More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 22:37:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  a new cheese-precursor is ready for fermentation! How smelly do you want it?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: a new cheese-precursor is ready for fermentation! How smelly do you want it?  (Read 6275 times)
nil
Blathering Buffoon

nil is just an orphan and doesn't own anything.

View Profile
a new cheese-precursor is ready for fermentation! How smelly do you want it?
« on: 2008 July 17, 07:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello you all,

a new project is at its dawn to blast out... Cheesy

Its aim is to "Reduce EP requirements of a lot", esp. a lot made in an EP.  an EP lot can be converted into or swapped into a lot playable in the base game, and in other words in all game versions.

The present major goal is to at least get the wall, floor, terrain, and some more other build features into lots compatible to all games.
Non-empty-in-lot objects are presently assumed to be replaced by the base game fallback objects.  Surely, an option to drop this act may be negotiable during the development but mostly dependent on whether that's approachable.  There can be always an alternative version like LotCorruptor as a risky counterpart to LotAdjustor.  However, if people come join and help solve well enough, EP-specific objects can all be converted into the base game fallbacks while the custom objects can be saved along with the major build features mentioned earlier.

The input lots may range from newly built lots to inhabitted lots, but the output lots are presently likely unhabitted lots with all the sims infos removed.  Nevertheless, if some BS-modders and sims-modders join in to help sort out those sims-related files, we've got a chance to keep the sims and the family as well.

Skilled or not skilled are welcome as long as you're interested coz we'll share our knowledge and suggestions to make it work out for as many members as we can.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=250693&page=77&pp=25#post1984268

Stop staring at me, stop following me, stop stalking me, stop spying on me, stop petting me, stop touching me, stop pressuring on me, STOP!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: a new cheese-precursor is ready for fermentation! How smelly do you want it?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 18, 11:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems like an impossible goal. You may be able to force-install a lot into expansions you don't have, but if any new features are used, your lot goes boom. Stuffpacks are less problematic: Things missing in a stuffpack simply don't appear. Similar things happen if you use furniture or wallpaper from an expansion pack that the target doesn't have, but anything build-modeish, well, bad things happen.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: a new cheese-precursor is ready for fermentation! How smelly do you want it?
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 27, 08:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I also could not understand exactly what is the goal. We buy EPs because of the new possible features to be included. Objects are not the point cause I think there are more talented people creating new objects than the producer. Stuff packs don't add much more than our curiosity. I like some new furnitures but I doubt I would buy the whole ikea for my homes. Smiley Besides most objects original or cloned revert to some of the Base Game items as soon as you place them on a computer that don't have an specific EP. I would like to Uninstall some EPs. mainly Uni that I hate from start. I use Uni only because one of my favourite characters use a special long hair that came with Uni and all custom created similar REQUIREs Uni. A friend of mine have only 2 EPs installed and when I took a look I could not find out anything that my ALL EPs game has that he doesn't. The only EP that is definitively additive and required for game play is Pets. You cannot replace or revert anything on it because it is specific.
All the other EPs have similar custom created object that is cloned from a Base Game item. As to the houses to be used in any game, it would result in a Base house that every player should complete with the inventory they have. Sincerely up now I could not build any house that I could say I was satisfied with it, without using absolutely no cc. Is it an issue with building? So far I can see none of the new EPs are adding any architectural news.  On the other hand, lots seem to have a lot of info that none of the presently available tools can read. I was stuck with a very banal problem and could not find any solution out of it: I have been messing up twice trying to get rid of an interaction that I abominate - namely the goofy dance. If I try in no matter way to get rid of this dance, I lose the lot. Sims start to point out and laugh all the time even if you don't have any radio like equipment. There's no way to correct this cause the goofy info seems to be saved on the lot. Not even Pescado lot debugger do a difference. The only solution is to move out the family and bulldoze the lot. So, if something so banal cannot be solved I wonder whatelse.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 27, 08:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Goofy Dance is not normally an interaction, it is what happens when a sim tries to dance and they suck at dancing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 28, 11:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I know what the goofy dance is, but it pulls an interaction (reaction?) where Sims point and laugh to a Sim that is goofy dancing. It is possible to get rid of goofy dancing if you increase the dancing skills for the Sim. The problem is that there's no tool to increase the dance skill for all the Sims at the same time. I use the insimenator and it does it individually. It would suck to do it one by one. I tried to get rid of the dance twice and I couldn't explain WHY it destroys the lot. You can move out a family and move in again and they will continue to point and laugh to ... nothing??

Well, back to the original tema of this thread. Is anyone starting to recognize what are the items in a Lot that SimPe just state as a black box with an ? (interrogation) in it?
I tried to identify the items by importing a packed lot and try to read the information while still in the Teleport Map. It is a mess when you do not have the right editor/reader. Some questions: What is an encoding utf=8 ?
Why whatever house makes a reference to a lot named N001 - Lot 24? So far I know that the N001-Lot24 is an empty house. I normally bulldoze it because it is as insignificant as a hole on the sand.
Most of the items in a lot refers to the objects that were placed in a house, but some also contains the whole list of Carreers and other info that would not suit to a house description.
How far are people gone with translation for the "mysterious" coding?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: