More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 19:59:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Cyd Roseland Question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cyd Roseland Question  (Read 7007 times)
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Cyd Roseland Question
« on: 2007 August 28, 20:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally decided to play Cyd Roseland after seeing him visit many of my houses and he's got some pretty complicated relationships going on with a lot of the people.

I placed him in a house with his dog (which promptly destroyed the bed) and after a while I decided I would find him a job.  The house I put him in had a standard maxis computer and I sat him down and said find a job.  It started to look for a job and suddenly he jumped and was standing by the computer.  This happened like three times so I had him go get a newspaper to look and it happened again.

I had him go back to the computer to look for a job for his dog and he had no problem in doing that.

I tried Insim to find him a job and he had the jump again.

I finally got mad and used Inges cat sculpture to turn the dog into a stray and Cyd into a townie but I was wondering if anyone else had that problem?

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Cyd Roseland Question
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 28, 21:03:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This does not sound like a character specific or pet specific problem to me.  Sounds like a job hunt related problem.  Got any hacks loaded that modify jobs, job searches, etc?

You might want to do a scan of your hacks/mods to see if there's any conflicts.

If it's not that, you might try moving them into a different lot.  I had one maxis lot bork on me, with the effect that 3 out of 4 family members could not use anything water related without a jump (hot tub, pool, bathtub...).  In the end I moved the family to a new lot and bulldozed the old one.  That seemed to work in my case.

Tribulatio proxima est
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 28, 21:10:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like a custom career conflict to me. I've had it happen to me a few times.
What have you added to your game since your last successful job search?

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 28, 21:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wedgetail once had a problem with Cyd looking for a job except it was crashing their game.  I dont think there was a solution

ISFJ
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 28, 21:21:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well when I get home from work I will try to see if this happens with any other sim, if not then I will leave Cyd as a townie.

I did add the Life Stories careers and ltw_variety the other day but I don't think that is causing it.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 28, 21:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, a jump means an error has occurred, and the game reset the object/character.  So what you want to do is turn the testing cheats on so you can capture the error log and attach it here.  Then the smarter folks could help you track down the problem.

If you're not sure how to do any of that, read the FAQ that's stickied near the top of this forum.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 28, 23:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

get the hdcu. http://www.simwardrobe.com/ mine was doing that too. turns out uni-careersDEBUG and harderjobs dont play nice together. i should have read all the posts to begin with.

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 30, 05:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only problem I ever had with Cyd was his inability to form meaningful relationships!  I rather think it has to do with his parents giving him a female name!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 30, 13:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He gets along pretty well with Tara Kat -- they have two bolts and are married in my game.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 30, 13:32:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never got around to playing her - I think because she's obviously a younger version of the Katt lady in Unleashed, and I found her a pain!

He gets 3 bolts for Brandi, but not after she changed aspirations to Romance!  And he was too slow to catch her before she married the Romance sim she'd set her sights on, even without a single bolt!  Unfortunately, that Pleasantview was lost when my PC's fan broke and fried both my hard drives - the hard drives were reclaimable, all my sims stuff was not!  Now I BACK UP!  (But I tried to back up online, and it's useless, takes forever, and you can't download folders, just single files, so you end up with a lot of useless sim character files that SimPE won't recognise, and neither will the game - so now I'm waiting till I can afford a decent sized external HD.

I always find Cyd's dog is quite playable, he loves chasing the mail sim, and I let Cyd adopt Fah-Zeh so he wouldn't be alone on the lot, and after about a sim week of fighting they somehow became friends.

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 August 31, 06:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to burn to CD or DVD before I got an external HDD.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 August 31, 09:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a pain, isn't it, cds aren't so bad, they don't take long, but they hold so little!  I'm thinking of going over to rewritable dvds for now.  The sad thing is, online storage is useless.  Maybe ok for backing up your whole hard drive, but for individual folders, at least the system offered by my ISP, is useless, as you can't download the whole folder, just one file at a time, which means your sims are totally useless.  I think I might try zipping up and then uploading and see if that works, but I'll do the zipping and not leave it to the upload program, it seems to overload my CPU whenever I try that!  But an external HD is probably better, and cheaper, in the long run, but I think probably best unplugged except when it's being used, just in case I have another fan go and incinerate my files!

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 August 31, 10:23:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had much luck with re-writable CDs, they've been very unreliable for me. Never tried a re-writable DVD.

I actually hide my external drive after the weekly backup. I figure if I get ripped off they'll probably get all the PCs but at least I'll have data backup and insurance. I also use a password set in the bios, so if I get ripped off by your average teenage opportunist thief, they probably won't be able to get the machines to work.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 August 31, 10:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's about the only thing I don't really worry about - I suppose if it's never happened to you, you tend to think it never will.....

That is the one advantage of online back-up - no matter what gets nicked, you can at least restore your pc to what it was, if you should ever get it back......

I hate using passwords to get my pc started, so I tend to disable all but the necessary user accounts so I don't even have to click the load screen at start-up!  But then, I live alone apart from my cat, and I don't think he's into computer games. Cheesy

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 August 31, 16:56:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a pain, isn't it, cds aren't so bad, they don't take long, but they hold so little!
CDs hold so LITTLE? I've always found CDs to be frequently too LARGE for what I'd want to keep, seeing as CDs are effectively useless unless what you're storing is in the 500-650MB range. This makes them completely useless for anything that isn't a few hundred MB.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 August 31, 17:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, two small neighbourhoods in my game are nearly 300 MB - and that's without any downloads. 

Zephyr Zodiac
Wedgetail
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 06, 05:00:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wedgetail once had a problem with Cyd looking for a job except it was crashing their game.  I dont think there was a solution

Yes I worked out what it was, it was a custom clothing combo that crashed my game, was a body building mesh/oufit conflicting with a NL hairdo. It's something in your CC file, if it's just Cyd then it's something he is wearing. If it's all sims then good luck tracking it down in your downloads lol Tongue

I live like I type, fast with a lot of mistakes...*sigh*

My imaginary friend thinks you've got serious mental problems...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 06, 05:24:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what happens when you give in to their demands for new clothes! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: