More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 15:07:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Altering Body Meshes?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Altering Body Meshes?  (Read 3557 times)
Digital Femme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Altering Body Meshes?
« on: 2007 August 25, 17:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done a fairly decent job altering different parts of the game in order to get things the way I'd like them to look. Still, I've always been wary when it comes to editing body meshes. I love Marvine's Athletic Guy series, but it seems as if the project has been abandoned. What I'd like to do is to recreate these three outfits...

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=39742
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=21326
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=8701

...for the Athletic (http://www.insimenator.net/forumdisplay.php?f=160) body type.

Where can I find a good tutorial? Would this be doable for someone who is a beginner? Or would I be biting off way more than I could chew?
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
Re: Altering Body Meshes?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 25, 19:13:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Start with this tutorial on MTS2 then follow on with the parts 2 and 3. I found they had everything I needed to get started and beyond.

Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 25, 22:38:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Being one of those people with no patience or talent to even attempt editing any body meshes, i was a little disappointed when some meshes i liked didn't seem to be updated or worked on any more....

So i stumbled on this tutorial one day and i've been a conversion junkie ever since...

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=41045

It's much easier to fit clothing from a larger mesh onto a smaller mesh... so it should be possible to create athletic outfits from slim bodybuilder or bodybuilder outfits.

It took some learning when i first tried to do some for myself... but i got the hang of it pretty quick... but you'll need to keep in mind that you need to use a similar clothing mesh for what you're converting... I mean don't try to place a sweater and pants outfit on a clothing mesh for tank top and shorts... but try that if you want i got some great unexpected results when i did that...

Good Luck...   Wink

(hmm... i may even try to do a few athletic conversions myself today)
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 03, 23:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link, Scratch. I've been forever wanting to convert the base-game spacesuit/wetsuit/superherosuit (the one that comes in grey, red, and blue versions) to the other ages. My non-adult alien sims will now have some decent clothing to wear, just as soon as I get off my lazy butt and do something about it.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 05, 03:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please do share the results when you're done, NVA. Smiley

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 05, 03:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mesh-remapping is pretty easy, assuming that meshes are "analogous". One can remap an existing outfit, even for other age categories normally not around, if a counterpart mesh exists in the other age category. If you simply want to remap a texture from one mesh to another, because one mesh is obviously identical or a successor mesh, such as when a creator releases two versions of a mesh, or for different "bodyshapes", all you do is replace the two values(SHPE, GMDC?) in the 3IDRs. If you want to remap to a different age category (YA/A <-> E <-> T), you need to find the counterpart mesh like above, do the 3IDR thing, and then do the property set. It's even possible to simultaneously enable an outfit for multiple age categories if compatible meshes exist, WITHOUT duplicating the entire texture (bloatware!) in Bodyshop.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: