances, and always have the urge to replace them with better ones the minute I get on the lot.

Karen

Greetings, I am very new here and quite unawsome, but may have some insight.  I had this Issue with the witch doctor on several occasions until I realized my sim must speak to the good doctor before repairing anything.  I have to do it this way to get it to work:

1: speak to doctor "offer help" I believe. (it's the only option)
2: repair all things
3: mop up the water
4: get a snack

And then the good doctor will come see my sim.

If this does not help or is impertinent, I do apologize.

Mitchellcjs
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2007 September 11, 14:30:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to do it this way to get it to work:
1: speak to doctor "offer help" I believe. (it's the only option)
2: repair all things
3: mop up the water
4: get a snack

Aha!  So it's another "headmaster" type interaction where if you don't initiate the proper interaction, it has no effect (similar to "offer tour of house").  Obviously I need to play while more awake so I can actually notice and comprehend interaction menus.

Tribulatio proxima est
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2007 September 11, 14:47:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, sort of, except that there IS only one interaction ("offer help") at the beginning, so it's gotta be the proper one Wink.

Just offer help and *never* interact with the witch doctor again - he's supposed to address you! At least that's how it worked for me. Just like the local greetings, you will never learn them if you always interrupt the locals while trying to chat or whatnot.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: