More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 06:43:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bon Voyage dissatisfaction
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bon Voyage dissatisfaction  (Read 221809 times)
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
Bon Voyage dissatisfaction
« on: 2007 September 05, 22:33:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might have been the only one that was lead to believe this.

In the producers video, they made it look like you could spend 2 days at Mountain place, a few days at Far East and then head off to Tiki island.

However I cannot find a option to do this. I booked my sims on a Vacation and chose "Decide when I get there". If you check out of the hotel you can get the option "Try different lodgings" but it only brings up hotels for the area (so if you started in Far East then you have to stay there).

According to sheeple at the BBS you cannot split destinations.  Did anyone else think that you could after watching that video? Or maybe I was just expecting too much Sad

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Re: Bon Voyage dissatisfaction
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 05, 22:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know MaxisEA is full of liars. This doesn't  come as a surprise to me. I thought the same thing actually. There are several things about the game I'm disappointed in.  But it's par for the course when dealing with EAxis.

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 05, 23:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I saw that too. Lame. They said you could do it all "round the world" stylee. How else can students have a proper gap year?

I predict that if you posted this on the main BBS people would be all, "You should be grateful for what you have, bleeeeat!!"

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 05, 23:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was trying to do this just now and was disappointed to find it was not possible.  I was also a bit annoyed at the lots, having a lack of things to do.  Although I think it will be better when I have created my own vacation hood, I've never been a fan of EAxis made hoods/lots.

I am quite bemused by the jewellery for sale too.  Especially as I've figured out you can just put it on for free when changing appearance!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 05, 23:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought there were only a few special ones you could just buy at the vacation spots, everything else was available in CAS...and hence the mirror.

As for the location thing, color me unsurprised.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 05, 23:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might be wrong because I haven't checked this out, but in the Far East i could buy little japanese fan earrings, I assumed that was the jewellry for that location.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 05, 23:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't bought/arr'ed BV yet but yeah.. I definitely got the impression, not only from the "walkthrough" with the Bland Twins but previous fansite video files, Sims chat, etc that you WERE able to skip to a new destination in another "area" for "round the world" style traveling.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Morigale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 06, 00:06:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also assumed you'd be able to go multiple places, but once I installed and saw that there were three neighborhoods instead of one I dropped that idea. I never watched any of the previews, so it wasn't a particularly entrenched idea in my case...

I wasn't expecting very much out of this, as Vacation was never really one of my favorites and I'm not a big fan of dragging my sims around places. Jewelry's nice, the new attraction likes/dislikes are nice. Everything else, we'll see.

What I am disappointed over, though, is that (at least by the guide book) Bigfoot can't be interacted with romantically. I wanted a bigfoot/zombie/alien love triangle, dammit!
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 06, 01:14:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, surely there'll be a hack to let you smooch with Bigfoot, unless the animations look too ridiculous. Wink

I'm really looking forward to putting this in my game ones all the kinks are worked out and the annoyances stomped, actually. I'm lukewarm on the vacation concept itself, but it's got a bunch of features that I just plain WANTED, and some of them are core-level changes, plus it's full of interactable objects that I think sound really neat and can't wait to play with. Most of the things that seem likely to irritate me even when working as expected are specific to the vacation minigame, and some of those should be fixable.

Of course, it's the Hobbies EP I'm really looking forward to -- first one that just the concept has really made me want to see it, even though I know from experience that every EP will have something that I want. Stupid having to wait 6 months. Tongue

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 06, 01:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't remember if it was the walk through or something else, but I seem to remember it being mentioned that the sims had to return home before heading to the next 'exotic locale'. It'd be nice if they could destination hop, but meh... It's not a deal breaker for me.

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 06, 01:48:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone tried walking between lots yet? I've heard of a problem, but I don't know if the person is running hack-free.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 06, 01:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to sheeple at the BBS you cannot split destinations.  Did anyone else think that you could after watching that video? Or maybe I was just expecting too much Sad
Why did you think ANYTHING from watching the video? The video was OBVIOUSLY fake. What possible worth could fake video about a previously nonexistent item possibly have? Silly Stupidlilley.

Didn't I warn you about that video?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
armywife
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 06, 03:02:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have only played (very short) vacation lot.  The one, sorry can't remember the name, but it was the tropical locale.  While digging for shells on the beach, I dug up shell earrings.  Well, and 2 crabs.  Some of the jewelry you can only purchase on the vacation lots.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 06, 03:08:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone tried walking between lots yet? I've heard of a problem, but I don't know if the person is running hack-free.
I'm far from hack-free (although I have updated my director's cut hacks). I'm having the walking issue. The community lot loads, but your sims are all stuck on "Arrive" and don't appear. If you exit to the 'hood, then enter the hotel lot again, you get the same. Only solution was enabling "boolProp dormspecifictoolsdisabled false", buying the lot debugger, then choosing "Retrieve missing sim". Thank goodness that still works, or I would have lost my testing family the first day!

Other annoyances:
1. Yay, another stupid family in the sim bin of every stinking 'hood.
2. The majority of vacation townies must come from the 'hood templates, not be generated from face templates/Live.package. My tour guide is using a custom template from the set I currently have loaded in, but that's it. Everyone else has stupid Maxis faces and stupid Maxis names. I have again been visited by the Curse of Goopy. I believe I'll have to try to find a new death method, and he shall be my lab rat.
3. The Maxis accessories (with the exception of a couple of bracelets, a pair of earrings, and one necklace) are ugly flat crap. The first person to make default replacements gets a kiss. Or I could try it...retexturing is the only thing I don't suck at. Oh, and the discoverable glass necklace? The string sinks into the sim's collarbone.
4. Hotel food is extremely unsatisfying. This is even more annoying due to the fact that you can Try for a Baby on vacation, meaning you have a pregnant sim eating foods about as filling as a half bag of chips. Sim-grilled hotdogs seem fine. Haven't tried the special food bars yet...that's where I ran into the walking issue.
5. The reverse of the queue-dropping issue. I had a sim autonomously go and take a shower, but I decided I wanted them to eat first. I queued eating. Normally then the sim-initiated action would drop. It didn't. 15 minutes later he was still in the shower and near starving (see: crappy unsatisfying hotel food).
6. Maxis must have employed Buntah. The expensive bungalows in Tikitiki? Ick. Nasty. Not even hotel chain nasty.
7. Ok, can every last local please not harrass my sims to do the hang loose sign? Please? This is yet another reason why Goopy must die.
In other news, I am having none of this community lot timing issue everyone else is. Time passes normally. I don't use the community time hack, either.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 06, 03:09:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't say I was really expecting such anyways so I'm not disappointed...however I also did not watch all the videos/read all the interviews that came out prior to this EP.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 06, 03:23:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the new attraction likes/dislikes are nice.
What are they btw? Spoiler me.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 06, 03:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, we've heard from someone else who isn't having the problem. So it may be a hack conflict. My game is on its way home now, so I'll see if I can trace it once I get it installed.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 06, 03:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'll do a binary search tomorrow as well. I just want to play through this vacation first.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 06, 03:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My default replacments have been working ok

dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 September 06, 03:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can also confirm that my sims have walked to multiple destinations without problem. I am testing without hacks, so my main frustration is when I click sims to macro something and remember that I can't.

Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 September 06, 04:06:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhh, that's another issue I'm having. With the exception of Tattoos, none of the new turn ons/offs actually tell you what they are. Point at the red hair icon, you see a 'Red hair' text bubble pop up. Point to 'tattoos,' you see the text bubble. Point at any of the other ones and . . . nothing.

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 September 06, 04:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can also confirm that my sims have walked to multiple destinations without problem. I am testing without hacks, so my main frustration is when I click sims to macro something and remember that I can't.

That is so annoying not to have your favorite hacks,  I haven't encountered any problems so far(besides not having my hacks and the fact that you tend to get double charged)  Cassandra and Don got married and went on a honeymoon in the tropics.  They walked between lots flawlessly.  It worked well cause I was stupid and let Cassie get prego on the honeymoon.  They would go on an outing and when Cassie got too tired they would walk back and Don would go off lot  to a place by himself( he learned how to fire dance).  I really love this EP so far--it will be nicer when the hacks are updated.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 September 06, 04:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhh, that's another issue I'm having. With the exception of Tattoos, none of the new turn ons/offs actually tell you what they are. Point at the red hair icon, you see a 'Red hair' text bubble pop up. Point to 'tattoos,' you see the text bubble. Point at any of the other ones and . . . nothing.
Really? Huh. Mine are popping up titles. There's one for each skill...like "charismatic" "creative" "good cook". There's one for "unemployed" and some career-advanced one for level 6+. One for jewelry. One for plantsims, zombies, servos, werewolves. Those are all I can remember at the moment.

Default replacements in general (skins, eyes, eyebrows) are working. Default replacement CAS templates are working on NPC's, but not vacation townies because they seem to be from the vacation 'hood templates (kind of makes sense, how else would you have families with the same last name?).

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 September 06, 04:45:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so annoyed.  This thing has been loading for like 40 minutes.   And it's been creating "exotic destinations" for like another 10.  Before I installed this EP it still took a shit ton of time to load b/c my enormous amount of CC...like 15 minutes...but me thinks 40 minutes is just ridiculous.  Guess it is time to prune the CC again and if that doesn't help then my computer has decided BV is the devil.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 September 06, 04:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm far from hack-free (although I have updated my director's cut hacks). I'm having the walking issue. The community lot loads, but your sims are all stuck on "Arrive" and don't appear. If you exit to the 'hood, then enter the hotel lot again, you get the same. Only solution was enabling "boolProp dormspecifictoolsdisabled false", buying the lot debugger, then choosing "Retrieve missing sim". Thank goodness that still works, or I would have lost my testing family the first day![/quote]
Does this issue occur even with the removal of "antiwatchout"? That hack was heavily influenced by a lot of BV-related code and hasn't been field tested yet.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: