More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 06:33:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Vampire Biting Habits
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Vampire Biting Habits  (Read 7902 times)
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Vampire Biting Habits
« on: 2007 September 04, 23:56:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not having played a vampire before, I'm confused somewhat by their inconsistency with game rules.

I had a Sim who was bitten by a Grand Vampiress. They later married and had children. I've noticed that the Grand Vampiress has a few autonomous behaviors that I haven't witnessed in the regular vampire, such as flying around the house at random, for no apparent reason, since they often fly into one room then walk clear across the lot to do something else, or worse yet, land inside of objects where they can't get back out.

The behavior that I am most concerned about is the biting. I am using vampwerefixes of course. I was told that only teen and above could be vamped. Yet this Grand Vampiress has attempted to bite a toddler (not related but living in the same household) and two of her own children. The bites have always been attempted while the Sim is sleeping. But if I take her and have her click on one of the sleeping Sims, bite is never an option. Is this normal behavior?

The image is hard to see but the vamp is entering the door to bite the sleeping toddler in the crib. Although this image was taken at a dorm, the other two 'bites' took place at home in the regular hood.

The bites have never been successful, yet she has the memory of vamping 2 of her kids. She does not remember the bite attempted in the picture above, however. The kids do not have a corresponding memory, as the transaction was never completed. Can vamps actually bite sleeping Sims?  Does this mean that she will never attempt to vamp those 2 kids again later in life because she already thinks that she did, thus giving them immunity? Or will the fact that they are still Sims leave that option open still since they could have conceivably been cured and thus open to re-vamping? I'm not looking for any forced bites, only autonomous ones.

I was hoping that she would actually succeed in vamping one of these little ones. It would make the game quite interesting. Anyway, I've only seen these behaviors in her, but not in her husband which was my playable that she first vamped.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Vampire Biting Habits
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 04, 23:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grand Vampires try to randomly bite people as a signature behavior. Vampwerefixes restricts them from messing up playables from other lots because of state-inconsistency death, as well as NPCs. Not sure why they're trying to bite those of ineligible age, though. Will look at it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Loncaros
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 05, 14:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's a Grand Vampire and how does one differ from regular ones?
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 05, 14:30:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The grand vampires are the original NPCs.  They're not much different from other vampiric townies.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 05, 17:14:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the exception that they bite autonomously (normal vampires don't), are called count/countess, and wear a special outfit.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 05, 17:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the exception that they bite autonomously (normal vampires don't), are called count/countess, and wear a special outfit.
Sure about that? I've only played two vampires for a challenge (just doesn't appeal). It was a countess and her victim. Both tried to autonomously bite their housemates. One poor sucker had to be cured no less than five times.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 05, 17:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was the case in NL IIRC... not sure if it changed afterwards. I have not seen a vampire townie autonomously bite, ever.
Playables may very well do so. They follow different rules.
Loncaros
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 05, 18:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aren't the Count and the Countess Townies as well? They don't have a home after all
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 05, 18:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Added to fix. Should no longer happen.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 05, 19:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aren't the Count and the Countess Townies as well? They don't have a home after all

No, they're NPCs, like the mailman and the gardener and the maid.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 05, 21:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grand Vampires try to randomly bite people as a signature behavior. Vampwerefixes restricts them from messing up playables from other lots because of state-inconsistency death, as well as NPCs.

I completely forgot to tell you, she also attempted to bite the dorm cook, but the dorm cook pushed her away and they both received negative relationship points. Does the fix make the NPC push them away, or should she not have attempted this behavior in the first place?

Loncaros
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 05, 21:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the difference between a townie and a NPC then? afaik both are NPCs Smiley
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 05, 21:19:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the difference between a townie and a NPC then? afaik both are NPCs Smiley
Well, they both fit the literal definition of an NPC, in the fact that they are non-playable. The difference in TS2 is, NPCs are workers, and a new one will spawn if you kill/marry/vampirize/devampirize/etc. it, while Townies are purely to provide extra Sims for your Sims to interact with, and if you have the correct hacks, will not respawn.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 05, 22:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And there are some NPCs you shouldn't interact with beyond their normal functions or move in, such as the Social Worker, Repo Man and drivers, and of course the ol' Grim Reaper or his zombie hula dancers.  Also, some NPCs are kinda funky if you do move them in, like the Uni cheer leaders, mascots, or streakers -- they tend to show up on community lots in their 'original guise'.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 06, 01:55:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I completely forgot to tell you, she also attempted to bite the dorm cook, but the dorm cook pushed her away and they both received negative relationship points. Does the fix make the NPC push them away, or should she not have attempted this behavior in the first place?
This is a side-effect of making your grand vampire playable, I think. It thinks that your sim is now a playable sim trying to bite people under your direction...but how did it get on a college lot to attack dorm cooks?

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 06, 02:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the grand vamp is playable and was invited to the dorm by a dormie.. -stare-

Magicmoon, I had the same issue with my Grand Vamp chick as far as kidbiting went. About every other night, she'd wander down to her half-alien daughter's room and (I would think) go in to tuck her in. Nope. Each time, she's be spouting a "Bite" in her actions and would get the memory of having turned her daughter. This started when she was a toddler, if I remember correctly.. maybe went as far as infant stage, but I hadn't been noticing it. Until the girl was a child, I was too busy struggling to keep the Contessa's wife from keeling over as the result of various "too stupid to be vamped" free-will actions.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 06, 02:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I completely forgot to tell you, she also attempted to bite the dorm cook, ...

This is a side-effect of making your grand vampire playable, I think. It thinks that your sim is now a playable sim trying to bite people under your direction...but how did it get on a college lot to attack dorm cooks?

You are right, it was with a little cheating and she should not have been there in the first place. After my Sim was vamped and they were in love, I decided they should marry. My male Sim was a freshman. So I had 3 choices:

1. Marry her after graduation and play her with only 4 want slots.
2. Marry her after graduation and update her with lot debugger.
3. De-age her with InSim to YA and make her go through college herself by asking her to move in.

I chose option 3. So yes, she was in a place where she shouldn't have been in the first place.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: