More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 02:57:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Converting Pre-BV Accessories to fit in new BV Accessory Section
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Converting Pre-BV Accessories to fit in new BV Accessory Section  (Read 66524 times)
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Converting Pre-BV Accessories to fit in new BV Accessory Section
« Reply #25 on: 2007 September 14, 12:45:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tested some earrings and they do display as the pair, taking only one ear slot (for the moment I put everything custom on the left ear), therefore being stackable with a right ear slot earring.
I have some sticking problem with maxis jewelery before messing with custom accessories. The first time I trashed completly the sim I was making in CAS, thinking something bad happened (I managed to put 2 watches on him, on the same arm). But further playing in CAS (with maxis jewelery, not custom ones) seems to indicate it is a problem of CAS display not refreshing correctly (doing something else like changing the sim's clothes, then going back to the jewelery tab seems to fix it).
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2007 September 14, 13:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... Well, clearly I have failed myself. You must not. Tongue I'll have to download some more accessories tomorrow and then play around with them. Of course, if I just streamline it in the WW, that'll make things much easier anyhow.

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
Captain Swooptie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 September 14, 13:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shoot, I'm so sorry, jfade, I completely missed your edit. Here's a really quick-and-dirty conversion of the horn-rimmed glasses that I spit out of BodyShop.

pioupiou, thanks for the info. I had managed to get nearly every piece of jewelry on a sim and had to trash her before I went crazy. Good to know it's the game's fault.

* jewelry_hornrim.package (29.29 KB - downloaded 348 times.)
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2007 September 20, 19:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Headdesk*

Thanks, I found out the original problem I was having... Some old, borked versions of the files from earlier experiments were still sitting in another folder and loading before the fixed versions. Doh. Works now. Smiley

Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 September 21, 13:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an excellent tutorial, except for one thing; I can't get the damn thing to work for me.  Cry  Things seem to be going great until I get to step two. When I try to change the Group and the Instance values, SimPe throws an error. As soon as I delete the orginal number to edit it, a popup says it can't set value.

First, I'm not an expert at playing around in Simpe, though I have binned hundreds of hair files, changed clothing categories, etc. So maybe I'm failing just because I suck...lol.  I do know I've given myself a headache trying to figure out what the hell I could be doing wrong. Any ideas?
Captain Swooptie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 September 21, 14:09:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimPE is annoying with throwing that error, yes. From what you said, it looks like you're highlighting the whole number and then hitting backspace, throwing the error. Just click "ok" in the error text box (or whatever the button says) and continue typing. It's more of a warning than an error, to ensure you don't put in an unsupported value. To avoid the warning completely, you can just highlight the entry and start typing (or paste the new number in), but if you're more comfortable with the first way and don't mind the warning, you can just hit "ok" and go about your business.
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 September 21, 14:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey thanks for the reply, Captain Swooptie. Well actually I have been just ignoring the error and continuing, but when it's all done and I go to into the game to see if it worked, the item (it's a necklace) does not show up in cas. I made sure to follow each direction step by step at least five times. I guess I do suck and am doing something wrong. *sigh*

I'm going to roll my sleeves up and go back in, trying it the way you suggested. Hopefully I'll get it right if I don't give up.  Wink
Captain Swooptie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 September 21, 15:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darn it, I was hoping it was something simple!

If you keep having trouble, go ahead and upload the file you've been working on and I'll take a look at it to see if I see anything.
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 September 21, 17:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Problem solved!  Grin Actually it was something rather simple (and stupid). For some reason, a couple of the numbers were not staying changed. I went back in, changed them again and... it works!  I was really tired last night when I was working on it, so it was most likely something dumb I was doing. The tutorial is AWESOME.

*presses thanks button repeatedly*
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2007 September 29, 13:20:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All you awesome ppl! If you did some rebinning successfully, could a non-awesome peasant be lucky to use it too? *Begs shamelessly for downloadable rebinned custom jewellery. Cheesy
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 September 29, 14:03:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Joining Shameless begging!

Maxis taste in jewelry is on par with their taste in everything else.   Roll Eyes 

Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 September 30, 01:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much for the tutorial. I've re-binned some of my stuff, but I still have a long way to go. If only it wasn't so time-consuming to go through and edit all of those numbers.

Perhaps a plugin is in order....? Maybe....? Wink

Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 September 30, 03:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll tell you what... I've done so much damned re-binning now that I have the numbers memorized!  Cheesy  It is definately easier for me now than it started out being. It is most definately worth every grueling minute though.
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 October 01, 14:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm working on re-binning most of aikea-guinea's stuff and I'll upload them if people want them.
I don't know how long it will take to do them all though, I'm kind of swamped in college at the moment.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2007 October 01, 15:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Wardrobe Wrangler is actually really close to being ready for public consumption, so if you give me a bit more time I should have that for you to use. Smiley

spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 October 01, 15:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Wardrobe Wrangler is actually really close to being ready for public consumption, so if you give me a bit more time I should have that for you to use. Smiley

If there's an easier method in the works then I'll be glad to wait. Thanks for letting me know before I spent hours re-binning crap  Wink

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2007 October 01, 18:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Waits patiently for the Wrangler, drooling Tongue (and worships jfade)
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2007 October 02, 03:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WAIT NO MORE!

http://forum.djssims.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=303 - Download, test, and enjoy!

Smiley

spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 October 02, 06:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Score!  Cheesy *downloads*

ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2007 October 02, 12:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh.. it looks so pretty. I am at work so I cant start my big, long overdue, wardrobe cleanout at this minute, which I sooo want to.. I'd better cancel all other social stuff this week, hehe.. maybe call in sick? Tongue
TY!!!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 October 02, 23:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

jfade, will be paying a visit to your place later, haven't been for a while - sheer laziness - but am so looking forward the the Wardobe Wrangler. Choice one dude!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2007 October 03, 03:44:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beta 2 is up, fixed all those freaking nasty errors with previews. Stupid thing worked fine in my environment and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why it was erroring till I moved it to a completely different situation and it started erroring. Still have no idea WHY, but it's fixed now. Smiley

femsuii
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 April 25, 13:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like this tutorial, I hardly ever work with SimPe, but even I understand it! I do have a question though, is it possible to enable miscellaneous (for example) for toddlers so that you can decide when they have to wear a pacifier/soother/binkie?
Captain Swooptie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 April 26, 03:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like this tutorial, I hardly ever work with SimPe, but even I understand it! I do have a question though, is it possible to enable miscellaneous (for example) for toddlers so that you can decide when they have to wear a pacifier/soother/binkie?

Never tested it with toddlerz, but it won't hurt anything if you try. Just categorize the pacifier as a nosering or something and it should show up under misc.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 April 26, 09:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never tested it with toddlerz, but it won't hurt anything if you try. Just categorize the pacifier as a nosering or something and it should show up under misc.

I've binned them as lip rings.  They work fine.
The category will be automatically enabled when there is something in it.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: