More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 22:52:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bon Voyage dissatisfaction
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bon Voyage dissatisfaction  (Read 221191 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Bon Voyage dissatisfaction
« Reply #150 on: 2007 September 09, 10:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, that's leading me to think it's a random crapshoot as to whether your answer will be correct or not.  Bugger!

And with my bass and squash - I don't recall any preparation going on with a bench before hand, but I can double check later.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2007 September 09, 10:38:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim booked a vacation for Sunday on a Monday. On Wednesday, she spun up the want "go on a far east vacation". I locked it. It never got fulfilled, not when she went on the vacation, not when she came back. Should this want be "book far east vacation" instead, or is it just broken?

Hotel maids don't touch dishes, from what I've seen. "Luckily" the dishwasher in the hotel my Sims stayed in was readily accessible. It's a feature!

One of my Sims learned to teleport by answering "courage", the other one failed to learn because she answered "courage". I would guess it's completely random, which is annoying.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2007 September 09, 10:43:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anybody know what happens to vacation homes own by sims once the sim dies?  I'm wondering if another sims inherits them or if they just revert back to "for sale"

The vacation home passes to 1) the member of the owner's household with the highest lifetime relationship to the owner; 2) the owner's closest married or blood relative; 3) the owner's closest friend; 4) back to the community.

Awesome!  Assuming it works properly..that will work very well for some storylines I have going for some of my sims for having places back in their "homelands" being transferred to their children upon death.

Maids:  They come in and watch my sims sleep..talk about creepy!

Fish: I never needed a counter top or anything to prepare the ones caught..or so I thought.  Could have been my imagination.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2007 September 09, 10:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, that's leading me to think it's a random crapshoot as to whether your answer will be correct or not.  Bugger!
This issue is addressed in the War Room. Death to all Nesses.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2007 September 09, 11:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've given up on ninjas for the time being, my sims are now in the mountains and no, they didn't need a surface to prepare their blackened catfish.

Off to the war room now, see if ninja logic makes sense.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2007 September 09, 11:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I forgot to mention that I catch ninjas by heading straight to the spot where they spawn when the lot loads.  Sometimes you don't get much time before the zap off somewhere else, or away completely, so if you're close and waiting it works better.
* Ness follows Witch to the war room
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2007 September 09, 11:23:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I catch ninjas by waiting 'till he teleports somewhere accesible, and then pausing the game. My sim then queues up a lot of "learn to teleport" interactions with him, and now has plenty of time to saunter of to the ninja to pick the wrong answer  Tongue

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2007 September 09, 12:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hotel maids don't touch dishes, from what I've seen. "Luckily" the dishwasher in the hotel my Sims stayed in was readily accessible. It's a feature!

I noticed this too, and it's really annoying.  I sent my Sims on a 3 day vacation and by the end of it there were roaches all over the hotel lot, from the dirty plates.  Naturally my Sims all came home with the flu.  Once the roaches appeared, I discovered there is no way to call an exterminator from a vacation lot.  Very frustrating!
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2007 September 09, 12:45:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't actually gotten the deliveryperson to hand the album over yet (they've just placed it on the ground), but I suspect this is due to poor lot design on my part.

Nothing wrong with your lot design, Denimjo.  The album is supposed to be left at your door.  No signature required.   Wink
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2007 September 09, 13:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the roaches problem - you either need to change accomodations regularly or make sure you're there long enough for the maid to get things cleaned up.  At some stage you're going to have to be there long enough for the cleaning to happen, because the mess is saved from one vacation to the next - disappointing!

I'm most miffed that bigfoot isn't breedable, either.  He appears to be intending to be entirely asexual.  Although you can make him pregnant with the tombstone of L&D (no pregnant body morph).  Doesn't create hairy kids, either Sad
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2007 September 09, 13:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you didn't already have a sim-Husband, that idea would have been for you, NESS. It may still be in the cards. After you buy a Lythdan. You can go to the Far East and buy the Lythdan that her parents sold in Thailand.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2007 September 09, 14:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the want fulfilled when buying jewelry, but that was on vacation. Did you add the counter to a store in your normal neighborhood?

Yea, it was a regular store.  The jewelry selling thing appears in the Misc catalog, and can be put on any comm lot.  Though it would make EAxian sense if it only really works in a vacation hood.  Tongue

My Sim booked a vacation for Sunday on a Monday. On Wednesday, she spun up the want "go on a far east vacation". I locked it. It never got fulfilled, not when she went on the vacation, not when she came back. Should this want be "book far east vacation" instead, or is it just broken?

Nope; I had a sim roll the same want and I had him book it for the following Saturday, and the want didn't get filled.  Sounds like that one is borked too.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: 2007 September 09, 15:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I realize that people are down on the Prima guides here, but while they may not always be correct because of the design document issue, they do a pretty good job of explaining how things were INTENDED to work. A lot of the questions people have had in this thread and others have been covered in the guide -- like how the ninja answers are random like chance cards, or how hotels are supposed to work in non-vacation hoods. Lots of otherwise clueful people have spent a lot of time trying to figure out "how the hell does this work?" instead of "does this work the way they say it does?" when the latter would probably have been simpler.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
fabricnut
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2007 September 09, 16:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim came back from vacation and I picked the extra want slot for him.  I had 2 wants locked for him and when the extra slot disappeared the locks did too and everything rerolled.  It was most annoying because he got married on vacation and one was have a baby and the wife was expecting.

nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: 2007 September 09, 17:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed that Sims aren't getting their mid-shift perk up? Explanation: Sim A would previously go to work and along about half to 3/4 way of her shift her bladder and hunger would become almost full. Now there is no rise at all. Not playing with any hacks. Unsure if any previously played with hacks or mods were the reason she would get the rise before.

Can anyone tell me if you've gotten the same thing?

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2007 September 09, 17:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kind of wish they added some way to cook fish on the grill. Camping + fishing =/= grilled fishy.

I've had camping sims cook fish they've caught on the grill.  Once the sim had fish in his inventory, the option to cook bass with squash came up on the grill, instead of just hot dogs.

Thanks for the album tip, off to try now.  Should just leave me with the find buried treasure memory as the only one to unlock.
Maybe it's a cook-point thing. She only had one at that point. Digging for treasure could completely break any money-related challenges. I had one sim (going after all vacation memories) dig for a good six hours. She got the treasure box, 4 rocks, 5 bones, all three maps, and a bunch of random decorative crap.

I'm almost wondering if my flapjack problem was related to the fact that, at the time, all she had in inventory was a cell phone and the map to the asian destination. After she had dug up all three maps, she ordered flapjacks again and they were the proper food.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2007 September 09, 23:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim came back from vacation and I picked the extra want slot for him.  I had 2 wants locked for him and when the extra slot disappeared the locks did too and everything rerolled.

The extra want slot is good for only 48 hours.
dream_operator
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2007 September 10, 01:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, it was a regular store.  The jewelry selling thing appears in the Misc catalog, and can be put on any comm lot.  Though it would make EAxian sense if it only really works in a vacation hood.

I had a jewelry stand in Amelia's Closet in Bluewater.  My sim rolled the want when he entered the lot (I figured because there was a jewelry stand there...but who knows Wink ) and buying a watch fulfilled the want.  By the way it is CEP that makes the new toilet stall recolors not show up.  I took it out (after reading some posts in this thread and realizing I had only green toilet stalls) and all the recolors where there.  Also running a hack-free game I have had no problems with walking to any community lot and returning back home.  Just some random observations from my game. XD 

Dream

There is no meaning in our world for us who live there. No meaning at all. -Ulquiorra
fabricnut
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2007 September 10, 02:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim came back from vacation and I picked the extra want slot for him.  I had 2 wants locked for him and when the extra slot disappeared the locks did too and everything rerolled.

The extra want slot is good for only 48 hours.
yes I know but it rerolled ALL slots even locked ones.

nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2007 September 10, 02:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Digging for treasure could completely break any money-related challenges. I had one sim (going after all vacation memories) dig for a good six hours. She got the treasure box, 4 rocks, 5 bones, all three maps, and a bunch of random decorative crap.
A day's worth of macro-digging yields somewhere between 3-5K worth of stuff on average. Digging is a bit overly safe, due to the lack of Power Lines to dig up. The digging frenzy would probably cool off if I added the ability to find a power line in addition to the water main.

Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2007 September 10, 02:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A day's worth of macro-digging yields somewhere between 3-5K worth of stuff on average. Digging is a bit overly safe, due to the lack of Power Lines to dig up. The digging frenzy would probably cool off if I added the ability to find a power line in addition to the water main.

That would be so awesome!

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2007 September 10, 04:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Digging for treasure could completely break any money-related challenges. I had one sim (going after all vacation memories) dig for a good six hours. She got the treasure box, 4 rocks, 5 bones, all three maps, and a bunch of random decorative crap.
That would be very, very fun. Maybe my current playable is just overly lucky. She's found four treasure boxes in a week, digging maybe 2 hours a day average.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2007 September 10, 08:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I realize that people are down on the Prima guides here, but while they may not always be correct because of the design document issue, they do a pretty good job of explaining how things were INTENDED to work. A lot of the questions people have had in this thread and others have been covered in the guide -- like how the ninja answers are random like chance cards, or how hotels are supposed to work in non-vacation hoods. Lots of otherwise clueful people have spent a lot of time trying to figure out "how the hell does this work?" instead of "does this work the way they say it does?" when the latter would probably have been simpler.

Some of us don't own Prima Guides. Some of us believe manuals ought to come with the software. I've never bought a Prima Guide for any sim game or EP.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2007 September 10, 08:58:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ness, if by album you mean the photo album, I think your Sim has to order prints and the album off his home computer.  Charge is $45 and it is supposed to be delivered to the Sims home.    Haven't tried it yet...

Has anyone else experienced the album killing his/her stories? I've read about it once, but didn't (want to) believe it: either after ordering or after viewing the photo album (I think it's the latter), all pictures of your storytelling had been kicked back into the picture pool and the text is gone  Angry. Stories of families played since BV but without an album are untouched (talking about pre-BV families of course).

2. My sim froze right after getting the "Stay on the Log and win" memento (Three Lakes). He won, the kid he was playing with left, he stopped moving. I left the lot and placed the FFS debugger just in case, then tried again: Now, every time I wanted to join someone else on the log, the action dropped out of the queue immediately. No problems with rolling the log alone, though. Known issue or unfortunate coincidence?

3. And please, please, please someone make a "no autonomous Tai Chi" hack, and "no autonomous sea chanty" would be very, very nice, too.

Edited for clarification.
Edited for replacing wrong word.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 10, 10:22:46 by sloppyhousewife » Logged

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2007 September 10, 09:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3. And please, please, please someone make a "no autonomous Tai Chi" hack, and "no autonomous sea chanty" would be very, very nice, too.

Seconded.

That bloody sea shanty - or 'chanty' as EAxis have decided to call it - is viral. My sim autonomously taught it to a local in the Far East, he's taught it to at least 3 other locals, so now I have a bunch of sims in kimonos singing sea shanties on the commlots all the time. (Shows you how long I've been hunting the damn ninja).

Tai chi is irritating but at least it's quiet.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: